The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

premier scr event

whippet one

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
i would like to say i am disapointed to say that we can not run in the event all it says on the progarm from the 12 10 03 scr event i have phoned up to enter my dog and been told she can not run how can they say she is not a scr dog after all she is sup rsch to me this stinks what is wrong with the 32lb and over if it had been bwra they would be running after all how many times do you see a 30lb run in ylb all in not very often thats way we put cass to 32lb so we could run scr racing are all yous with big dog scared of running with 30lbs

MY OPINION for what its worth is that if you are willing to run as a sratch dog you should be allowed to. and i hope they change there mind.

GARY FARMER. COME ON ERNIE. good luck

show three is a great bitch,but dont she run in handicap racing too,the event is for scratch racers only,

I'm suprised and disapointed to read your comments Whippet One. Especially after the telephone conversation we had before your post.The objective of the competition was to give a much needed 'lift' to the big dogs, who get very little sponsership.We all know you have a great bitch, but it doesn't meet with the one and only condition and that is 'that you must be 35 lbs or more in weight'.

seems simple enough to me. :D

I THINK IF US WITH BIG DOGS WANT THE SUPPORT FROM THE PEOPLE WITH SMALLER DOGS THEN WE SHOULD LET THEM RUN BUT WITH NO ADVANTAGE.

GARY. COME ON ERNIE.

no offence mick.

i think if folk with smaller dogs want the support of folk with big dogs,

they should stop moaning about the size of em,maybe everyone could

enjoy whippet racing then :D its a once a year event for the bigger dogs

give em a chance

None taken Gary. :( It's still 35lbs and over. :D

So, if Show Three went up to 35lb (even though it's daft but my guess is she'd still be in with a good shout even with the added weight on) she'd be allowed to run?

I can fully understand it being for scratch dogs only & to give them the added incentive which they are lacking at the moment, but how can the winner say they've beat the best scratch dogs in the country when the fastest bitch at the moment won't be there?

Last edited by a moderator:
like all champ events vicky you can only beat what you run against,and not many scratch dogs can put three good runs up whch is probly what is gonna be needed of em

neil i will put my dog up (1) (2) (3) times up i as not scare of any scr dog we have just lost the best scr dog ever jack back so i no all about scr not just bend like you but straights

peter im not having ago at any dogs inparticular ,im just saying what will prob be expected of the dogs on the day,show three is a exceptional bitch,as was jacks back,as for straight racing it dont interest me ,and is one of the reasons im packin whippet racing in.

at the end of the day it is a scr event and yes SHOW THREE is sup rsch but unfortunatly she doesnt meet the requirements set by the organisers

AND NO IM NOT SCARED OF RUNNING AGAINST YOUR BITCH PETER

she is without a doubt a top class bitch but she doesnt meet the requirements of the event

make no difference to me what they let run,they can run jack russells for all i care

i wont be there anyway :)

i have put my dog up two 32 lb and scr so we do not get solos anymore and still i race her ylb but only in half yld in final were is the only chance us with (BIG DOGS) have a chance at winning

**** ALL NEIL :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( I JUST COME IN FROM A GOOD NIGHT OUT AND READ THESE COMMMENTS WE ARE TRAINING UP TWO PUPS OUT OF SOLO AND WOR JOHN AND I WONDER WHY WE ARE BOTHERING I WISH WE HADENT BOTHERED THEY IS SO MUCH BACK STABBING AND BICKERING NOW WHICH THEY NEVER WAS THESE ARE GOING TO BE OUR LAST WE RUN HOW SAD IT HAS TO COME TO THIS :(

dont know what all the fuss is about you run your small dogs and we will keep running the big dogs :p hope to see you all at askern with your pedigree whippets wot a great days racing it should be

mmmmmmmmm the best scratch dog in the country not allowed to run ,all moaning about bigguns getting raw deal ,wich i dont think they do, now whos getting a raw deal .... oxo is spot on all moaning, backstabing, just gets worse.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back