The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

RACING NAMES

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ballajura? I was thinking scottish connection there for a minute-Jura...

Geography isn't my strong point :(

We've raced with your Atlanta haven't we?

Karen

Vicky - Roddy is out of Cracked It and Tony's Gift, my dad thinks he will make bigger than Skye (Atlanta) who is 26lb (27lb after Christmas). Cracked it is 22lb and Tony's Gift is apparently 28lb so the odds are that he will be slighlty smaller than 26lb but there ain't no counting on that calculation lol. He is 17lb now and just 3 and a half months old. Just have to see! We had him to Aycliffe the other week and most people say he's gonna be a monster! He is really cute though!

Karen - Yeah Atlanta has raced against Fluke before, she is Black and White and looks alot like Midnight Run. Thats how i can tell if Skye is running well, if she can keep within 3-4 yards behind Fluke she is doing really well in my eyes lol! :D

Hi Debby

I'm a showie but just jumped in on this thread cause I love picking names for dogs!

How about "Blitzed It" or "Blitzen" ("Lightening" in German)

Other ideas -

Blaster's Blitz

Phar Lap (who of course was a famous Australian Racehorse [but a stayer not a sprinter] and his name apparently meant Lightening -although I'm not sure in what language)

I'll see if I can think of any others later on...

just thought id bump this topic up so we can c where any new names have came from?

sun prince out of sun princess was going to call him primera as he was born in my car on the way to the vets

Lacey lastic was a spare of the moment thing when vicky asked me her race name the first time she ran at A&T miners

Hellish came with her name picked by Ricky

Indy would have been if she had raced pinkgalaxticgargelblaster. I let Tony pick it wont be doing that again :lol:

Picaninny was picked by my sister as she remained her of a lovely picaninny doll she had when she was little.

Forrest I hope is going to be Forrest Gump becoues hes a bit thick and had funny little toes when he was born and above all Tony and Alex want to shout Run Forrest Run at raceing lol

Darceys got a few names in the pipeline we havent decied definatly yet what we want for her

i picked,,( geordie,s worst nightmare ) as my brother who race,s name,, is geordie

but now and again i do get the odd comment from people wondering if i named him that,, to have a go at the geordie,s (newcastle) :- " :- "

there was momments when i wished i named him (my worst nightmare) :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our newest (Paddy) got his pet name cos we already have Max (w00t) hope fully Paddys racing name will be Paddys Revenge cos he looks like he is plotting it :D

i gave cheeko his name because he was cheeky when he was a pup and his racing name azuro punto was because of the blue spot on his back

i gave joelee his name joe was after my husband and lee is the first three letters of my surname and mousetrap was because his father was micky mouse and they come out of traps when racing :D

The three dogs we have running at the moment 2 from just friends x biddy 1 was big and black so we called her Snow White . The other was just as big but white with a black ear but she was a bit insane when a pup so George called her Insane Jane and it just stuck so we used it as a racing name.

Our third is Cracked it X Tanglewood and her pet name is rogue but because her and her brother were born with coats like bears the name Rogi Bear stuck with her

Thank god they cant complain

Val

i chose fly frees name because she was out of nott free and her mother was a greyhound bitch who ran under the name fly trap my next dog was mimic who i bred from fly free and micks mystery just because she was the double of fly free just alittle bit smaller and my latest dog kcj because i have 3 sons kieran callum and josh who all love going whippet racing ive another pup off decca a little blue bitch you ll after watch this space lol :)

Our first dog was called Blacksmith, because every time he did something wrong he'd make a BOLT FOR THE DOOR. :clown: lame the Grouse. Les.

debbie how about master race like all of us men :- " :thumbsup: :p

Our Danny got his name,(OUR DANNYBOY),as that was what i was singin when i phoned Gary and offered to take him off his hands.Reni got her name from her mum n dad,as her mum is Killeacle Reni,and her dad Magical Dream.Therefore,Magical Reni,sounded quite the ticket for her.My Trouble bitch started life as Charmed,for some reason to do with a Tey program.But as time went by,she was into everything,and destroyed whatever she could get at,and caused nothing but her namesake.At 2 years of age,she's still causing it.Won't go into the rest of the dogs. :sweating: Thank God,say's you. ...Billy...

MY FITST DOG IN THE LATE SEVENTIES WAS CALLED GOLD LEAF BECAUSA IGOT HIM AT MEASHAM CHAMPIONSHIPS AND ALL HE WANTED TP PLAY WITH WAS AN EMPTY GOLD FEAF PACKET . HE STARTED QUITE A FAD COS I THEN HAD FLY LEAF ZIGGYS LEAF ,COUNTRY LEAF.DOC LEAF ANDNEW LEAF. I WANTED T LEAF BUT THAT HAD ALREADY GONE,

our ebby real name ebony because she is black ! :)

Alva Starr-because she's an absolute beauty with model looks-just like Alva Starr in an old film.......'This Property is Condemned'

Our Man Flint-'might as well be bloody condemned'.............after the gorgeous :wub: James Coburn

Waterford.....another beauty-stunner.............named after the crystal glass that Steve collects.

Annie Hough...............My nana's name! a beauty in her own right :wub: and a fierce bingo player.

Think I've done the rest in a past life-lol

Oh and Shannon.........................Just cos she is. :blink:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back