The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Had a great time over both weekends. Over the moon how our dogs ran even rogi bear managed to get through her heat. Thanks to everyone that worked so hard to make the weekend a big sucess Tony on traps done a fantastic job helped out by Tam and sandra. Sean lure driver david Camera man Geordie and George on line. Sandra,Valerie and Janine at the weigh in taking entries etc. also Arthur and Bob all worked really hard to make this weekend enjoyable. A special thanks must go to Danny who made sure traps were spot on for both weekends.Robert who took pictures of all the winners.

On a lighter note things that impressed me were Jim Mcleod who drank his winning shot and pretended to like it

Jim Leitch managing to erect a tent INSIDE his awning.

Danny with his gas and breakfast (you know what i mean Danny) DONT YA ??

Carolines usage of water gas and porta potti

And the nights spent with the gang inside our awnings (even Jims which was only half an awning)

Cherry coke !!!!!

Dumplings which could be made with pishy clouts.

I enjoyed all of it the chery on the cake was moose winning the Derby.Thanks to all for the support and congrats after.

Val

i have the winnings for fly baby , missed the rent and mr thubron (nearly a cheap night for me last night lol) :p

PIC12-5.jpg
Thanks for the pics Bob, it was a nice feeling breeding the winner and runner up in 40lb scotish derby :thumbsup: you did me proud with Paddy :thumbsup:

WELL DONE Insane Jane--The Trophy Stays In Scotland.! :thumbsup: :D

tipped insane jane in final well done she flew ;) thanks to the scotts for all there hard work in making it a great derby holiday ;)

i have the winnings for fly baby , missed the rent and mr thubron (nearly a cheap night for me last night lol) :p
thanks maz well done you n gerry,winnings,owwww our sky(flybaby) lame as a koot again,thinking of starting fishing again,this racing games doing my crust in, :angry:

get her sortted shes a classy bitch well up for derby. but put a lot into races week before ken keep at her shes a flying machine m8 ;)

over the moon for maz and jerry with benson never put a foot wrong ;) brilliant win ;)

was also impressed with andrew deanside belle especialy after his injury like i said to col at scotland you cant take the class out of class dog ;)

Don't know about everybody else,but i'm kna..ed -_- Can't have a kip before I put my essay on :lol: First a big well done and thanks to our Scottish friends for a fantastic weekend :thumbsup: you do whippet racing proud every year.Some great races again this year.Big Well Done to Maz and Jerry,he ran brilliant :thumbsup: and to Colin and Alison,looks like Andrew's back ;) and not forgetting Jim's Fire's Lad,didn't make the final due to injury,but very impressive when he raced.Nearly forgot chuffed to bits with my lad too.Don't know what to say about Sugar Mouse other than 'superb' she ran perfect races from start to finish.Think Geoff told me he was 'happy' this morning :lol: bit of an understatement :- Well Done to Lynn and Trevor,Linda and Hilda and Wendy and Tony(You stopped crying yet Wendy :lol: )Gary and Dee,and Vicky and Mark (ours didn't do too bad Vicky,seeing as we didn't think they'ld be running :thumbsup: ) Big,big Well Done to Shel and the gang with Zelda and Connor.I know how pleased you was with her Shel,and quite rightly so she's got the guts of a lion :thumbsup: Finally George and Val and the fantastic Insane Jane.The final was made up of top class dogs,and Moose won,not much else I can say :thumbsup: Big thanks to my mates Tony and Yvonne for looking after us all this weekend,I know it's been a traumatic 10 days for you Yvonne,but you still managed to put on a smile and run round after us.It's really appreciated mate :thumbsup: Even though you did get George drunk :p

Thanks for the pics Bob, it was a nice feeling breeding the winner and runner up in 40lb scotish derby :thumbsup: you did me proud with Paddy :thumbsup:

thankz geoff and hazel,,,,,welldone with sugar mouse :thumbsup: ,,,,,iam quite happy with paddy getting to final

pic below i think ,,,its sugar mouse in blue and paddy in black,,,,,sarah took pic on saturday i think it was in heat

pic1

pic10-7.jpg

pic2

pic20-1.jpg

Just wanted to say thank you to Kirkcaldy WRC for hosting another great whippet racing holiday and all the workers who stood outside in all weathers to run all the events. We had a brill holiday and really enjoyed all the racing. Well done to all the competitors, the atmosphere was great and well done to Geoff and Hazel with Mouse (hope shes better soon), Chris with Roxy and Karen with Harvey he did you proud.

Last but not least a huge well done to Wendy Tony and Alex with Hellish on winning the consolation derby, I know there were no happier people yesterday :)

Well done to all, a really good weekend, some fantastic races and some really close finishes. The final was breathtakingly close well done to Insane Jane for taking the honours brill achievement. I have to say i was well impressed with Paul and Sues big boy Casper in the final, the only dog in there and to finish where he did with those class bitches for a 34lb dog i think was a brilliant achievement (I think your patience has paid off Paul and Sue, i think he's on his way back :thumbsup: )

Sadie not bad, first visit to the Scottish Derby and you made it up behind the Piper (well done Cleo) and a velvet jacket into the bargain :) thought we were gunna come home empty handed this time but Cleo saved the day for us. :sweating:

Don't know about everybody else,but i'm kna..ed -_- Can't have a kip before I put my essay on :lol: First a big well done and thanks to our Scottish friends for a fantastic weekend :thumbsup: you do whippet racing proud every year.Some great races again this year.Big Well Done to Maz and Jerry,he ran brilliant :thumbsup: and to Colin and Alison,looks like Andrew's back ;) and not forgetting Jim's Fire's Lad,didn't make the final due to injury,but very impressive when he raced.Nearly forgot chuffed to bits with my lad too.Don't know what to say about Sugar Mouse other than 'superb' she ran perfect races from start to finish.Think Geoff told me he was 'happy' this morning :lol: bit of an understatement :- Well Done to Lynn and Trevor,Linda and Hilda and Wendy and Tony(You stopped crying yet Wendy :lol: )Gary and Dee,and Vicky and Mark (ours didn't do too bad Vicky,seeing as we didn't think they'ld be running :thumbsup: ) Big,big Well Done to Shel and the gang with Zelda and Connor.I know how pleased you was with her Shel,and quite rightly so she's got the guts of a lion :thumbsup: Finally George and Val and the fantastic Insane Jane.The final was made up of top class dogs,and Moose won,not much else I can say :thumbsup: Big thanks to my mates Tony and Yvonne for looking after us all this weekend,I know it's been a traumatic 10 days for you Yvonne,but you still managed to put on a smile and run round after us.It's really appreciated mate :thumbsup: Even though you did get George drunk :p
think you said it all karen, well done everyone !!!! amazing i no but have manage to have a good time in between going to the vets and the rain lol but have to say for the first time since going to scotland im glad to be home !!!!!!!!! and will add thats nothing to do with the opens they have been well run and brill racing well done all the workers !! more to do with jimmys accident and the weather rain rain and more rain and know one can do anything about that lol oh and Karen i DID NOT GET GEORGE DRUNK we all no who that was Toni lol

Last edited by a moderator:
i got to say i had a great 10 days the weather was a bit bad but we still had fun

even though a couple of dogs got robbed but we'll soon see at champs in 4 weeks woop :)

had sum mint laughs up there with everyone no back stabbing just chillaxing in the rain/sun haha :lol:

i was pleased with roger they had to split him with storm breker for second place

i was gutted we couldnt make the consulation coz i thort he had a gurd chance but me dad wanted to get away incase the weather came that was forcast

anyway i had a nice bath but i missed sitting by big steves fire aww it loverly 8) :b

n had to go out on sata nite to asda n by after sun my arms were burnin haha :clown: :D crnt wait till next year

i forgot n i dunno how tro say a big well done to benson aww he suits his loverly purple coat wish i was there to see u run big lad haha :D

and a big well done to no joe for runnin his little heart out 8) i think he tired his self out in the caravan jumping from 1 bed to another like all the time haha :lol:

and marley hes a gurd dog when he wants to be but sum times he dsnt box btu he did brill to cum second :thumbsup:

well to done to all the winners x :wub:

Well done winners! losers! contenders!A big well done to roving scot reporter.........whippeteer the 1st-!!!!!!!!!

absolutely astounding your commitment, enthusiasm, pace for a mere man, who knows bugger all about seasons/ periods breastfeeding/rearing in any shape or form-LOL!

from.........

A woman who does...... :clown:

P.S -Wheres the pics?

karen ur right i know nothing about woman things :*

but i know how to boss them about,,, :lol: and take the credit for there work,,,i have to make confession,,,,i didnt put any results on or pic,s for derby,,,i got the sarah to do,,and took the credit :lol: :lol: :lol:

men 1 ---woman 0 :- :- :-

I carnt comment on anyones races cos didnt watch any sat in the tent but so glad all the northe west dogs and frends dog did so well. Picaninny did well on wensday for us she loves that type of race and we were pleased with ruby Hellish on sunday in the open winning her group but dont think its sunk in yet what she did on sunday in the cons finale she dosnt get run much with me and tony being demicks so for her to come out on her 3rd weeks racing this year and do that is fab at 4 years old. did get any lamdriny jacs could get in the pub for the presation it was packed out so settled for a can of diet coka lol. we have drove home with her jacket and plac on the dash board ( I know were realy sad lol) will be out this week getting her jacket framed and the hall redecorated to match it lol. i have got a big smile on my face still and its not the morphine making me smile lol. thanks everyone in scotland for a fab time well done everyone

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back