The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Pups And Soft Toys

pinky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Thank You k9ers for all the advice on previous post, we are all so excited because on saturday we are picking up our little boy pup.(counting the days down in sleeps too)

my 4 year old daughter wants to call him apple pie ,but mean old daddy says he can,t call out that in public,

so back to the drawing board.

Just one question should we let the pup have soft teddies for comfort or will he not be able to distinguish between his and the childrens. java script:emoticon(':cheers:')

smilie

sorry having trouble with the clickable smilies

Last edited by a moderator:
My lot have teddies in fact my greyhound William likes nothng more than to take one of his cuddlies to bed wth him he has several . It is advisable to keep your daughters teddies out of his reach and if he does get one to take it of him with a firm no and give him one he is allowed to have.

Warning though before you give your pup a teddy remove any plastic eyes, noses ect that he may pull of and swollow then stich up the holes it leaves as that will give him an easy access point for de stuffing

Personally, I wouldn't advise giving any soft toys because dogs can't understand the difference between it's soft toys and a childs. It may also be an idea to avoid balls as well. Since it will encourage the dog to chase balls it sees getting kicked around.

Not much fun having a toddler screaming as it see the dog killing it's fav tweenie (or other type) ball, never mind a fav cuddlie.

Perhaps sticking to strictly doggie toys for now would be a good idea, especially since your little one is so young.

hmm dont know whats worse apple pie or bloody zuki :lol:

as for the toys,my daughter gave him one of her old teddys to play with earlier and he has spent all night trying to kill it and then trying to hump it,must think he is married :lol:

Very funny Jas :lol:

maybe zuki needs some marrige guidance (w00t)

we will be in your shoes next week, so keep me posted as to how your getting on.

more pics please i've only seen one.

pics should be plentiful after the weekend as i have finally ordered a new memory stick for the camera :- "

trust me pinky,you will have a ball :lol: they are such little characters,bloody sharp teeth though so watch your daughter when it starts to get playful ;)

Evie said:
Personally, I wouldn't advise giving any soft toys because dogs can't understand the difference between it's soft toys and a childs.  It may also be an idea to avoid balls as well.  Since it will encourage the dog to chase balls it sees getting kicked around.
Not much fun having a toddler screaming as it see the dog killing it's fav tweenie (or other type) ball, never mind a fav cuddlie.

Perhaps sticking to strictly doggie toys for now would be a good idea, especially since your little one is so young.

I have to disagree about the soft toys and balls.

Both of mine have teddies galore and balls and they know the difference betwwen theirs and my daughters toys...bacause I taught them.

The same goes for kids kicking balls around at the park, they don't bother with them at all.

hellybobs said:
Evie said:
Personally, I wouldn't advise giving any soft toys because dogs can't understand the difference between it's soft toys and a childs.  It may also be an idea to avoid balls as well.  Since it will encourage the dog to chase balls it sees getting kicked around.

I have to disagree about the soft toys and balls.

Both of mine have teddies galore and balls and they know the difference betwwen theirs and my daughters toys...bacause I taught them.

The same goes for kids kicking balls around at the park, they don't bother with them at all.

Same here too :thumbsup: except maybe for the odd one or two(soft toys) they sneak out of my daughters bedroom .... but Im sure they know they arnt theirs by the look on their face. :) :- "

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back