The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

R.i.p. Batley

J.T.

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
On Monday morning my lovely litle cat Batley was killed in the park at the back of our house. He was mooching around as usual and was caught by 2 lurchers. Even worse is that they belong to a friend of mine who I walk with once a week. The poor little cat never had a chance. My friend is so upset, it took him hours to phone me & tell me what happened. Batley is now at rest in the garden. I can't blame anyone for what happened, it was just wrong place at the wrong time but I'm so sad. :(

Oh thats such a tragedy JT, you must be heart broken,I'm so sorry for your loss :(

RIP Batley

Last edited by a moderator:
aww im so sorry that is very sad :( hope your ok soon xxx

RIP Bately, what an awful story :(

What a dreadful shame :( :( - he looked a gorgeous cat :wub: - so very sorry for your loss. :huggles:

You've brought tears to my eyes....so sorry for Batley and for you.

Rest peacefully little one.

[SIZE=14pt] :( RIP little Batley...[/SIZE]

what a sad story.

:(

oh. how awful. awful for you, and for your friend too. I'm so sorry. A gorgeous photo. Batley was a super looking cat. How old was s/he?

:( R i'm so sorry Julie to hear about your poor cat what a sad story, no wonder your friend found it hard to tell you, what an awful thing to be responsible for causing, good on her for being truthful though :(

kitty said:
:(
oh. how awful. awful for you, and for your friend too. I'm so sorry.  A gorgeous photo. Batley was a super looking cat. How old was s/he?

Thanks for everyones nice thoughts, I'm a bit calmer now and have managed a whole day without crying. Batley was only 2 and such a character. His favourite place was in a radiator hammock for cats which was in the kitchen. We buried him in it cos he loved lying in it. Now there is a big empty space where it should be :(

Walked the dogs with my friend this morning, he is still so upset but I made him show me where it happened & we are going to plant some daffodil bulbs there.

Now I'm going to cry again :(

Planting the daff bulbs is a really nice idea. Daff's are a bit like being reborn every spring aren't they. Such a harbinger of warmth and life.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back