The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Rspca

valerie

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am so red with :rant: What do the rspca think they are doing I"m out in the middle off nowhere at a lake this fisherman has found a black and white cat :'(

laying on the bank so like any animal lover I start making the phones calls well well well

NOT only had the phone number change to the local rcpca but you get the right royal run around push number 1 for cats push number 2 for dogs push number and so on so I push number I require like one does and there more push number 1 for Oh boy :rant: here we again and the machine runs off its flaming list for number for this number for that choose the number again and that was it I went from feeling :rant: to feeling :eek: :rant: because I was told to visit www. and so forth on the internet for more information.

I don"t need information I"m thinking all I want is a human voice not machine so there I am thinking well I have dogs and cats and and I :wub: them all to piece so I phoned the local vet to my surprise its not 24hr machine giving out number to call so I do :- " the nurse answers I tell her the whats what she says no-one is there at the surgery so I keep my cool 8) and say well can I drop the little darling off as its some ones baby and it could be chipped before she fogged me off and she repeid "YES"

I was so :D but the worse was to come :x just say I was Brave with a tear in my eye and lets just say flyers are up about the cat

I know exactly what u mean Valerie. I had to ring them recently and had to go through all that too - only to be cut off twice also :rant: then had to go through all the rigmerole again.....

Im still waiting for the Inspector to come and see me about capturing a Cat :- " (now weeks down the line) ....too bloody late Ive got it myself now and rehomed it.

Good luck :luck: with yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have any of you tried the Cats Protection league, they where brilliant with a stray that was round here, RSPCA where totally useless.

Paula Roberts said:
Have any of you tried the Cats Protection league, they where brilliant with a stray that was round here, RSPCA where totally useless.
I should known better having being involed in cat rescue years ago nowbut gave it up as my friend moved to france so I did"nt have the cats protection number on me and did"nt think I would need it but from now on the cats protection number is coming with me but I am still upset as its some thing that I never had to deal with as the poor cat was RIP its really done my head I am still up set now it could not be left there and I am not one to walk away from a hard situation like that as we all know closesure for the worried owner is a must its a shame that a lot of the human race would turn their back like cowards

Last edited by a moderator:
The RSPCA r very quickly getting a bad name for itself. We rescued a bird not so long ago and every number we tried for the RSPCA was wrong, in the end the bird sadly died. However when a lad i do voluntary work with saw farm dogs being kept in RABBIT hutches, he did manage to get through to the RSPCA and they said they could do nothing about it. This was also the case when he reported a dog left in a house for 48 hours with out anyone coming to walk it or feed it. i think they should be given more powers and get this number thing sorted. people are starting to lose faith

I no longer donate to the Rspca, have herd to many incidents of them not willing to help animals, :(

..More power
you ARE joking aren't you? How can power be given to any body of authority without the necessary balances and checks in place? They are next to useless now, just imagine what they would be like with MORE POWER. No, what we need to do is get rid of them altogether.

Smiffy@VeronnaV said:
..More power
you ARE joking aren't you? How can power be given to any body of authority without the necessary balances and checks in place? They are next to useless now, just imagine what they would be like with MORE POWER. No, what we need to do is get rid of them altogether.
I we all know that the rspca are in trouble BIG TIME they don"t have the man power and people who have tried out for the rspca have failed the course that is set out, out of 100 people only about 5 will make it, at last count last year there was only 95 inspectors for the whole country now thats bad there is to much red tape at this rate the rspca will grow smaller and smaller its a bit like the gas running out

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back