The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scottish Derby

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Nevermind frames! Get your butt's down to the Gin Pit with those youngsters!

Besides you might get discount for bulk orders :D

Congrats to all who won and took part, love the piccys, looking at them was as if we was there, I have so missed going up Scotland which is my favourite place in the whole of the UK, we decided we would go up for the holliday and watch some racing if the caravan didn't sell and blow me the week before it sold on Ebay..... ;)

Nevermind frames! Get your butt's down to the Gin Pit with those youngsters!Besides you might get discount for bulk orders :D
darceys just coming out of season shes got weeks of yet so no running for her and gumpys been going with scarlet

PIC12-5.jpg
Thanks for the pics Bob, it was a nice feeling breeding the winner and runner up in 40lb scotish derby :thumbsup: you did me proud with Paddy :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: You did brilliantly Hazel and Geoff, some excellent dogs, ;) Di

was a brill scottish hols as usual. even though it rained almost every day and we even had a thunderstorm. well done to all the workers who worked very hard over the 10 days thanks to u all. well done to all the north east dogs and big well done to maz & gerry with benson winning the no limit.

Thanks to everyone involved in the Derby weekend we had a fab time partying until the early hours, my face was aching from laughing so much.

Big well done to George & Val with 2009 SCOTTISH DERBY WINNER INSANE JANE, she was fantastic all weekend and ran every race to perfection. Chuffed to bits for Tony & Wendy with Hellish, we all knew she could do it, it was just a matter of time - keep her right for the champs now :thumbsup: If anyones dogs are always right for the Derby it's Geoff and Hazels, Mouse was pure class all weekend and rewarded your hard work :thumbsup: We couldn't be more proud of Cara, 1st time behind the lure for 6 weeks due to injury, we weren't expecting her to get 4 runs over the weekend bless her, she gave everything she had in the final.

Well done Izzy & Duffy in the yearlings with "Twisted Sister" taking Supreme and Darren & MR SOLO winning the cons 40lb against good opposition, your face was a picture, keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
luke and jack ,,,, i have no idea who they were trying to impersonate :lol: maybe it was one of the karroke singers from the night before

pic50-3.jpg

pic51.jpg

i cant help seeing david in the background in yellow t shirt laughing,,, when geordie,s wee tiny came over the line 1st,,,,, :lol: :lol:

pic103.jpg

brill pic of the kids and the racing one r fab too

Just for my little Bobby he couldnt be at scotland to see his dog win her race (not good of the dog but will keep bobs happy) !

Looks like we're going to have a 'male' whippet racer in the Wilson whippet gang, Bobby is so into racing at the moment, to the point when we're travelling to club he was going through dogs names that Cleo might be running against, which had me and his mum in stitches on Wednesday night. When he said, 'Mum i know R & R beat us at Scotland will she be there tonight' lol or maybe it's because if he knows Lynne's around he gets his biscuit fix ;) I am beginning to think people are right within our family (not the racing ones) that maybe me and Sadie talk tooooo much about whippets and racing and now Bobby joining in too :eek:

What a fab photo. I think it is brilliant that young Bobby is taking so much interest and hope that he continues :) . Sally was just the same when she was his age, just wait until he starts learning read he will be looking at the written programme and trying to find his dogs name, and then it will be doing sums by working out the handicap - it is a great fun way of learning.

Anyway you can never talk too much about whippet racing (w00t)

Elaine

Totally agree, Robyn & Ruby have us in fits of laughter some of the things they come out with.

Ruby hasn't quite grasped the "it's the taking part that matters" bit yet, and went off in a strop because Cara ONLY came 3rd, that wasn't good enough!. Robyn is so optimistic it's untrue and whilst i'm walking up the track for the derby final she shouts across the track "Mum will we get one of those big cheques again" eeeeek.

We'll have to get Bobby together with them, we'd have a scream laughing at their racing antics.

When Mark was a kid the teachers kept telling his mum he couldn't read, until one day she took a whippet news into the class and he sat there and read it word for word lol

:D Ruby sounds abit like Bobby, on wednesday cleo won her heat and then when she got beat in the a final he went upto my mum and said nan karen ive got some bad news mum said why whats up bob he said cleo lost god damn it lol was so funny

I bet all 3 of them together would have us in fits of laughter :D

god bless him, wait till charley starts, now she,s got a gob like her nana deb (w00t)

Look at that little face Sadie :wub: He's gonna break some girls hearts when he's older :) In between him whippet racing ofcourse ;)

What do you mean karen ive told him he's got to get a girl from the whippets we not having a non whippet racer coming in to our family lol :D

Sadie x

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back