The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Brill pics Sarah/Bob :thumbsup:

Thanks for the ones of Boo there great (w00t) :D

Just wish i was there to see her run for myself but she did well with kim and mum haha

hers some off dogs in action

this is my last,,,,if i put all on ill be here all week :lol: :lol:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

Well been to this event for last ten years --this was the best ---firstly well done to ALL those who competed especially if you were lucky enough to win.

Gold Run :cheers:

Those who were not winners there is always next year --remember that famous Scot Robert the Bruce and try again --

This year i never heard one wrong word from anyone at all- the atmosphere was as it should be all the time no one arguing with judging, as camera was there for back up--

ten days with all racers together and only one complaint was the weather but even then it was the best in the country so cant really grumble about that --

Thanks to all those hard workers at this great little club-You have excelled yourselves beyond belief this year with the track, the running and every aspect of this great meeting- the only sad thing i find is that no one got up after the presentation and asked for a round of applause for you and your sponsors--but from us- please accept our sincere thanks and appreciation of a job well done --

Not a bad result/tally for us ALL in the North West eh? Vicky/Mark-Jacs and (owner of Rapscallion-sorry forgotten your name) + others from N.West.

I was over the moon to have bred the winner of the dog pups-'He's the Pitts' well done Albert and Greta with Bertie! :thumbsup:

and to have my own two gaining 2nd place in both the dog/bitch sections-

Alva Starr and Our Man Flint-(proud parents- CORAL and FLUKE) :wub:

(Alva also taking the 21lb puppy champ class in the NNWRF puppy yearling championships the previous weekend at the Kirkcaldy track)

Steve/Karen and of course HARRY--

What a fantastic 10 days :thumbsup: never mind the weather,i'm sure everybody had a brill time :D I know we did.Well done to everybody who raced :thumbsup: too many to name everyone,but some dogs that stood out for me.From the big lads and lasses,Lisa's Kaiser Chief,both the Nikitason pups(Shay and Nicki)will be some good racing between these 2 in the future,As Ya Do,this one can really hit the lids,and took track record whilst competing I believe :thumbsup:Avit and ofcourse the big lads Deneside Belle and Sugar Daddy,brilliant racing from these 2.Andrew can really run his opponents down,and as for Buzz not a foot wrong all weekend.

From the weights,loads of brilliant races,again too many to name them all,but ones that I can remember well Nikes Gem,Two Faced and Bootiful(Well done Karen,Sadie and Kim :thumbsup: )Gary Gauntons pup and Leo,Shelly and co with Zelda(Boland)her 1st run was brilliant.Peggy Sue,Weardale Spot,Mcpocket,Bert & Frans Glimmer,Tinkerman, I could go on forever(as normal :lol: ) so the last one,i'll mention is Sugar Rush,litter sister to my big lad,like Geoff I remember watching this bitch run at Maltby and thinking she could be something special.I was so pleased to watch her run over the 10 days.She is one to watch for the future.I do hope her owners get to travel with her to events,as I am sure she will continue too make them proud :thumbsup:

Will finish by saying a big thankyou to our hosts in Scotland,nothing was too much trouble.You all worked hard and succeeded in making a good 10 days great.It was really appreciated :thumbsup: :D Karen

Can't believe I forgot to mention the great Gold Run :thumbsup:

Welldone Geoff & Hazel with Sugar Daddy & Pennysworth :thumbsup: welldone everyone else :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Congratulations everyone competing, all the winners especially Jacqui & Colin for the 2nd year running with Gold Run, you must be so proud of your lad :cheers: also John and Doriva, she put in an excellent run and was my tip when the final was being piped down. 2 years ago when me & Jacqui last went with 3 10 week old pups we vowed the next time we come one of that litter are getting piped down the track and she did this with her lad Avit who ran a super race in the 40lb final to get 2nd - congratulations matey :thumbsup: Well done also Craig & Nicola with Rapscallion, another to get piped down :cheers: and Steve / Karen & co with your litter, you must be made up. Too many other fantastic dogs to mention that didn't get through to the final so i won't even start to try and name them all. :blink:

Poor Cara let her fan club down by coming into season on Sunday, excellent timing :oops:

Lastly a HUGE well done to all the workers who were involved with this event, there is not a committee anywhere that could hold an event as good as this & there is no championships that can top the atmosphere. WELL DONE :thumbsup: :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
WELL DONE ALL THE WINNERS :cheers: FLETCH DOES IT AGAIN WELL DONE MATE :thumbsup: ALSO WELL DONE AGAIN TO THE MANTONERS :thumbsup:

Thankyou for all the well wishes and well done to all those who competed it was a great race week end loved every min of it. :thumbsup:

A big thankyou to all the workers over the weekend everything went like clockwork was nice to see everyone enjoying the racing. :)

Hope everyone had a safe drive home. :teehee:

The Thubron family

Lastly a HUGE well done to all the workers who were involved with this event, there is not a committee anywhere that could hold an event as good as this & there is no championships that can top the atmosphere. WELL DONE :thumbsup: :cheers:

Here here Vicky we agree :thumbsup:

well done to danny & bobby aka gold run & midnight run :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

what a cracking 2 weekends of racing and its only what this club and its members deserved. The effort that arthur,john george,val,jennene,susan and others who i might not have mentioned was unbelievable and not forgeting they had there own dogs to run and look after,not many people would have stood guard over that barrier till11oclock at night.

The racing was fantastic the atmosphere was brilliant ask arthur[cassann],the lasses in scotland will never be safe again and to watch the best more known stars and the less known newcomers trying to topple them of there perches was brilliant all i can say is roll on next year

GREAT EVENT, WELL DONE TO ALL THE WORKERS.WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS. JACKIE / COLIN SHOWINGHOW GOOD THERE DOGS ARE TAKING THE DERBY AND THE VETS. AND TO GEFF WITH SUN PRINCE HE IS STARTING TO SHOW HIS TRUE COLOURS :thumbsup: FANTASTIC RACING, GOOD TO SEE SOME PED RACING INCLUDED. WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE VETS RUN 1/2 YARD AFTER ALL THERE ARE 5+ AND THE BIGGUNS GEFF AND HAZEL TAKING THE 40/ NO LIMIT :luck: DIDNT DO HIS GOWT ANY GOOD. THE STANDARD WAS UNBELIEVABLE LITTLEUN DOING 9S FOR 160 (w00t)

CRACKING EVENT :thumbsup: :cheers: :luck: :D

The press were at the Derby taking pics. Did anyone get a paper? If so-which paper was it please? We forgot to get one before leaving.

Karen

Well done all the winner esp Jackie & Colin with Gold run :thumbsup:

Well done all the workers yet another superb ran 10 days, some great racing :thumbsup:

WELL DONE GEOFF ON YOUR WINS WITH YOUR DOGS :thumbsup:

whippeteerThe1st said:
hers some off dogs in action
this is my last,,,,if i put all on ill be here all week :lol:   :lol:

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1856.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1790.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

HI WAS JUST WONDERING IF U HAD A PIC OF THE PUPPY NO LIMIT WINNER IN HER JACKET PLEASE? THERES A FAB ONE OF HER RACING BUT ID LIKE TO C THE ONE U TOOK WITH THE JACKET. NIKKI WHIZZ. WELL DONE TO ALL THE WINNERS :cheers:

Have to agree with everyone altho only did Derby weekend not the full 10 days it was a brill weekend thoroughly enjoyed it :thumbsup: . Well done to all the workers, winners and competitors. Have been for last 3 years but this is the first time we have actually raced. The first year we took home Little Rascal the Derby winner for Paul as his van had broken down and tongue in cheek we said one year we would take home our own Derby winner well not the main Derby winner but i'm chuffed to say we took home Scottish Derby Yearling Winner and this one did belong to US. :D

Id also like to say thankyou to everyone who bought raffle tickets from Kath Cockram to help raise funds for our local track (Manton) which is in the middle of a Sports Re-development programme and we have been promised a new track in the redevelopment a big thank you to Kirkcaldy for allowing us to run the raffle.

Big thank you to everyone.

WELL DONE JACKIE AND COLIN ON YET ANOTHER DERBY WIN WITH GOLD RUN AND YOUR OTHER CHARGE MIDNIGHT RUN TAKING THE VETERANS

WELL DONE GEOFF AND HAZEL TAKING THE 40lb AND NO LIMIT WITH PENNYSWORTH AND SUGAR DADDY

A SPECIAL WELL DONE TO ONE OF OUR OWN NORTH WESTERS LYN AND MALS TARKOW TAKING YEARLING NO LIMIT Sonny as he is known at home is bred out of one of my favourite bitches Chris and Pauls K.SERA as is derby winner GOLD RUN

well done to all the other winners. Thanks to the organisers and their sponsors for another fantastic 10 day event looking forward to next year :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back