The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Question On "profile Views"

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I understand that as a member of this board you have to accept all the ins and outs that come with this format of forum but......I BLOODY HATE SNOOPERS WHO SNIPE THRU PROFILES ANONYMOUSLY :angry:

Also how in one day namely yesterday(the quietest day of all on k9.. can a profile be viewd 3000 times ? Personally i think some people must be "pressing their own button" :eek: !

What is the point of a "profile view counter" ? Ive spoken to 3 members today who find it intimidating to wake up and sign-in to K9 to find people theyve never heard of sniffing thru their profiles, how peculiar that a brand new member who has registered that day should feel the need to check out somebodys profile rather than make a sensible post !

Infact....i feel theres a snooper looking at me now...."oh ive just came over a little queer !"..think id better lie down -_-

Hi

As someone who has come to the wonderful world of K9 via MySpace and Facebook, it seems kinda normal to look at someone's profile before joining a "conversation".

The thing with this site is that because it's primarily a forum which is a communication form as opposed to a social network like FB or MS - looking at profiles may seem odd, but if you've come from one of those worlds it's natural to look at profiles etc. I can imagine it's creepy if you think about it from a certain perspective - but to me, having entire 'conversations" on a public forum - like when threads get hijacked (eg the one titled "FAO Sarahloveland") is equally odd!

Live and let live I say - and try not to get too freaked out! 8)

z

Hi
As someone who has come to the wonderful world of K9 via MySpace and Facebook, it seems kinda normal to look at someone's profile before joining a "conversation".

The thing with this site is that because it's primarily a forum which is a communication form as opposed to a social network like FB or MS - looking at profiles may seem odd, but if you've come from one of those worlds it's natural to look at profiles etc. I can imagine it's creepy if you think about it from a certain perspective - but to me, having entire 'conversations" on a public forum - like when threads get hijacked (eg the one titled "FAO Sarahloveland") is equally odd!

Live and let live I say - and try not to get too freaked out! 8)

z
haha dont worry nobodys freaked out..infact i get the impression that some on here are flattered by it and seem to think its great having somebody check out their profile. i just dont get the point of a counter to tell you how many have done it..thats all. On mine for example theres been a few recently who have checked out me...they never pm or ive never met them...but they always have a wee nosey.....why ? Do they like the pretty dogs on my siggy maybe...or maybe theyre looking to see who else has been looking 8) Personally id rather they posted some nice pix of their dogs or kids than skulk around without touching-base.

then again im just a silly ol granda what do i know !

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way of looking at it is that you should be flattered that people think you are interesting enough to want to look at your profile :teehee:

Not many want to look at my profile :-

Hey

You know you've "made it" when you have that many cyber-stalkers!!!

I understand that as a member of this board you have to accept all the ins and outs that come with this format of forum but......I BLOODY HATE SNOOPERS WHO SNIPE THRU PROFILES ANONYMOUSLY :angry:
Also how in one day namely yesterday(the quietest day of all on k9.. can a profile be viewd 3000 times ? Personally i think some people must be "pressing their own button" :eek: !

What is the point of a "profile view counter" ? Ive spoken to 3 members today who find it intimidating to wake up and sign-in to K9 to find people theyve never heard of sniffing thru their profiles, how peculiar that a brand new member who has registered that day should feel the need to check out somebodys profile rather than make a sensible post !

Infact....i feel theres a snooper looking at me now...."oh ive just came over a little queer !"..think id better lie down -_-
This count is all views not just one day :wacko: ...and it doesn't work clicking on your own profile - I've tried it!!!!! :teehee:

The people with the most counts are usually the people who are on here the most :)) ...and have conversations via their profile comments ;) ...most people get logged when they enter a profile :thumbsup: - unless of course they're anonymous- and we don't know who they are because.....they're anonymous (w00t)

I don't know why you feel threatened by it all John, just treat it as entertainment, another way to communicate on here...and have nothing on your profile that you would rather people didn't know...

It obviously is something that comes as part of the package when Nigel changed things over a few weeks back.

Another way of looking at it is that you should be flattered that people think you are interesting enough to want to look at your profile :teehee:

you have only been on the site for 4 months and have got 183 lookers. :D

I have been on site for 4 years and had only two. :(

I look up members who dont seem to have posted for some time, it gives their last login date.

This count is all views not just one day :wacko: ...and it doesn't work clicking on your own profile - I've tried it!!!!! :teehee:

The people with the most counts are usually the people who are on here the most :)) ...and have conversations via their profile comments ;) ...most people get logged when they enter a profile :thumbsup: - unless of course they're anonymous- and we don't know who they are because.....they're anonymous (w00t)

I don't know why you feel threatened by it all John, just treat it as entertainment, another way to communicate on here...and have nothing on your profile that you would rather people didn't know...

It obviously is something that comes as part of the package when Nigel changed things over a few weeks back.
firstly..i know it comes with the package as i stated it on my first line. secondly i havent said im threatened..i asked why you need a counter... thirdly..i know one person whos count was 1600 approx, then by the evening it was bumped by 4000 approx. they asked how on earth 4000 more views could happen in one day ! Fourthly.. sorry i even bothered asking a simple question :wacko:

At least you got more than one reply ;)

When I asked a simple lurcher question I only got one reply :(

you have only been on the site for 4 months and have got 183 lookers. :D

I have been on site for 4 years and had only two. :(

I look up members who dont seem to have posted for some time, it gives their last login date.

Now you have got three :D

Most have my views have been by the same people :D

:b I dont even know where to look at my own profile views never mind anyone elses :lol: :wacko: someone enlighten me or Ill feel left out :b

:b I dont even know where to look at my own profile views never mind anyone elses :lol: :wacko: someone enlighten me or Ill feel left out :b

Just click on your name - or your "victim's" name! :thumbsup:

The profile views are down the left hand side :lol:

Must have been that really handsome photo John of you and the Painted one....

they just had to see the rest first hand too... :)) o:) :thumbsup:

Hey Stormy, i have to say its come to my attention too that you get some folk who really obviously have nothing better to do than try & think of ways to irritate others & if by keep bobbing in & out of peoples profiles they think they are winding them up, then i can only imagine what a sad life they must lead :wacko:

Do what i do mate, watch them bobbing in & out & laugh :p

Some poor folk deserve our pity not our anger ;)

I think some people go on profiles by mistake too :unsure:

You don't have to go into a profile to send a message or view a member's posts or topics etc.

Just hold the cursor over their name and a "down arrow" will appear, if you left click on this you will get a list of options to choose from without going onto their profile page :thumbsup:

Hey Stormy, i have to say its come to my attention too that you get some folk who really obviously have nothing better to do than try & think of ways to irritate others & if by keep bobbing in & out of peoples profiles they think they are winding them up, then i can only imagine what a sad life they must lead :wacko:
Do what i do mate, watch them bobbing in & out & laugh :p

Some poor folk deserve our pity not our anger ;)

Mmmmm sounds like good advice to me :thumbsup:

Surely though isnt that what profiles are for...to be looked at

why else have them???

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back