The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Recieved A Letter This Morning

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I got a letter this morning from HM Revenue and Customs this morning telling me that mine and my daughters personal details have been lost...somewhere.

My full name, address, date of birth, NI number and full bank details and my daughters full name, address and date of birth.

But its ok I should still get my child benefit paid into the bank...oh and not to worry as the bank is aware that all my details are out there somewhere and they know to watch out for anything unusual.

Oh and if someone does do anything fraudulant I won't have to pay any charges...

Its all well and good saying they send their appologies but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

We got one too.They say your child benifit payments will continue, like were arsed about that.I We now know someone has our childerns details and at the moment they are too young to apply for a morgage etc,but in years to come how will it effect them :rant: :rant: Im not sure of a way around it and dont think anyone else is but what a mess we are in :rant: :rant:

Exactly...and what worries me is what if someone (pervert) gets theirs hands on the details...how many kids could be at risk??

Got the same letter :angry: but a copy of the data is likely to still be on Government property. so they say.

Deirdre :)

Bluebell said:
Got the same letter  :angry:   but a copy of the data is likely to still be on Government property. so they say.
Deirdre  :)

(w00t) how likely is that?

Thats just cover their backsides.

I GOT ONE TOO THIS MORNING , SO NOT HAPPY :rant:

AS YOU SAY , ALL OUR CHILDRENS DETAILS ARE ON THERE :rant:

s..t happens.it was a copy kpmg had them.

Last edited by a moderator:
controversial said:
S**t might happen but when it comes to something like this, then it needs addressing...your kids might be adults now but not eveyone else's are.

oh flippen eck, wonder if i will get one.........very worrying isnt it

i havent had one yet either hely, yes it is worring isnt it :(

my mum and dad havent got one.. yet but i dont understand. have strangers got peoples details. theres and childs!? if so does that mean people can hack into your bank accoutn and people can stalk you? :S :S

jade x

Bottom line is nobody knows where these details are. I got a letter this morning too! Hells Bells government departments are meant to be safe, they ask for some fairly intimate details of your life then they bloody lose them!!! They have intimate details of my health issues (I get disability living allowance), details of my children etc. It is too scary to contemplate.

We got the same letter. No they dont know where the details are, but there have been pointers in the papers and TV as to what to do to safeguard your bank accounts etc. They say there is no panic yet... :thumbsup:

Its quite local to us where, the headquarters where the police are checking, and the have now moved to a parcel carrier TNT...the firm used to carry the details.

well got my letter this morning not a happy :rant: :rant: person at the moment carn understand how this can happen :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

got mine too :rant: i just worry what implications this will have for how many years???? :rant:

I just spoke to them on the phone, and it affects anyone who was claiming the benefit on 30th September 2007 :rant:

So if you award notice includes this date to present date you are affected. :rant:

I haven't received mine yet but the woman on the phone said i should expect one.

Last edited by a moderator:
hellybobs said:
controversial said:
S**t might happen but when it comes to something like this, then it needs addressing...your kids might be adults now but not eveyone else's are.

Exactley Helen, in this day and age it is ridiculous that something as important as that was sent through the post in the first place. :angry:

We try to protect our identity and then some gives it away on a plate :rant:

Got my letter yesterday :(

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back