The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy For Sale Websites

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
beaker said:
i'm for one am really grateful to the K9 eagle eye's, if it were not for them then i wouldn't have known that the 14 week old girl bred by my friend was being re-advertised without her knowledge and a year later i wouldn't have known that her litter sister was in the same predicament but this time being sold as a potential brood  :(
now thanks to K9 both are safe and living in the Devon sunshine with a total darling of a lady  :*

the posting of litters on here is a tough one to police, the back yard breeders that quietly churn out puppies en mass need to be shown up for what they are but how do we do that without inadvertently advertising their "product" for them as well  :( and how can we differentiate between the genuinely proud breeders showing off their babies and the breeders who only post to advertise?

those that check these sort of sites regularly can spot the ever regular sellers and warn buyers away from them, so i'm grateful the k9 eye's exist :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT POST :thumbsup:

also if myself or others want to browes other advertising site then i pay my internet connection and thats my choice to do so :thumbsup: weather that be every day or once a week ;)

no-one is asking you to read the threads that have been cross posted by K9 members about litters or dogs in need...

i dont cross post...but only because i dont know how :oops: :lol:

but ive seen lots of dogs find great homes with all credit going to the "K9 police" as you call them..

keep up the good work folks...your not harming anyone :thumbsup:

this is just my opinion before i get shot down in flames :- "

like jinnyfizz i tend not to get involved in these kind of threads but felt i needed to say my bit. o:)

i also think Epupz is no different to any site that advertises pets for sale....no different to ads in your local paper :blink:

you get good and bad in everything :thumbsup:

Last edited:
(i also think Epupz is no different to any site that advertises pets for sale....no different to ads in your local paper :blink:

you get good and bad in everything :thumbsup:

I agree :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Janimal said:
What Id like to know is what everyone has against EPUPZ... there are some normal families with puppies on there.My friend who had a litter about 6 months ago had 2 pups left mainly due to timewasters... :angry: so they put them onto Epupz.

In actual fact they sold in the end..due to word of mouth and not Epupz...but I personally dont think every person advertising on there is bad...

There are many litters on here...K9.....but only from personal experience do we know that particular breeder is good or bad sometimes...surely its the same if a litter is advertised on other forums/sites..

I for one am pleased puppies were shown on here...because I wouldnt have my dogs if it wasnt for the litters being on K9.  and I applaud all the people who have taken in dogs from these sites.. :thumbsup:   I also am not looking to have another puppy but often look at these type of sites...you never know what you would see.. :- "

This is the question i asked on the other pup thread Janis :thumbsup:

Julie has made some very valid points as well :thumbsup:

AnnSa said:
Janimal said:
What Id like to know is what everyone has against EPUPZ... there are some normal families with puppies on there.My friend who had a litter about 6 months ago had 2 pups left mainly due to timewasters... :angry: so they put them onto Epupz.

In actual fact they sold in the end..due to word of mouth and not Epupz...but I personally dont think every person advertising on there is bad...

There are many litters on here...K9.....but only from personal experience do we know that particular breeder is good or bad sometimes...surely its the same if a litter is advertised on other forums/sites..

I for one am pleased puppies were shown on here...because I wouldnt have my dogs if it wasnt for the litters being on K9.  and I applaud all the people who have taken in dogs from these sites.. :thumbsup:   I also am not looking to have another puppy but often look at these type of sites...you never know what you would see.. :- "

This is the question i asked on the other pup thread Janis :thumbsup:

Julie has made some very valid points as well :thumbsup:

thankyou ann....i do try o:)

Oh yes...........i know your trying :lol: :lol:

Yep, I'm gonna jump on the band wagon!

I don't have a problem with epupz either - when people want to know anything, they look on the internet - t'is the modern way :- "

People advertising on epupz don't need to sell to every caller, people calling about puppies don't have to buy them - it is the up-to-date version of 'word of mouth' and it is a useful tool for finding out what you do and don't like :thumbsup:

Everyone has to start looking somewhere ;)

doris said:
Yep, I'm gonna jump on the band wagon!
I don't have a problem with epupz either - when people want to know anything, they look on the internet - t'is the modern way :- "

People advertising on epupz don't need to sell to every caller, people calling about puppies don't have to buy them - it is the up-to-date version of 'word of mouth' and it is a useful tool for finding out what you do and don't like :thumbsup:

Everyone has to start looking somewhere ;)

yet another good post :thumbsup:

come on ladies we are on fire this friday evening (w00t)

Well I've been on Epupz for the first time this evening, and after seeing it, I wondered why people were so anti. I know dogs of all breeds are being overbred, but the ads on here (with a couple of exceptions) were generally quite good. Most had been wormed, vet checked etc, and some had mentioned the pups being brought up in the family home, and gave details of their breeding etc. Nothing as horrifying as I'd been led to believe - and it made me think "why do some people get anti this site, but find it OK to advertise in a local paper, or the Dog World?"

What is the difference? None is the answer, except this is online instead of in print. We'd all like to think we can find homes for all pups we breed, but sometimes the need to advertise does arise, and I don't think this site is too bad.

It's down to the breeder to check the people who apply before agreeing to sell. I did report something that was advertised fraudulantly, and I'll see if they reply :thumbsup:

i also dont think it matters where some one advertises pups , its up to the owner to vet the new homes and it dosent matter if its in the dog paper or an internet site , if they are caring owners they will do the best for the pups , if they are not then they wont , regardless of ehre they ad the litter / dog :)

saraquele said:
i also dont think it matters where some one advertises pups , its up to the owner to vet the new homes and it dosent matter if its in the dog paper or an internet site , if they are caring owners they will do the best for the pups , if they are not then they wont , regardless of ehre they ad the litter / dog  :)
...and for the puppy buyer to vet the breeder and conditions of the pups, and to walk away if all is not right...how ever hard that sounds and may be to carry out...line the pockets of the responsible breeders who do their best for their dogs, puppies and the breed in general :thumbsup:

June Jonigk said:
Well I've been on Epupz for the first time this evening, and after seeing it, I wondered why people were so anti.  I know dogs of all breeds are being overbred, but the ads on here (with a couple of exceptions) were generally quite good.  Most had been wormed, vet checked etc, and some had mentioned the pups being brought up in the family home, and gave details of their breeding etc.  Nothing as horrifying as I'd been led to believe - and it made me think "why do some people get anti this site, but find it OK to advertise in a local paper, or the Dog World?"
What is the difference?  None is the answer, except this is online instead of in print.  We'd all like to think we can find homes for all pups we breed, but sometimes the need to advertise does arise, and I don't think this site is too bad.

It's down to the breeder to check the people who apply before agreeing to sell.  I did report something that was advertised fraudulantly, and I'll see if they reply :thumbsup:

Totally agree June...

you dont have to sell your pups to the first person that responds...

and you dont have to respond to the first puppy advert you see either.

When I was trying to get a puppy around the time I got Oscar ...I telephoned lots of people with litters and asked questions...and emailed breeders too...

some didnt have any litters available...but out of the litters that were available I turned down some myself...on some occasions because the puppys colour or breeding wasnt right for me... :thumbsup: Im sure the people wouldnt hold it against me..

there will always be some 'snakes' out there no matter what... :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to be honest i advertise my litter on Epupz in the past.Yes i did get time wasters,but you also get time wasters through the paper etc.Yes i sold a one pup through Epupz,as the rest was spoken for,through K9,word of mouth,to excellent loving homes.The one i sold through Epupz,went to a excellent loving home,they keep in touch regular with updates and photos, and now they got another one :D

I have to agree you are going to get your good breeders and not so good breeders on these sites,but also its the same with papers etc.Its up to the person seeking a puppy to ask alot of questions, then go to see the litter and still ask questions( any good breeder should not object to this)if the person is not happy with what they see then come away,but often a person will have one because they feel sorry for them.

Perhaps there is so many litters on there because Epupz is free to advertise,if they charge a fee or membership,once a year or whatever, there might possibilty be less adverts for litters and older dogs.

At the end of the day,its up to the breeder where they advertise,whether we like it or not.

If i advertise on the net,then its my responsibility as a breeder to make sure they go to good homes,give the owner/s lifetime advice and take a puppy back anytime in its life.

daledogs said:
I got to be honest i advertise my litter on Epupz in the past.Yes i did get time wasters,but you also get time wasters through the paper etc.Yes i sold a one pup through Epupz,as the rest was spoken for,through K9,word of mouth,to excellent loving homes.The one i sold through Epupz,went to a excellent loving home,they keep in touch regular with updates and photos, and now they got another one :D
I have to agree you are going to get your good breeders and not so good breeders on these sites,but also its the same with papers etc.Its up to the person seeking a puppy to ask alot of questions, then go to see the litter and still ask questions( any good breeder should not object to this)if the person is not happy with what they see then come away,but often a person will have one because they feel sorry for them.

Perhaps there is so many litters on there because Epupz is free to advertise,if they charge a fee or membership,once a year or whatever, there might possibilty be less adverts for litters and older dogs.

At the end of the day,its up to the breeder where they advertise,whether we like it or not.

If i advertise on the net,then its my responsibility as a breeder to make sure they go to good homes,give the owner/s lifetime advice and take a puppy back anytime in its life.

spot on :thumbsup:

nicky12 said:
i know the reason i do it is because you never know wen you may be able to help one of them ,thats how we rescued my poppy so dont knock em for doing it ,as im shure its put a few whippets in loving homes who otherweise could well end up in wrong hands  :thumbsup: have look at my poppys story you will see what i mean  :)

http://www.k9community.co.uk/forums/index....topic=45260&hl=

And look to see what a wonderful life she having with Nicky :wub: :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back