The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Red Ranger X Connor's Lass

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
PMSL with Tony's recent experiences he might want to edit that post! (w00t)

Chris & Rob's pups are beauties, I need to bring the topic back up as I've got photos to add from Scotland. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
thats conner ranger had his operation elise,hopfully have him back running over the winter to get his fittness back

vet told me bring him in at 9am and pick him up at 4pm,,,wife got a phone call when i was at work, at 3pm you can pick him up now if you want, he,s doing our head in,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: wife told me he was quite noisey when she got there,and didnt have to wait,, they couldnt get him out fast enough :eek: :D

Hah Buddy what a wussy crying for his Mummy.

Mind I think if you'd have had the same op. Bob you'd be crying for yours too :- " .

Did the vet do just the one ?

yes just the one,,,,my young black dog looks like he might have the same problem :b

buddys not in pain,,,,he,s running about the house like it was nothing,,,very hardy is buddy,,,,,,,,,,,,,unlike me i think i would have been crying for days :lol:

Of course Buddy's hard, he's out of Solo and Kerri :wub: . If you could see this litter here you'd know just what a fiesty bunch this mating produces.

P.S I think I have one in this litter that could be bigger than him - and it's a GIRL (w00t) .

Vicky said:
I think this is one of them isn't it?  Taken this weekend at Ayr
Pup.jpg

Libbi in this 2nd litter is very similar to Buddy (Connor's Ranger) - am still trying to convince the family that we have to race her too rather than let her go to a pet home with Leo. I know she'd be loved to bits there but I think she'd turn out to show a pretty impressive turn of foot like her "big brother" Buddy. Hope a good racing home claims her soon. :(

Fleesh said:
Vicky said:
I think this is one of them isn't it?  Taken this weekend at Ayr
Pup.jpg

Libbi in this 2nd litter is very similar to Buddy (Connor's Ranger) - am still trying to convince the family that we have to race her too rather than let her go to a pet home with Leo. I know she'd be loved to bits there but I think she'd turn out to show a pretty impressive turn of foot like her "big brother" Buddy. Hope a good racing home claims her soon. :(

Hope someone realises their potential too fleesh. matt running well on bends....................spike, his son, now weighing 18lbs at about 15 weeks !!

fleesh

ur buddy is got an eating disorder,,,,,he,s even ate goldfish food,,,,,,,,which cost me a furtune cos 2day i got conned by my 5 year old for a new fish tank ( the works ) when i went to buy new food :lol:

he,s went from angel o:) ,,,to my worst nightmare, :devil: ,,eating through jacket pockets e.t.c

cant under stand it :blink: as he is getting double the food at momment,,,,,,( i think he needs to get back on track soon,, i think he is cracking up (w00t)

fleesh

ur buddy is got an eating disorder,,,,,he,s even ate goldfish food,,,,,,,,which cost me a furtune cos 2day i got conned by my 5 year old for a new fish tank ( the works ) when i went to buy new food :lol:

he,s went from angel o:) ,,,to my worst nightmare, :devil: ,,eating through jacket pockets e.t.c

cant under stand it :blink: as he is getting double the food at momment,,,,,,( i think he needs to get back on track soon,, i think he is cracking up (w00t)
It can't be his mothers influence, she's such a good girl :thumbsup: He must be itching for a good run around, we took ours out on Xmas Day and they ran wild, even having had no structured exercise Blaze was bouncing, leaping over ditches, bumps, twisting and turning I'd have thought she was about 2 years old not pushing six. Even Kerri at 7yrs old was enjoying herself. It was hilarious to watch Freya keeping up the chase with Jessica she's so determined and not so little Lucy certainly won't have a problem on the bends, she'll turn on a sixpence leaving poor Freya to make the big circle and play catch up.

well thats buddy won another jacket,,,,,so that makes 2 jackets & a trophy for his 1st year,,,which i quite chuffed with,,,,as suppose anyone that has a heavy weight when goes racing dont expect to win many prizes,,, 8) although its not as many as everyone else,,,iam quite pround of his wee wins :D

p.s fleesh can u post a pic off kerri,s toe on here so i can see it,,,,so when i go to vets with buddy,,,and it is my worst fear, i can sort make my mind up on injury,,, i.e my options :thumbsup:

pic of buddy latest prize

pic1-16.jpg

Well Done Buddy :D

Will get that picture up now Bob, I shouldn't worry too much, Kerri raced for four years after she had her ligament burst and apart from needing a tiny bit of strapping she never had any problems.

thanks elsie

iam worried,,,,,i feel so stupid ,,,cos it happened in june 2008,,,and i pulled him out the 1st weekend of the scottish 10days,,,and gave him one run at scottish derby,and withdrew him from con,s cos i dont like running any dog with blood coming out off toe,

but cos i didnt race him since july,,,,i didnt notice,,it was a problem ,,not until i started training him again to get him fitt ,it started opening again,,,i feel such a numpty,,,as i pride myself in my dog,s health and condtion

i am glad uve put picture,s up,,,as now i can show vet,,,if thats what he needs done ,,,and to keep it tight,,cos racer,s up here say,s theve had it done in past ,,,but unfurtanly vet has,nt done a good job ,,,,i,e it tends to flap about,,( but going by pic,s that looks tight fit to me,,,and a good option to take,,, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If the toe is taken from the second joint it can tend to flap as there would be a fair bit of flesh left after the bone was removed but if Buddy has done it on the first joint there is very little to be removed, the toe is cut open from the side and the nail joint removed then it's sewn back up. If you're not confident that the vets up there can do the right job for you then let me know, we can organise for him to make a trip down here to get it done. :thumbsup:

Fingers crossed for him, and don't feel so bad, many injuries can clear up simply by having a long rest and others are just hidden until the dog next exerts itself. I'm sure there are many racers out there that would have done exactly the same as you in the same situation, people only learn to spot injuries by experience of them.

Bobby seems quite content this morning :thumbsup:

We'd like to thank Debbie, Paul and Craig for taking such good care of him over the last few weeks, it's a shame things didn't work out for you.

Here he is, the lad that was stuck for over 3 hours when he was born, the one that I picked out of the litter of all dogs 2 years ago and wanted to keep, and now finally chilling out of the living room rug then off for his first walk with his Mum, half sisters and younger full sister :wub:

000_1207.jpg

This was the little terror at 4/5 weeks :wub:

Butter wouldn't melt -_-

for14.jpg

R.I.P Connor's Vendetta

Bobby was PTS yesterday after gettling loose and being hit by a car :(

Such a loving boy, we're going to miss him :wub:

I put seven feed bowls out this morning, think it's going to take some getting used to.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back