The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Reasons Not To Ingore That Dog Bite

Tesa

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
AS my Oh was trying to lift our poor old dying Max last week, he got bitten. Poor old Max it wasn't his fault, he was just in so much pain. OH's hand immediatley came up in a lump about the size of an egg yolk. This lump disappeared with in the hour. His hand however did stay a little swollen. Other than that it wasn't bothering him, until Friday. It started throbbing in the morning and got worse as the day wore on. In the end, he decided to pop into our local hospital to see if the could give hime something. They did. A bed for the weekend :eek: He was operated on Saturday morning. All is well, but he was told he was very lucky he sort help when he did. It had become infected internally, and was on the verge of turning nasty.

So remember if you get bitten, it may seem like nothing, but please don't ignore it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no (w00t) Get well soon your OH :huggles: :luck: :luck:

Max has well and truly left his mark :huggles:

thats terrible :( ...hope he gets better soon :luck:

i was bitten many times by many kinds of pets when i was at the vets...i used to wash them out with hibiscrub and never once had a problem :thumbsup: ....however when i worked at a kennels on a saturday when i was still at school i was bitten through both sides of my hand by a great dane and the owners of the kennel did nothing...needless to say i ended up in hospital :b

So sorry about your OH Karen, :( hope he gets Well soon. :luck: :huggles:

GOOD ADVICE THERE ! :thumbsup: I THINK THE INFECTION ID DOWN TO THE BACTERIA THAT HAS FORMED ON THE DOGS TEETH BEING TRANSFERRED TO THE WOUND :x MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT EVERY ONE OF OUR DARLING LITTLE MUTLEYS HAS THEM IN ABUNDANCE. UNLESS YOUR DOG WASHES HIS MOUTH 2 TIMES A DAY AND RINSES WELL WITH A MOUTH-WASH BEWARE ! :eek:

JOHN ;)

:luck: Speedy recovery Brian! :luck:

Yes, I have also learned the hard way not to ignore animal bites and also to keep my tetanus up to date.

Anyway, on brighter note, how many more sleeps till Phoebe's arrival?

Seraphina said:
:luck: Speedy recovery Brian! :luck:
Yes, I have also learned the hard way not to ignore animal bites and also to keep my tetanus up to date.

Anyway, on brighter note, how many more sleeps till Phoebe's arrival?

I think we are looking at around the 1st of May Lida

Its not just dogs mouths..for any of you who *enjoy* a good punch up, human mouths carry far more bacteria. My nephew once punched someone in the mouth and the teeth broke his skin, he ended up with a severe infection that went right up his arm, it took months to clear properly. (serves him right IMO)

It's just over 3 weeks since my first post. OH has had a second lot of surgery. He has had the stitches removed today, and has been given the all clear. His hand is still quite swollen and he can't bend his index finger. The bad news is that he was told it would take a good 6 months before the swelling completely dissapears and he regains full flexability of his finger :oops:

We have trouble believing that all of this came from the dog bite. It seems to us more likely that the bite created the open wound and OH continued to work as normal and possibly picked up the infection while sticking his hands into something yucky while working.

So please people, especially you tough fellas, have your wounds checked and keep them clean.

suzeanna said:
Its not just dogs mouths..for any of you who *enjoy* a good punch up, human mouths carry far more bacteria.  My nephew once punched someone in the mouth and the teeth broke his skin, he ended up with a severe infection that went right up his arm, it took months to clear properly. (serves him right IMO)
hahah similar happened to me a while back..in belfast. fight broke out and a guy went for me.. o:) ....my hands were elsewhere and i couldnt get a swing back at him so as his fist came towards my face and made contact... i locked onto his fist like a pit-bull :- " i even shook him (w00t) (w00t)

worst bit was when the police arrived they advised him to get a tetanus :oops:

:rant: :rant: ...im not sure, was that an insult ??

j o:) h n

Good advice from the officer i'd say :- "

What I want to know is where were your hands (w00t)

get well soon to your OH Tesa :luck: :luck: :luck:

HAHA (w00t) (w00t) WELL I CANT TELL YOU WHERE MY HANDS WERE BEFORE THE FIGHTING/BITING :- " BUT AFTERWARDS THEY WERE IN A SET OF PLASTIC CABLE TIES :eek: :eek: !!

J :oops: H N o:)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back