The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Puppy Jabs

sky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dont know if Im allowed to ask on this forum but I need some puppy jabs as I have a 6 week old pup.

Please pm me!!

Thanks

midlanderkeith said:
sky said:
midlanderkeith said:
sky said:
Dont know if Im allowed to ask on this forum but I need some puppy jabs as I have a 6 week old pup. 
Please pm me!!

Thanks

Hi, the puppy needs to see a vet

:cheers:

They wont do pups so young.

Sorry but im not quite with you, havent you got a vet in your area to go discuss puppy jabs

i think what he/she is asking for keith are the injections you can buy cheap and do yourself :thumbsup:

the vets will not inject a puppy untill it is at least 8 weeks old , they do a temp parvo vacc at 6 weeks but still need the full course at 8 and 10 wks ( approx of course )

Last edited by a moderator:
saraquele said:
midlanderkeith said:
sky said:
midlanderkeith said:
sky said:
Please pm me!!

Thanks

Hi, the puppy needs to see a vet

They wont do pups so young.

Sorry but im not quite with you, havent you got a vet in your area to go discuss puppy jabs

i think what he/she is asking for keith are the injections you can buy cheap and do yourself :thumbsup:

the vets will not inject a puppy untill it is at least 8 weeks old , they do a temp parvo vacc at 6 weeks but still need the full course at 8 and 10 wks ( approx of course )

Oh, i see thank you, head up my a***e sometimes :lol:

I always do Parvo and Lepto at 6 weeks and then give them the 7 in 1 at 13 weeks. Cost about €15 for each pup the last litter I had, that was doing them myself. No `stamped` card from a vet, but the stickers are on the bottle and I stick them on their registration papers.

Martin Tucker said:
I always do Parvo and Lepto at 6 weeks and then give them the 7 in 1 at 13 weeks. Cost about €15 for each pup the last litter I had, that was doing them myself. No `stamped` card from a vet, but the stickers are on the bottle and I stick them on their registration papers.
There are a lot drugs etc cheaper in Ireland, knowing how much the jabs cost it really annoys me that our vets charge so much. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont quite understand what the irgency is to get the jabs cant you just wait till they are 8 weeks and then go to your vet???

Ann , frank can get hold of em, get steve to give him a call :thumbsup: :cheers:

My vet charges £25 for a pups first vaccinations so i don't see the point in DIY. Plus the vet also checks the dogs heart and general fitness.

I also think you will find it's illegal to sell and have POM's that arn't prescribed by a vet.

Another thing to think about too is have the vaccines been kept in a temperature controlled environment? if not they won't be effective and it will be a total waste of time using them

Plus you get a vaccination card when the vet vaccinates your dog which is a must if you ever need to put your dog into kennels.

My advice is get a vet to vaccinate your dog at 8 weeks.

Just back from town and called into my local supplier.

CPvL €7.50 about £6.00

7 in 1 €10.50 about £8.50

Total €18.00 or about £14.50 and they are making a small profit as well !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back