The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pup For Sale On Epupz?

jakers

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Forgive me if I am speaking out of turn but this pup is advertised on epupz

does the breeder know/ should they know???? :unsure: don't they want the pup back if the purchaseers circumstances have changed?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure the breeder wants to know, I have emailed her.

jakers said:
Forgive me if I am speaking out of turn but this pup is advertised on epupz
does the breeder know/ should they know???? :unsure:   don't they want the pup back if the purchaseers circumstances have changed?

i would think its down to ££££££ breeders dont buy back

was just browsing around and am sure that such a big name breeder would want to know whether down to money or not it's the breeders reputation at the end of the day. glad someone has notified the breeder and I wasn't speaking out of turn.

Liz

I pm'd her as soon as i read this earlier - think that's it covered, don't think anyone would want 6 thousand emails about the same thing!

thanks all - was considering having him meself.........but distance and ££££ prevents.....

i sent viv and claire emails as soon as i saw it :b

urchin said:
I pm'd her as soon as i read this earlier - think that's it covered, don't think anyone would want 6 thousand emails about the same thing!
I agree, i just thought most of you guys would be asleep by now, did not see anybody much on in Show Section. :oops: That is why I did mention notifying her. Hope she does not get many more.

Seraphina said:
urchin said:
I agree, i just thought most of you guys would be asleep by now, did not see anybody much on in Show Section. :oops: That is why I did mention notifying her. Hope she does not get many more.

sorry, yes i pm'd earlier but like a pillock forgot to put on here that i had

:b

oops poor people will be bombarded with emails pms and who's sent a carrier pigeon!!! :- " I'm sure they'd rather know than not, just that they'll know from the world and his wife now :wacko:

Liz

jakers said:
oops poor people will be bombarded with emails pms and who's sent a carrier pigeon!!!  :- "  I'm sure they'd rather know than not, just that they'll know from the world and his wife now  :wacko:
Liz

Well, I have to admit I also fired off my email and only then thought of leaving post here so people know it was sent :b Just have to hope Viv is not getting thousands...

If it was one of mine i would want to know ASAP

I agree that the breeder should be informed, obviously preferably by the person selling the puppy BUT there is not actually anything wrong with the puppy being sold by the new owners, if they ensure that the pup goes to a good home and takes the same care as a responsible breeder would. A puppy that age should command a good price, and not be given away, as this will help ensure a responsible home. There does not appear to be anything underhand about this advert BUT I DO AGREE IT IS GOOD MANNERS TO INFORM THE BREEDER.

Without further knowledge we shouldn't make a judgement on why the puppy is being offered for sale IMO.

Pauline

I'm in Lancashire, so if the breeder or someone who'd like him, wants him picking up for them, i'd be more than happy to help :thumbsup:

Sounds like the K9'ers are on the ball again........well done.

You amaze me how you know each others dogs so well :thumbsup:

Thanks To Everyone who let me know that this young man was being advertised on E pupz as I do not agree with selling pups from this site.

I have spoken with the lady concerned and told her to remove the advert, and are making arrangements to bring him home.

Thanks again I do have too many mails to reply individually (w00t)

And they even had the cheek to use a photo from your website,wonder how they managed that!!!

i sent a private email as i knew that if it was me i would want to know and id want the puppy back with me so i could vet the home he went to.when i saw the post there werent any replies to it and i couldnt for the life of me remeber the colooney kennels breeders name on here so i googled their website and followed the email addy on there.im not making any judgements about epupz or why the puppy is being offered for sale (as far as i can see noone else is either in that noone has said anything about it)it was just that i didnt think the breeder would have known about this puppy as they had had him for such a short while and as it said in the ad circumstances had changed and that was the only reason he was for sale.as a person who has bred dogs and who always would take any dog of any age of my breeding back for whatever reason i thought it was only fair that Claire and Viv were informed of this. :thumbsup: if id have seen the advert on epupz first id have sent them a private email rather than put it on here for public viewing

kris said:
i sent a private email as i knew that if it was me i would want to know and id want the puppy back with me so i could vet the home he went to.when i saw the post there werent any replies to it and i couldnt for the life of me remeber  the colooney kennels breeders name on here so i googled their website and followed the email addy on there.im not making any judgements about epupz or why the puppy is being offered for sale (as far as i can see noone else is either in that noone has said anything about it)it was just that i didnt think the breeder would have known about this puppy as they had had him for such  a short while and as it said in the ad circumstances had changed and that was the only reason he was for sale.as a person who has bred dogs and who always would take any dog of any age of my breeding back for whatever reason i thought it was only fair that Claire and Viv were informed of this. :thumbsup: if id have seen the advert on epupz first id have sent them a private email rather than put it on here for public viewing

This site is really a great means of communication - So well done K9ers again- for being on the ball. :D

You have let the breeder know asap of this advert, and it is now down to the breeder to take whatever action they want to on this occasion. I am sure the breeders will not have a problem with you putting this info on K9. It only shows people care what is happening to Whippets out in the big wide world.

You can only feel a little sorry for the dog, but hey, things change in everyone's lives occasionally, and in this case, let hope for the best for this little dog. :wub:

Pat

kris said:
i sent a private email as i knew that if it was me i would want to know and id want the puppy back with me so i could vet the home he went to.when i saw the post there werent any replies to it and i couldnt for the life of me remeber  the colooney kennels breeders name on here so i googled their website and followed the email addy on there.im not making any judgements about epupz or why the puppy is being offered for sale (as far as i can see noone else is either in that noone has said anything about it)it was just that i didnt think the breeder would have known about this puppy as they had had him for such  a short while and as it said in the ad circumstances had changed and that was the only reason he was for sale.as a person who has bred dogs and who always would take any dog of any age of my breeding back for whatever reason i thought it was only fair that Claire and Viv were informed of this. :thumbsup: if id have seen the advert on epupz first id have sent them a private email rather than put it on here for public viewing
sorry am new to the breed and thought this would be the best way of communicating, certainly the way it works in other breeds - as you will see my post was very late last night and I don't know the people involved but know enough to know that there are some very underhand people out there who will buy a puppy and sell on for a big profit - I'm not saying that this is what is happening ....... I did say in my first post that if I was speaking out of turn then I'm sorry.

Viv has contacted me and she is sorting it - you never know the little lad might even end up with a loving show home here with us and MR Z as a play mate :- "

I was simply look out for the breed

Liz

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back