The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Champs & Derby 2011

gbabe6981

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi All,

As promised the details are as follows

Campsite Details

Randolph Playing Fields, Kirkcaldy, KY1 3HN (at the back of The Top of The Toun pub)

Caravans - £45

Tents - £25

Camping is available from Wednesday 20th July until Monday 1st August.

If you are camping please remember to use the skips and rubbish bins provided.

Scottish Championships

Saturday 23rd July

Adult Racing - 17lb, 20lb, 23lb, 26lb, 29lb, 32lb all @ 2ft/lb. Dogs/Bitches Seperate (4 dog races only)

Scratch - 36lb, 40lb & No Limit. Dogs/Bitches seperate

Pups/Yearlings/Vetrans - 24lb, 32lb @2ft/lb. All in (proof of age will be required)

All racing over 150 yards. Entry Fee is £5 plus 50p for the lure. Weigh in 8-9.30

Sunday 24th July

George Haggart Memorial Open - Top 10 points

Adult Racing - 19lb, 22lb, 25lb, 28lb, 31lb, 35lb all @ 2ft/lb over 160 yards back dog. Dogs/Bitches Seperate. LW / HW run off to make 4 dog final

Scratch racing over 175 yards

Pups/Yearlings - up to 25lb, 35lb all @ 2ft/lb over 150 yards (pups is 150 yards back dog)

Vetrans - up to 25lb, 35lb. 150 yards back dog yd/lb & yd/yr

Entry Fee is £3 plus 50p for the lure. Weigh in 10-11am

Wednesday 27th July

Kingdom of Fife Charity Open - Time Handicap

All racing over 150 yards. All in.

Pups - All in (proof of age required)

Scrath - All in

Entry Fee is £3 plus 50p for the lure. Time in begins at 10-11am

Scottish Derby 2010

Saturday 30th July & Sunday 31st July

Main Derby Event

160 yards front dog in 2lb classes. Dogs & Bitches run sep.

17lb, 19lb, 21lb, 23lb, 25lb, 27lb, 29lb, 31lb, 33lb, 35lb

5x4 dog semi - All in 19lb, 23lb, 27lb, 31lb, 35lb

Scottish Puppy Derby

150 yards front dog in 5lb classes. Dogs & Bitches run sep.

up to 20lb, 25lb, 30lb, 35lb

Proof of Age is required

Scottish Yearling Derby

150 yards front dog in 5lb classes. All in.

Proof of Age is required

Scottish Vetran Derby

150 yards front dog in 5lb classes. All in yd/lb & yd/yr.

Proof of Age is required

There is also racing for 40lb scratch, scratch and puppy/yearling scratch.

Entry Fee is £5 plus 50p for the lure. Weigh in 8-10am

Consolation Derby - Top 10 points

5 Classes - 19lb, 23lb, 27lb, 33lb, 35lb (heats yd/lb). All in

Run as weighed on Saturday. Entry Fee £3 plus 50p for the lure.

Please contact Arthur Cook on 01592 590635 for any further details

Last edited by a moderator:
We are really looking forward to this. It really is a favourite, hope the weather is a bit kinder this year

but it doesnt matter anyway cos the atmosphere is terrific :thumbsup:

Biggest event in whippet racing what atmosphere hoping two come up for two weeks this year cross my fingers :thumbsup:

GREAT 2 WEEKS,MY FAVOURITE MEETING,LOVE IT :thumbsup: BIT OF RAIN WOULD BE OK UPTO, TO HELP THE TRACK :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Lyndon please dont bring a tent you and tents just dont go hahah funniest thing ever :lol:

kate

Lyndon please dont bring a tent you and tents just dont go hahah funniest thing ever :lol:
kate
I'm up Market this year Kate nice warm dry caravan yes it was fun but not in middle of night when drink was wearing off and it was p@ss down but still loved company and crack and my other half coming this year so on best behaviour looking forward to it Kate

hahaha aww thats better :thumbsup: and yer not the best of places to be espcially tiny ones like that :lol: and yer u best behave ey o:)

brill 2 weeks no matter what the weathers like love it :thumbsup:

kate
I'm up Market this year Kate nice warm dry caravan yes it was fun but not in middle of night when drink was wearing off and it was p@ss down but still loved company and crack and my other half coming this year so on best behaviour looking forward to it Kate
Be nice to finally meet Andrea. New drinking partner.lol

kate
Be nice to finally meet Andrea. New drinking partner.lol o no two mad women to deal with good job she done read this

kate
Be nice to finally meet Andrea. New drinking partner.lol o no two mad women to deal with good job she done read this
Hey I not mad only slightly mental.lol just keep us away from the bar and you be ok.

always been my fave event this one. cudnt care less about weather its all part of the fun lol :thumbsup:

always been my fave event this one. cudnt care less about weather its all part of the fun lol :thumbsup:
If we were in a caravan like yours Carole we wouldn't give 2 tics about the weather either! (w00t)

One thing for certan kieran not packing me tv this year. He did it last year and forgot the remote. Cost me £18 for universal one that didn't work. So payed £100 for new tv. I packing it this year.

:D GOT THE FORTNIGHT OFF. CANNOT WAIT. SCOTTISH CHAMPS ON THE SAT AND GET HOME ON TIME TO CATCH THE LIVE BANDS STARTING AT THE BEER FESTIVAL AT GLEN CLOVA . :p

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back