The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Recommend A Book

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm loving "The Surgeon" girls, but wanted to say, I found Copycat by Gillian White a really good read. I don't tend to buy books, just get them from the library generally, and I can say this is a good borrow. Easy reading, psychological thriller, set in leafy suburban Britain :thumbsup: You can imagine it happening, ever had a clingy friend?

I have just read The Historian it was really quite boring, I thought it was going to be more about Vlad the Impaler and his wicked deeds as well as an update on Bram Stokers Dracula (also boring). Richard and Judy fibbed when they said it was spine chilling. It doesnt deserve to go with my vamp collection.

Not a good advert I know but if your interested in reading it PM me.

I am now reading 'Bloodsucking Fiends' and its a hoot

For a really vile book try Poppy Brites 'Exsquisite Corpse' its really nasty

So on reflection The Historian might not be bad just too intelligent for me, I'll stick to pulp fiction.

Wow wow wow...............Just finished The Surgeon, been reading it in bed this morning for 3 hours....bliss. Highly recommended, not a literary work of art, but a bloody good read :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nearly finished The Apprentice! I was reading it at 5 am this morning! What have you started Jacquie? I have now located the The Sinner at the library and booked it ready, already have Body Double so will need to renew it...................Now Mother has got The Sinner and she will be addicted too. I am going to be so depressed when I have finished the whole series :blink:

Joanna said:
Nearly finished The Apprentice! I was reading it at 5 am this morning! What have you started Jacquie? I have now located the The Sinner at the library and booked it ready, already have Body Double so will need to renew it...................Now Mother has got The Sinner and she will be addicted too. I am going to be so depressed when I have finished the whole series :blink:

Well that's an opportunity to start them again from the beginning. I have just got Vanish to read but I am currently reading the new Kathy Reichs which I am struggling with at the moment.

I'm currently reading Blood and Gold along with The mummy both by Anne Rice and I started Tess Gerritson's body double last night. I keep leaving books at boyfriends then have to start another one! :wacko:

whippetsrus said:
Joanna said:

Well that's an opportunity to start them again from the beginning. I have just got Vanish to read but I am currently reading the new Kathy Reichs which I am struggling with at the moment.

I never read a book twice (w00t) I like Kathy Reichs, is it just a slow starter?

I'm currently reading Blood and Gold along with The mummy both by Anne Rice and I started Tess Gerritson's body double last night. I keep leaving books at boyfriends then have to start another one!

I can't read more than one at a time, I'm catching up with you Jac, off to get The Sinner this morning as I finished The Apprentice. Heidi, you must read those two :thumbsup:

Yep me please. :thumbsup: Are you going to South Cots tomorrow night?

BeeJay said:
Yep me please.  :thumbsup: Are you going to South Cots tomorrow night?

Its yours then Barbara, yes I am going to South Cots tomorrow night with my little Mozza, will put it in the van now so I dont forget or the boy eats it :thumbsup:

I never read a book twice (w00t) I like Kathy Reichs, is it just a slow starter?

I always seem to struggle with Kathy Reichs. The only one I have managed to complete and actually enjoy was Fatal Voyage. I 'm afraid this time I fell foul of a reservation at the library so had to return it.

I am just about to start the new Karin Slaughter.

Just finished "The Sinner", this author has yet to disappoint me. I like the way she weaves in and out of the crime team characters. This book is about the murder of two nuns, but it also involves a few more grisly homicides which are seemingly unrelated. Maura Isles, the forensic pathologist is the central character in this story, but Jane Rizzoli is still featured. 8/10, loved it, off to start The Body Double later (when I have done some-thing useful, like the hoovering or dog walking :- " . The next in the series is Vanish which I have reserved at the library (am I getting obsessed?) and then on 12th Sept the latest book "The Mephisto Club" is out :thumbsup:

Do read the books if you like a gory thriller, they are really enjoyable and were a great recommendation from Wild Whippies :thumbsup: :D

whippetsrus said:

I always seem to struggle with Kathy Reichs.  The only one I have managed to complete and actually enjoy was Fatal Voyage.  I 'm afraid this time I fell foul of a reservation at the library so had to return it.

Is this Faithless?

BeeJay said:
whippetsrus said:

I always seem to struggle with Kathy Reichs.  The only one I have managed to complete and actually enjoy was Fatal Voyage.  I 'm afraid this time I fell foul of a reservation at the library so had to return it.

Is this Faithless?

No Triptych. Its set in Grant County but a new stand alone series.

OH purchased 'Marley & Me' for my birthday. It's a true story about the life of a labrador and the development of the family he lives with. Very well written and hilarious in parts but devastating when he gets to the end of his life :(

I'm now reading 'The Smoke Jumper' by Nicholas Evans I've enjoyed the Horse Whisperer and the Loop before this - missing a few bits of the first few pages as Lucas started it before me - he seems to have 'digested' it very well (w00t) - cant do a synopsis as the cover is missing too :oops: :lol:

whippetsrus said:
BeeJay said:
whippetsrus said:

Is this Faithless?

I am pleased to have just found a couple of Karin Slaughter books in the charity shop. I have bought the first in the Grand County series, Blindsighted and the 3rd, A Faint Cold Fear. I was also lucky enough to get Mo Hayder's Birdman and another author, similar genre Harlen Coben's The Innocent. All these for £3.20 :thumbsup: I did well today ;)

I have just found this site which is really useful for seeing the order of books in a series and as a suggestion for other authors.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

If you click on the alphabet letter of the surname, and find the author you want, it will take you to their works, order and categorise into series or stand alone. Brilliant if you pick one up in a charity shop and aren't sure wether to start reading it or put it aside until you have read the earlier books in the series..........I'm wittering now :blink:

whippetsrus said:
BeeJay said:
whippetsrus said:

Is this Faithless?

Can you let me know what it's like. I got rather irritated by the relationship stuff in Faithless. Also is it me or have a lot of these 'crime' writers got obssessed with burying people alive.

Just finished Nicci French Catch Me When I Fall which I found like all their books to be hardish to get into but worth it in the end. Actually I liked this one a lot.

Just finished Body Double at 2am this morning (w00t)

Very readable. I am waiting for Vanish to be reserved at the library so think I might try Karin Slaughter in the mean time :thumbsup:

LOL Joanna I was going to post that I was midway through reading bodydouble and it's brilliant so far!

Mo Hayder will knock the socks off you! :thumbsup:

Rae thanks for posting about Marley and me, I was tempted to buy it but suspected there may be a sad ending. I'm crap with Lassie so duno if I could hack it! :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back