The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rip Lacey

littlenell

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am sat here totally stunned as Ive just had to take Lacey to the emergency vets where she has had to be put to sleep. She was the first greyhound we got from the rescue, she was soooo depressed and sad looking - she had been living in a shed on an allotment and her owner had died. She was very lame and had undergone an operation, corns they thought until an xray showed a piece of glass about 2" long found buried deep in her leg and the skin had healed over. We brought her home, Mick had to carry her in and she stood without moving for about 2 hours until she realised that she could move round and lie down where she wanted, nothing bad would happen - she was totally freaked with carpets and stairs and gardens!! but she loved being fussed over and enjoyed tin rattling, raising money for the rescue centre, she turned into the biggest couch potato ever. When you took her out on the lead she was like a bucking bronco jumping with all 4 four feet off the ground :clown:

Tonight, they had all been out but decided to let Vinnie out again, we went past Lacey who was laid on her duvet and as I opened the back door she stood up and just started screaming :unsure: . I was so scared and could see she had done something to her wrist. She had a weakness there and had sprained it several times but this was different :( Vinnie knew something was wrong, he went absolutely beserk!! she was dragging her leg this time, not holding it up like before.

Joe helped me get her into the car and we drove to the vet - the worst journey of my life, Lacey screamed and I cried most of the way there. The vet took one look and said it was the worst break and the bone had started to poke through her skin and she said she thought that Lacey could have been harbouring some other problem for her bone to break like it did - maybe cancer where the glass had been? :unsure:

I cant tell you how I feel, Im shocked to lose her just like that after a nice quiet evening in. How could she break her leg just by standing up?? Im sickened to think how much pain she must have been in on that final journey. I stayed with her till the end - still reeling, Im gutted as its only a few weeks since I lost Nell and ive yet to tell my OH - he works away so I will have to ring him tomorrow.........all three of my greys have gone now, at least theyll be running together, pain free on the other side of the bridge.

RIP Lacey.

ozzy031.jpg

I'm sorry too - poor Lacey, and poor you; what a shock.

Run free Lacey, God bless.

so sorry for your loss :( run free Lacey

this very same thing happen to my friends Greyhound before Xmas, they had just come back from their usually walk around the block, Flora went into the sitting room and started sreaming.. the vet confirmed a bad break and later revealed bone cancer :( she too departed over the rianbow bridge

it's never easy to say good bye.....my thoughts are with you :(

:( This is a heartbreaking story. So very sorry for you :(

Iam so very, very sorry for your loss. Run free Lacey :flowers:

Oh Tina, what an horrendous thing to happen, just know that she was not alone, she had the comfort of her most important people

I'm so sorry

RIP lacey xxx

How sad for you. It sounds like she had a lovely time with you after her rough start.

Im so very sorry for your loss, what an aweful time with your husband being away too... :(

It does sound like you have given her a fantastic life...doing things she loved.....thinking of you

Run free Lacey xxxx

Tina, I really haven't words to say, the trauma for you both must have been heartbreaking xxx

What Clair has said is so true ......... she was with the person she most loved until she was at peace :wub:

Run free, Lacey xxx

So, so sorry. At least she knew happy times with you and had a special person to love her to the end. RIP Lacey

i am so very sorry about your lacey

rest in peace beautiful girl at least you got to see a loving home with doting owners

thats so hertbreaking, i'm truely very sorry,

i really know how hard it is to put those last moments from your mind but i promise that Lacey went to the bridge only taking memories of the love and life you gave her, just picture her reunited with her friends having a mad game of chase round the sunny meadows

run care free young Lacey x

So sorry this has happened. Cant imagine how you must feel. At least she had some good times and was loved.RIP

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back