The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"rac" Or "aa"......dunno Who To Go With ?

stormydog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was very luck last year in almost 4000 miles i covered in England and Scotland i had no trouble at all with my Peugeot estate...this year i dont want to take the same risks again so ive decided to get UK Nationwide Breakdown Cover.

Both well known names come in at the same price...who do i chose ? :wacko:

All advice appreciated :thumbsup:

john....with the "running ok dogmobile" but ya just dont know do ya ?

Hi Stormydog

I am now with the RAC but only because I saved up all my Tesco vouchers over the year to get the best cover - i.e. home start, relay etc.

Touch wood I haven't had to use it yet!

I'm with the RAC,found them cheaper & a much better service than the AA :thumbsup:

I'm with the AA, only because if you have dogs they put your car/van on a trailer if you need towing, and because our friends son is the south of the m25 bloke xxx

Hey Stormster ...........................No real advice, we are with the AA, but just make sure whomever you use, they are THE BEST :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :- :- Only the very best for THAT Peugeot .

:thumbsup: RAC for me, when i broke down last year just off the M25 with a van full of dogs they got to me within 30 minutes, and even a lorry arrived incase it could,nt be fixed :blink: luck for us the RAC man fixed an on going problem with the van, something was shorting out and preventing the diesel from getting into the engine.....never used the AA myself ;)

HI, I have been with the AA since 1987, they are the best. They have rescued me when I have broken down promptly, very polite patrol men and they really do their best to get you going. The dogs have never been a problem either which is why I stay with them.

It's up to you though, good luck. :)

Green Flag for me :thumbsup:

HI, I have been with the AA since 1987, they are the best. They have rescued me when I have broken down promptly, very polite patrol men and they really do their best to get you going. The dogs have never been a problem either which is why I stay with them.
It's up to you though, good luck. :)
good point Anne about the dogs, you need to check John about if your recoverd due to a breakdown, how you stand with the dogs in the car.

i did ask the RAC as there is no point coming to collect me if our dogs are going to be a problem...they said as long as they are secure (in a cage) then there would be no problem :thumbsup:

Last edited:
We used to be with RAC but cancelled it when our car broke down on the way to Wales towing a caravan with a GSD in the back of the car. The car had to go on a tow truck and they said the dog would have to stay in the car not in the tow truck. The temperature was over 30 degrees . Fortunaly the in laws were also going that way and took the dog with them. I'm not sure who we are with now but I got it with our bank account.

I'm with the AA and have had to be 'rescued' numerous times over the years. I almost always have had the kids and the dogs with me and it has never been a problem. The one time the car did have to be taken to a garage the AA man gave me a lift home, with the kids and dogs in his van :thumbsup:

im with the AA last time i broke down they picked me and the dogs up took us home gave me a back massage, cooked my tea, ran me a bath and turned down my bed great service :thumbsup:

I was very luck last year in almost 4000 miles i covered in England and Scotland i had no trouble at all with my Peugeot estate...this year i dont want to take the same risks again so ive decided to get UK Nationwide Breakdown Cover.Both well known names come in at the same price...who do i chose ? :wacko:

Hi

Have to say support the RAC cos I work for em, if you go for personal cover then you are covered in any Vehicle that you are a passenger or you drive cover anything from scooter to transit

If you go for the onward travel option if you are taken ill on one of your jaunts they will get a replacement driver for you

P.S. I drive a peugeot aslo with RAC cover :cheers:

Heather

Last edited by a moderator:
Mum's been with the RAC for 20 years, in 2004 our car was written off in an accident on the way to racing. The car was taken on the back of a pick-up, the driver drove us and the dogs (complete with Blaze in a bandage) home and within minutes the RAC Legal department were on the phone, we gave them our insurance details, they were in touch with the police in a flash to get the other guys details and sorted all the legal stuff, arranged medicals for injuries, even offered to send a driver out to take us straight to the hospital, they arranged a hire car with all expense going to the other party. Made things so much less stressful, and the bonus ? Legal cover is as standard :sweating: , when Mum's car was hit going to work 12 months ago a van came out, made running repairs to the car, followed Mum all the way home, the guy offered to take her to the hospital and within half an hour the RAC phoned up to see what they could do for us/ask if we wanted them to deal with the insurance etc./hire car etc etc etc.

Needless to say my first port of call after passing my test was the RAC website to become a member :thumbsup:

I was very luck last year in almost 4000 miles i covered in England and Scotland i had no trouble at all with my Peugeot estate...this year i dont want to take the same risks again so ive decided to get UK Nationwide Breakdown Cover.Both well known names come in at the same price...who do i chose ? :wacko:

Hi

Have to say support the RAC cos I work for em, if you go for personal cover then you are covered in any Vehicle that you are a passenger or you drive cover anything from scooter to transit

If you go for the onward travel option if you are taken ill on one of your jaunts they will get a replacement driver for you

Heather

mmmmmmm.......staff ya tells me...so theres k9 discount ? :- somebody has mentioned about having dogs in the car should you break-down.....whats the rac view on that ? i dont cage mine simply because i dont need to, what happens to my pointy-faced people should i come to a halt ?

john.....with the dogs looking thru cage catalogues

We are with the RAC and we had to call them out last year when we went to collect Ben... they were brill and so helpful :thumbsup:

Hi

Heather

mmmmmmm.......staff ya tells me...so theres k9 discount ? :- somebody has mentioned about having dogs in the car should you break-down.....whats the rac view on that ? i dont cage mine simply because i dont need to, what happens to my pointy-faced people should i come to a halt ?

john.....with the dogs looking thru cage catalogues
John it was quite a few years ago now and they may have changed their rules but they would not let my GSD go into the tow truck if he had had to stay in the car all the way to Wales he would have been dead from heat exhaustion by the time we got there

Just checked with the "Boys" (200 up to now not bad for my first survey !), its up to the driver whether they go in the cab or not, but cant see that theres a problem, just ask the operater you speak to before you join

K9 Discount whats that ? ? ? might charge you more !

Heather

Cripes its "half-a-dozen of one" and "6 of another" it seems......i think its down to a toss of a coin or else which ever company has lady drivers :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back