The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Regional Teams

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sadieandco said:
In my post i didnt specify either 'club' or 'regional' my thoughts were more open in making it just BWRA teams enabling small clubs/small regions getting together to make teams, therefore enabling as many people to join a team as possible.  i do realise this time round it made it so that some people were able to run who hadnt previously for a while but my point was it didnt really raise the event in as much as there were less competing than when it was club teams. Only two regions!I personally don't see the problem of anyone entering a team from mixed clubs/regions if all are registered with the BWRA and someone has taken the time to find dogs and put a full team forward.  :))  

If you enjoy racing and want some fun maybe opening up the competition could also be enjoyable too - and that way everyone who wanted to join a team would have that opportunity from whatever size club/region. That being my point not catering just for larger clubs and regions.  Lets face it E Mids are lucky they are in a strong position a  big region with lots of clubs whereas the likes of South Yorkshire have one club so either way club or regional teams will struggle to field a team  :D

Yes afew still miss out we were all talking about ways of getting round that one on sunday so all bwra dogs got a chance to race.

sadieandco said:
In my post i didnt specify either 'club' or 'regional' my thoughts were more open in making it just BWRA teams enabling small clubs/small regions getting together to make teams, therefore enabling as many people to join a team as possible.  i do realise this time round it made it so that some people were able to run who hadnt previously for a while but my point was it didnt really raise the event in as much as there were less competing than when it was club teams. Only two regions!I personally don't see the problem of anyone entering a team from mixed clubs/regions if all are registered with the BWRA and someone has taken the time to find dogs and put a full team forward.  :))  

If you enjoy racing and want some fun maybe opening up the competition could also be enjoyable too - and that way everyone who wanted to join a team would have that opportunity from whatever size club/region. That being my point not catering just for larger clubs and regions.  Lets face it E Mids are lucky they are in a strong position a  big region with lots of clubs whereas the likes of South Yorkshire have one club so either way club or regional teams will struggle to field a team  :D

i agree karen the only problem i could see is how would you pick a team everyone would want the best dogs in there team,

What i can not understand is if this regional teams was so unpopular how and why was it voted in favour of being adopted

i proposed it as we in the North West were never able to compete due to shortage of dogs and was amazed at the lack of interest shown ---by other regions

I think it must be a British thing ------not representing the region !---

its like football players who are only interested in the money side

not the representing their country and being proud too enough---payment

maybe it should be individual clubs ----

because if that was the best from the regions on Sunday i for one would not travel 300 miles next year even though we had a great day .

steve

i for one wonder how many regional teams would have entered if it was on the bends this year, i heard alot of people were trialing for the bends with the bend season nearly upon us, next year if the team event is on the bends we will see more teams involved,saying that it was a very good day had by our regions members all having a good laugh together, like karen and steve said its about taking part not winning :D

sorry this is mark forgot to log in lol :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! Got poor internet access at the mo, Virgin's going to get bi**h slapped tonight.

Still got some of Wessy's to post yet.

I agree with Mark,think people are getting ready for the bends.Must admit this was my first time attending a regions event and was dissapointed to see only 2 regions represented :( Maybe it is a good idea to hold this event on the bends next year if it is always held about the same time :D and as for smaller regions joining together,great. :thumbsup: If this means more people will be able to take part then thats good news :thumbsup: The more the merrier :D Karen

Hi all its Sadie gotta say i dont usually reply on here its usually mum but i thought id reply to this!!

I myself think that the teams should be bwra regional club teams meaning the clubs that have enough dogs can enter their own teams but the clubs who cannot make a full team can join with other clubs in their region to make a team!!

i think this could possibly boost the teams event!

for example i know that manton could have had 2 teams this year and im sure that old hall could have had a couple of teams with there members (as they have in the past)

but the likes of blidworth and north notts havent got enough so they could join together meaning they had a team to enter too this being 5 teams just in our region at least!!

and other regions could do the same!!!

then we make more teams but are still sticking to regions and being proud to run for our region!!!

Not a bad idea Sadie but still wouldnt help smallest regions like S Yorkshire who only have one club so who can they join if you have to stay within your own region ?? :D

Karen (haha we do talk at home but im busy at work again as you can see just had time to reply to this one :- " we can carry on with debate when i get home :) )

haha Well thats stumped me haha the ones like that will either have to recruit more members or join someone else haha

or they could possibly make a team with what they have got then when they get to the field where its being held and use the spare dogs to make a full team!!! the dogs in the spares could mean just that spares to replace dogs that 1 dont turn up 2 to help out the clubs who have empty spaces etc

Again a good enough answer but then they would have dogs out of region anyway so might as well just have 'open teams' like i said originally if someone from a club is willing to get a team together then good on them and would it really matter from what club or region if full teams and chance for everyone :D

Still run off my feet at work :eek: ;)

but mum what people are saying is that they think it should be a region thing so you can be proud of where you are from etc!!!

so i think that the spare dogs would have to be in that region for the day the spare dogs would be open for any region at least then there in a team i thinks its a good idea anyway dunno what every body else will think but o well thats what id do !!

Or just be proud to run in a team and not be missed out :) Ok on my way home now will settle this at home :- " :lol:

if a region has not got enough dogs then the spare dogs should make up the shortfall and be proud to help out another region just for the day

surely thats what we are all about or should be--there to enjoy the day---

steve

I'm sure it might have been better supported if it had been on the bends this year considering the date it was run on, being run on the straight I think it would have been better at an earlier date

weathergirls said:
I'm sure it might have been better supported if it had been on the bends  this year considering the date it was run on, being run on the straight I think it would have been better at an earlier date
BUT SAYING THAT LINDA THERE IS A LOT OF DOGS THAT DO NOT DO BENDS SO MIGHT OF BEEN EVEN LESS THERE (MAYBE)

THECAP said:
weathergirls said:
I'm sure it might have been better supported if it had been on the bends  this year considering the date it was run on, being run on the straight I think it would have been better at an earlier date
BUT SAYING THAT LINDA THERE IS A LOT OF DOGS THAT DO NOT DO BENDS SO MIGHT OF BEEN EVEN LESS THERE (MAYBE)

maybe but there are even more dogs that do both so if they alternate from bends to straight each year it may be fairer we won't know till we try

Maybe it would be fun to run the teams bends and straights but if a region hasnt got enough dogs to make a team for the straights then its more than likely they havent got enough for a team on the bends :- " so how would it help running on the bends for them?? :oops:

sadieandco said:
Hi all its Sadie gotta say i dont usually reply on here its usually mum but i thought id reply to this!!I myself think that the teams should be bwra regional club teams meaning the clubs that have enough dogs can enter their own teams but the clubs who cannot make a full team can join with other clubs in their region to make a team!!

i think this could possibly boost the teams event!

for example i know that manton could have had 2 teams this year and im sure that old hall could have had a couple of teams with there members (as they have in the past)

but the likes of blidworth and north notts havent got enough so they could join together meaning they had a team to enter too this being 5 teams just in our region at least!!

and other regions could do the same!!!

then we make more teams but are still sticking to regions and being proud to run for our region!!!

hi Sadie its your other mother lol

ok here's a question for you if as you say Manton could have had 2 team's this year why did'nt they run on sunday for the region ???

because i was lead to believe that's why club team's were stopped and regional team voted in

not the dog's at club's to make team's up

Hi other mum from no. 1 mum :thumbsup:

Manton has run a team for clubs most years Yvonne and sometimes two. This year however as it was regional teams and if you look at the e mids team a number of Manton dogs did go across and take part. As it was regionals a 'Manton' only team would not have been allowed to run we were told this. I believe some of the members did not go due to bitches wrong from season (mine :b ) and some still fairly young so they may have run for club to support but maybe did not feel they would have been picked for the region and because of their circumstances maybe felt travelling for spare dogs wasnt what they wanted.

I think maybe the reasoning for going back to regions was as you said to encourage more teams but unfortunately this time it didnt work out as there were more teams the last few times when it was clubs.

Its a hard call things can only be tried and tested and hope we get something to suit most people :lol: :lol: sorry maybe thats expecting too much :D ;)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back