The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Preparing to leave puppy during vacation.

Maggie Mul

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We will be leaving our puppy for an extended period of time during the summer vacation and I am starting to prepare a list of things to tell my pet sitter. She has looked after Maggie before whilst we have been away and comes over to our house 2x a week for 2/3 hours at a time; so they have forged a good bond and friendship. Maggie is still a puppy, so we continue to work on some issues. Apart from giving a pet sitter your pup's daily schedule, what else would be on your list of information for the sitter?

It may be useful to add certain quirks/traits she may have that you wouldn’t usually mention?

Like Dennis, will roll in fox poo if he gets the chance but because it’s so infrequent it’s not something at the front of my mind so I often forget to say! Etc

I think I'd write a list of don'ts as well as do's - depending on how well you know the dog sitter I would include things like 'Don't tell her off for rolling in fox poo, going on the furniture, not coming back when called but use these methods instead...' Or 'Don't pet the top of her head because she doesn't like it, Don't take food off her because she might object, Don't leave your slippers lying around because she'll eat them...'

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back