The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Scratch Racing/breeding

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
gary farmer said:
MY OPINION  IS  I LOVE IT 
I HAVE ONLY ONE SRATCH DOG AT THIS MOMENT AND HE CANT RUN THE BENDS ANY MORE DUE TO AN INJURY

BUT  HAVE A NEW PUP COMING  PLUS PUPS BRED FROM GREYHOUND TO TINKERMAN BUT DONT THINK THEY WILL MAKE SRATCH DOGS :(

GARY

Good morning Gary.Happy new year mate.Would you kindly pm me the weight's of you're 2 Waddleoff pup's,just to compare them with the wee power house i have here.He's coming on a treat Gary,and has caught up with and past a couple of mine.In saying that,the feeding dish is his,till he's finished,as he's put himself in the position of top dog.Firey wee bugger. Billy...

wild whippies said:
I personally don't have an issue with breeding a greyhound to a whippet. I do think the NNWRF's new format of introducing a 48lb class was an excellent idea.
There is one possible solution that Steve Boyds post got me thinking about today, that being a handicap of some description in the Supreme Scratch racing on the bends alone. Folk may consider me biased, I appreciate that but whether it's my 36lber, someone elses or a dog from the 40lb class, the times are in a different league to the No Limiters.

I actually feel guilty if I withdrew my dog from Supreme because I would hate to be considered un sporting, I also feel the owner of the No Limiter may feel a solo run for Supreme is a poor accolade to win.

The potentially interesting thing about having a handicap for Supreme Scratch on the bends would be that, like with the main handicap, people may feel a need to breed smaller.

Some good points there Jac's :thumbsup: but why should you feel guilty by not running off in the supreme run off.

Wether your dog is 36lb or 40lb, if its not been doing anywhere near the times of the no limit winner what's the point. But having said that I personally take several things into consideration before I decide if I'm going to run off.

1 As my dog been trapping well and not putting a foot wrong.

2 As my dog only been running 3 to 4 lengths slower than the no limiter in it's heat wins.

3 Do I think my dog as more stamina than the no limiter

If you can tick the yes box in all three, then go for it :thumbsup: I don't race my dogs to suit what other competitors think, I do what suits me and what's best for my dog.

Geoff

Last edited by a moderator:
This quote from the last post should be every one's rule as it is sound advice----

I don't race my dogs to suit what other competitors think, I do what suits me and what's best for my dog.

Geoff i reckon your spot on with that mate!!!

steve :thumbsup: :oops: :- "

DENISE BAILEY said:
I personally don't have any problems with people breeding whippet x greyhound as long as its done sensibly , and they are breeding for there own types needs ...
The problem i do have is people getting retired or young injured greyhounds (theres a few young dogs getting shipped over just for breeding machines of late) breeding them to what ever , putting no thought into how many pups are going to be born , letting the usually large litters pull hell out of the greyhound and then getting rid of the greyhound in what ever manner they do ...

I personally do not think these type of greyhounds have been wormed up to date , are fully inoculated with papers , are usually not in the best of condition and there no planning with some people as to how much space , facility's etc is need

Over the past 3 years theres been approximately 23 greyhounds breed to different none ped stud dogs resulting in 160 pups ...where are they ? I think we can probably account for 60 of them if we are lucky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some very good points in your post Dee, But I for one can contribute to over one third of the 60 lucky dogs that you say you can account for :)

My first litter from a greyhound to Sugar Fire was a litter of 7.

1 Sugar Daddy

2 Pennysworth

3 Storm Warrior Phil & Lou

4 Sugar Babe :( (sadly no longer with us) Stuart & Becki

5 Mebs Rosie Keith Woodward

6 Eddie :( (who broke his hock, while trailling) Big Al & Rose

7 Ollie (lurcher racing champion) Darren & Keith Booth

The next litter was Maggie (Droopy's Kewell) to Sugar Fire, this produced 9

1 Herself Stuart & Becki

2 Her Sister Stuart & Becki

3 Tykwando Rob & Chris

4 Go Two Trevor (Go Loco)

5 Frankie Phil & Lou

6 A bitch which Tommy Carr & his mate had, but sold on :(

7 Billy Graham Burton (hoppy :lol: )

8 A bitch that went for Lurcher racing to Chris & Alison at Lichfield

9 Misty (Our Alison & Dean had as a pet :( Sadly got killed on Tapton golf course after the bunnies)

My last litter Maggie(Droopys Kewell) to Jack the Lad,this produced 10

1 Norman(Ours) :lol:

2 Paddy (ours) :D

3 Ben(ours) :))

4 Sheila (ours) :sweating: :teehee:

5 Whiskey (Rhonda & Colin) :thumbsup:

6 Teddy (Marielou & Graham) :thumbsup:

7 Hector :D :thumbsup: (Ian,Shadowhunter)

8 Jess :thumbsup: (Julie,Hope 200)

9 A bitch for Lurcher racing :thumbsup: (Darren & Keith Booth)

10 A bitch to a friend of Phils who will be racing her at Old Hall :thumbsup:

Ps The first greyhound I used ,which was also called Maggie(Big Connection),after staying with Tony & Yvonne,they managed to find her a great pet home over in America :thumbsup:

Be interesting to see where the other 34 pups are at present.

Sorry if I've gone off topic Carole,but thought it would be interesting to add this post :lol:

Geoff

pps Both these greyhounds were bought as yearlings from Perry Barr sales, and raced on the flapping tracks before being used as brood bitches.

Maggie 2 is still over at Phil & Lou's kennels, and will be with us until a ripe old age.

Karen-Coral said:
This quote from the last post should be every one's rule as it is sound advice----
I don't race my dogs to suit what other competitors think, I do what suits me and what's best for my dog.

Geoff i reckon your spot on with that mate!!!

steve :thumbsup:   :oops:   :- "

So do I! :thumbsup: Thanks Geoff.

Nice to see someone who can account for all their offsprings roundabouts just like that by the way. :thumbsup:

thank god and interesting topic with no bitching or calling scratch dogs. geoff i think its fantastic u know where all the pups u have bred have gone i think everybody who breeds a litter whether it b from a ghd or a whippet wud do well to take a leaf from your book geoff.

p.s i dont think handicapping a supreme scratch race wud work as then it wudnt b a scratch race wud it? lol :blink: :lol:

milly said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
I personally don't have any problems with people breeding whippet x greyhound as long as its done sensibly , and they are breeding for there own types needs ...
The problem i do have is people getting retired or young injured greyhounds (theres a few young dogs getting shipped over just for breeding machines of late) breeding them to what ever , putting no thought into how many pups are going to be born , letting the usually large litters pull hell out of the greyhound and then getting rid of the greyhound in what ever manner they do ...

I personally do not think these type of greyhounds have been wormed up to date , are fully inoculated with papers , are usually not in the best of condition and there no planning with some people as to how much space , facility's etc is need

Over the past 3 years theres been approximately 23 greyhounds breed to different none ped stud dogs resulting in 160 pups ...where are they ? I think we can probably account for 60 of them if we are lucky

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Some very good points in your post Dee, But I for one can contribute to over one third of the 60 lucky dogs that you say you can account for :)

My first litter from a greyhound to Sugar Fire was a litter of 7.

1 Sugar Daddy

2 Pennysworth

3 Storm Warrior Phil & Lou

4 Sugar Babe :( (sadly no longer with us) Stuart & Becki

5 Mebs Rosie Keith Woodward

6 Eddie :( (who broke his hock, while trailling) Big Al & Rose

7 Ollie (lurcher racing champion) Darren & Keith Booth

The next litter was Maggie (Droopy's Kewell) to Sugar Fire, this produced 9

1 Herself Stuart & Becki

2 Her Sister Stuart & Becki

3 Tykwando Rob & Chris

4 Go Two Trevor (Go Loco)

5 Frankie Phil & Lou

6 A bitch which Tommy Carr & his mate had, but sold on :(

7 Billy Graham Burton (hoppy :lol: )

8 A bitch that went for Lurcher racing to Chris & Alison at Lichfield

9 Misty (Our Alison & Dean had as a pet :( Sadly got killed on Tapton golf course after the bunnies)

My last litter Maggie(Droopys Kewell) to Jack the Lad,this produced 10

1 Norman(Ours) :lol:

2 Paddy (ours) :D

3 Ben(ours) :))

4 Sheila (ours) :sweating: :teehee:

5 Whiskey (Rhonda & Colin) :thumbsup:

6 Teddy (Marielou & Graham) :thumbsup:

7 Hector :D :thumbsup: (Ian,Shadowhunter)

8 Jess :thumbsup: (Julie,Hope 200)

9 A bitch for Lurcher racing :thumbsup: (Darren & Keith Booth)

10 A bitch to a friend of Phils who will be racing her at Old Hall :thumbsup:

Ps The first greyhound I used ,which was also called Maggie(Big Connection),after staying with Tony & Yvonne,they managed to find her a great pet home over in America :thumbsup:

Be interesting to see where the other 34 pups are at present.

Sorry if I've gone off topic Carole,but thought it would be interesting to add this post :lol:

Geoff

pps Both these greyhounds were bought as yearlings from Perry Barr sales, and raced on the flapping tracks before being used as brood bitches.

Maggie 2 is still over at Phil & Lou's kennels, and will be with us until a ripe old age.

Pleased you can account for your pups Geoff , be interesting to see who else can

i did an approximate count yesterday but will try today and do a full one

Just to keep this topic going Carole, because I think it's a good one.

Here are some greyhound matings in the last 3 years ish.

In no particular order.

1 Neil Pems Betty x Hellbound

2 Neil Pems Betty x Wonderwall

3Bert & Frans greyhound x Nikitason

4 Lee's greyhound x Brookhill Buddy

5 Graham & Mandy's greyhound x 2 become 1

6 Graham & Mandy's greyhound x Magical Dreams

7 Colin & Alison's Florence x Wor John

8 Colin & Alisons Florance x The Builder

9 Ritch & Amanda's greyhound x Simpson

10 Ritch & Amanda's greyhound x Tinkerman

11 Steve Bell's greyhound x Streisand

12 Mick Clarke's greyhound x Outbound

13 Gary Farmer's Waddle Off x Tinkerman

14 Gary Farmer's Seal the Flint x Tinkerman

15 Gary Farmer's greyhound x Stag Posessed? or Ritch's greyhound :wacko:

Plus the 3 litter's of mine in the previous post. Feel free to add any litter's I may have missed out.

Geoff

in the last three years i have bred my greyhound killeacle rena.

1st mating was to bert great stud dog 2 become i 10 pups.

gary farmer had 2 but sadly lost one of them

john marsden

bert and jane

sharon

colin and alison

chris

george and lynn

phil in cornwell

just cannot think at the moment were the last pup went sure gary will lt us know.

2nd mating with her was to o magical dreams 5 pups.

anthony pem

andy meridith

mez

billyboy

gary farmer.

and best of all killeacle reni has a very good home for life with andy and june meridith.

so thats another 15 accounted for when gary farmer reminds me were the pup out of the first litter went.

killeacle reni was bought by myself and andy from hall green we raced her on the flapping tracks but she went lame so we retired her from racing with breeding in mind.

Didn't realise there had been so many bred :D

Can let you know,my 2 lads litters

Neils Betty/Hellbound

Musclebound

Sugar Rush

Sophies Gift

Ebony Warrior

All racing

Mezs dog unfortunately pts due to injury

Last one pet home I think

Richies greyhound/Outbound

Just my Jake(Skybound) racing

Other 2 pet homes

GRAHAM PEM said:
in the last three years i have bred my greyhound killeacle rena.1st mating was to bert great stud dog 2 become i 10 pups.

john marsden

bert and jane

sharon

colin and alison

chris

george and lynn

phil in cornwell

just cannot think at the moment were the last pup went sure gary will lt us know.

anthony pem 

andy meridith

mez

billyboy

gary farmer.

and best of all killeacle reni has a very good home for life with andy and june meridith.

so thats another 15 accounted for when gary farmer reminds me were the pup out of the first litter went. 

killeacle reni was bought by myself and andy  from hall green we raced her on the flapping tracks but she went lame so we retired her from racing with breeding in mind.

There's one with the Palmer's in Cornwall Graham. Billy...

greyhound (florance x wor john) 9 pups 05

greyhound (ritchys) x simpson 7 pups 05

greyhound x bigland boy pups? 05

greyhound x come on trash pups ? 05

greyhound (tanyas) x aurora borealis pups 7 05

greyhound (betty) x hellbound pups ? 05

greyhound (mick clarkes)x outbound pups? 05

greyhound (tanyas mates )x aurara boreolis pups ? 05

greyhound (penny) x oscars pride 10 pups 06

greyhound (taynas) x aurara boreolis pups ? 06

greyhound (Droopy's Kewell) x sugarfire pups 9 06

greyhouns (fran burts) x nikitason pups 10 06

greyhound (betty) x wonderwall pups 9 06

greyhound (g farmers) x stag possessed pups ? 06

greyhound (gramhams )x 2 becomes one pups 9 06

greyhound (s bell) x strisland pups 8 06

greyhound ( malcomes) x master blaster pups 8 06

greyhound (lees) x brookhill buddy pups 5 06

greyhound x wor john pups ? 06

greyhound x bigland boy pups ? 06

greyhound x cracked it pups 9 07

greyhound x wor john pups 10 07

greyhound x wor john pups ? 07

greyhound (florance) x the builder pups 9 07

greyhound (waddle off) x tinkerman pups 9 07

greyohund ((Droopy's Kewell) x jack the lad pups 10 07

greyhound (seal the flint) x tinkerman pups 10 07

going to try and name the pups regs

GRAHAM PEM said:
in the last three years i have bred my greyhound killeacle rena.1st mating was to bert great stud dog 2 become i 10 pups.

john marsden

bert and jane

sharon

colin and alison

chris

george and lynn

phil in cornwell

anthony pem 

andy meridith

mez

billyboy

gary farmer.

killeacle reni was bought by myself and andy  from hall green we raced her on the flapping tracks but she went lame so we retired her from racing with breeding in mind.

THE 10TH PUP IS WITH A MATE OF MINE CALLED ELLIOT AND RAN FIRST TIME AT PORTSMOTH IN WITH THE LUCHERS SHE LOOKS GREAT.

GARY :thumbsup:

gary farmer said:
GRAHAM PEM said:

john marsden

bert and jane

sharon

colin and alison

chris

george and lynn

phil in cornwell

anthony pem 

andy meridith

mez

billyboy

gary farmer.

THE 10TH PUP IS WITH A MATE OF MINE CALLED ELLIOT AND RAN FIRST TIME AT PORTSMOTH IN WITH THE LUCHERS SHE LOOKS GREAT.

GARY :thumbsup:

cheers gary

ALL TINKERMAN WADDLE OFF PUPS HAVE GONE TO RACING HOMES

AND 7 OUT OF 9 OF THE TINKERMAN X SEALTHE FLINT PUPS HAVE ALSO GONE THE RACING HOMES THE OUTHER TWO HAVE GONE TO VERY GOOD WORKING HOMES

RICHES PUPS CUTE AS YOU X TINKERMAN ARE STILL WITH ME 5 OUT OF THE TEN ARE SPOKEN FOR AND ALL HAVE GOOD HOMES AND JUST BECAUSE SOME MIGHT NOT SEE THE TRACK THAT DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE WITH BAD OWNERS

:cheers: GARY

sc racing is the best, and the amount off greyhound blood in a none ped, or the size of the dog, does not make it any better,

sadieandco said in an earlier post about to much use of small sprint greyhounds,

small greyhounds are not usually sprinters, but more elected, or known as stayers,

and regarding scrach handicaps for suprime run offs, jac's right, because westhoughton none ped track record belongs to a 40lbsc dog according to tony ..

and as milly said, you have to weigh things up on the day, the previous heat times, are not an accurate way off asuming a final outcome for a race..

and last off all, how would the nnwrf, or the bwra afford the winter bend meetings if there was no sc dogs ever there...

both need all the dogs they can get..big or small....

happy new year, and good luck to you all.....maurice.

greyhound (florance x wor john) 9 pups 05

deneside belle

crossford belle

as ya do

mai-zee-mu

sylvia

blue honcho

smokey blue

greyhound (ritchys) x simpson 7 pups 05

greyhound x bigland boy pups? 05

greyhound x come on trash pups ? 05

greyhound (tanyas) x aurora borealis pups 7 05

fatalis

bobyyalis

stoksleys lass

greyhound (betty) x hellbound pups ? 05

ebony warrior

sophies gift

sugar rush

muscle bound

greyhound (mick clarkes)x outbound pups? 05

skybound

greyhound (tanyas mates )x aurara boreolis pups ? 05

greyhound (penny) x oscars pride 10 pups 06

venture back

return to surrender-pet home

greyhound (taynas) x aurara boreolis pups ? 06

nemonemon

lil aurora

greyhound (Droopy's Kewell) x sugarfire pups 9 05

suagr sweet

sugar bebe

runaway

suagr daddy

pennysworth

storm warrior

mebs rosie

eddie

ollie

(Droopy's Kewell) to Sugar Fire pups 9 06

herself

hersister

tykwando

go two

frankie

greyhouns (fran burts) x nikitason pups 10 06

dead ringer

nikkiwhizz

shay

satin icon

greyhound (betty) x wonderwall pups 9 06

envy

elanor rigby

lulu

greyhound (g farmers) x stag possessed pups ? 06

greyhound (gramhams )x 2 becomes one pups 9 06

primus

gifted & black

on th ball

stag night dreams

greyhound (s bell) x strisland pups 8 06

avanger

heart stopper

tag heuer

dirty sanchez

greyhound ( malcomes) x master blaster pups 8 06

master cashel

greyhound (lees) x brookhill buddy pups 5 06

greyhound x wor john pups ? 06

brin

greyhound x bigland boy pups ? 06

amber dance

bigland lass

greyhound x cracked it pups 9 07

greyhound x wor john pups 10 07

greyhound x wor john pups ? 07

greyhound (florance) x the builder pups 9 07

greyhound (waddle off) x tinkerman pups 9 07

greyohund ((Droopy's Kewell) x jack the lad pups 10 07

greyhound (seal the flint) x tinkerman pups 10 07

greyhound x tinkerman richies pups 10 07

greyhound x aurara boreolis pups ? 07

m8

you can add what ived missed out

SugarMouse was out of Maisy Grey x Sugar Daddy,not a greyhound Dee.

milly said:
SugarMouse was out of Maisy Grey x Sugar Daddy,not a greyhound Dee.
i stand corrected Ive altered it....still be good if we can fill in the missing pups and how had what

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back