The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

responsible mating

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sorry Dawn it`s been me all along - I`ve edited Michelles posts -a bit late now, I know :(

I specificaly didn`t mean to imply that pedi whippets are recent crosses but the breed is based on greyhound crosses.

All dogs are geneticaly virtually identical but whippets and greyhounds are closley related (inthat the whippet breed is based largely on the greyhound).However, whippets (pedi and non-pedi) are not simply minature greyhounds as they are different in type -as different as saluki`s, afghan`s , sloughi`s deerhounds etc, and not just size.

Sadieandco

If non-pedi`s want to have written pedigrees then it would be simpler to just race KC whippets since the only real difference between the 2 formats is the requirement for documented pedigrees.

I've just read all this, having entered into the banter about size limits for show dogs - and all because one poor chap enquired how big his puppy might grow!!!!  I love it all, get's the old brain working, I hope no-one takes it too seriously!!!

Now, I have a strapping PEDIGREE Whippet lad who weighs 18kgs (stripped and fit!! LOL), he hasn't got many brain cells,  will chase but lure coursing is a bit technical for him, too big to show (well, whilst he's a youngster, I'm sure he will do all right in Limit!!! LOL), sound as a bell, what on EARTH can I do with him????  No horrible suggestions either you lot!!! :D   :D

you could always keep him as a pet or find him a pet home. you could advertise him at stud in countrymans news....lurcher lads may like him cos of his size.

apart from that I don't know!!!!!! ???

Michelle

I've just read all this, having entered into the banter about size limits for show dogs - and all because one poor chap enquired how big his puppy might grow!!!!  I love it all, get's the old brain working, I hope no-one takes it too seriously!!!
I thought the whole point of a board like this was to discuss issues within the breed and share our experience to those new to the breed. No one was jumping down the 'poor chaps' throat, his question was answered and the issue of size being relevent to the post has been discussed

It doesn't matter how long we have been in the breed I am sure we can all learn from each others experiences :D

:p I agree with you Dawn ;) we can all learn something off each other, you are never too old to learn ;)   :p   :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back