The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Raised Feeding Bowls??

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Julie D said:
louisetope said:
I use raised bowls, but because I'm a cheap-skate, I don't buy the real thing. 
I use small buckets from our local hardware place, about 99p each, unclip the handle and the stainless steel dishes fit inside perfectly  :))

Plus, I've got several handy small buckets around the house too  :thumbsup:

Louise

omg ! what pet do you have ? a horse, look at the size of that bowl....or is it for more than one :D

I'm used to having a fussy eater who NEVER clears her bowl :- "

[SIZE=14pt]DON'T PANIC[/SIZE] (w00t) As I said, they are small buckets - about 8 inches high. The dogs eat from 8 inch diameter stainless steel dishes :thumbsup:

We too have raised bowls and have done for years...I (like others have stated) just think it is easier on the dogs not to have to stretch down to eat and I must admit my lot now wont eat unless their bowls are raised. :)

Flowerpot said:
Miss Hely...YES...go and fetch a bucket and do what Hilary`s hounds do..That is a very good idea.I have designer ones and they were quite pricey at the time !
When I adopted my first Greyhound years ago, The lady from RGT told me about raised feeding aiding the digestion and helping to prevent bloat so I have always done this with any long legged dogs. Even my little mongrel Topsy has a raised bowl. She is small but with long legs :wub:

We expect pictures !! :- "

ok Mrs flowerpot, i will go to the shop and buy one, but im afraid i wont be doing the bucket thing :- " its a proper one or nothing for queen gypsy (w00t)

Took some pics last night so you can see what we do. :)

Niamh & Daisy sharing the expensive designer jobby (I got it on sale! :thumbsup: ) which doubles as a water bowl in the hall during the day:

niamhdaisyeating17012008.jpg

The girls next to Logan with his bucket:

niamhdaisyloganeating17012008.jpg

Wider view including Albie:

niamhdaisyloganalbieeating17012008.jpg

Albie and his bargain bucket:

albieeating17012008.jpg

Freddie & Claire with their "proper" inexpensive stands:

freddieclaireeating17012008.jpg

freddieeating17012008.jpg

claireeating17012008.jpg

Claire drinking from the designer jobby in the hall:

clairedrinking17012008.jpg

The big dishes are 11" (w00t) & fat Albie's dinner looks pitiful in his! :lol: Fits the buckets though. :thumbsup:

Hilary it was good to see your lot feeding together.. :huggles: :wub: Im just trying to imagine feeding double the dogs.. :lol: :blink: :wacko:

I always used raised bowl for my Borzois and Danes. I do not use them for the Whippets because I use bid heavy ceramic bowls for their water, and also mostly breakable bowl for their food. I am concerned that they would cut themselves if they knocked the stand over and the bowl would break on the ceramic kitchen floor. :) But i think raised bowls are very good idea, I might try to work out something safe to elevate my girls dishes.

Thanks to all of you for responding. :thumbsup: I think I'll invest in some, It does look a lot more comfortable for them. Ruby has slowed her eating down by me putting a couple of balls in her bowl. Hilary, I loved the pics of all your lot It must be manic at feeding time!! (w00t)

Heres a picture of Oscar using his... (from Argos)

post_2031_1112197652.jpg

bird said:
Thanks to all of you for responding. :thumbsup:   I think I'll invest in some, It does look a lot more comfortable for them. Ruby has slowed her eating down by me putting a couple of balls in her bowl. Hilary, I loved the pics of all your lot It must be manic at feeding time!! (w00t)
I'm glad the balls worked to slow her down a little in eating! She must wonder what's going on though :lol:

If I feed Bluebell up in the air how will her short-legged friend Daisy (Tibetan Spaniel) share her food?!? They share everything :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back