greyhound (florance) x the builder pups 9 07

greyhound (waddle off) x tinkerman pups 9 07

greyohund ((Droopy's Kewell) x jack the lad pups 10 07

greyhound (seal the flint) x tinkerman pups 10 07

greyhound x tinkerman richies pups 10 07

greyhound x aurara boreolis pups ? 07

m8

you can add what ived missed out

Greyhound (Los Titch) x Aurora Borealis 06 Swervin Mervyn sure a couple went to Ireland and the rest were sold over here to the lurcher folk :thumbsup:

sorry mick knew he was out of Greyhound x Aurora Borealis just didnt know which one

DENISE BAILEY said:
sorry mick knew he was out of Greyhound x Aurora Borealis just didnt know which one
No probs Dee ,Milo did line a few greyhound bitches! its just a shame a few more of the resulting pups haven't hit the track :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your goona be in trouble Dee :- " You've forgotten Maurices,Quick Silver(Murphy) out of Betty/Wonderwall pups :lol:

6 pups in Betty/Hellbound litter

3 pups in Greyhound/Outbound litter

Quote Greyhound ( Droopy's Kewell) x Sugar Firex

Greyhound (Big Connections) x Sugar Fire :thumbsup: This is the correct Greyhound for this litter.

Sugar Sweet x

Sugar Babe

Runawayx

Sugar Daddy

Pennysworth

Storm Warrior

Mebs Rosie

Eddie

Ollie

There was only 7 pups in this litter

Sugar Sweet was out of Sugar Fire x Zooka(A bitch owned by Dave Pullen )

(Milly x Tay)

Regarding Runaway,I've never heard of this dog :unsure: So if these 2 have been registered Dee,its the wrong breeding!

Geoff

Just been on BWRA database Geoff and Runaway 2 is up there 2006.Didn't Sugarfire go across another greyhound,but thought that was 2007

rodders said:
Just been on BWRA database Geoff and Runaway 2 is up there 2006.Didn't Sugarfire go across another greyhound,but thought that was 2007
I'll phone Jim when we get back from walking the dogs in all this snow and slush :lol: I do know he's just bred a litter to one of his greyhound bitches.

Geoff :thumbsup:

Could be the one sold on by Tommy and if so looks like that'll be racing too :thumbsup:

rodders said:
It says its Her Sister and Tykwondos litter
Her Sister (Josie) is Tykondo's litter sister :wacko: right let me put it this way, I gave Tay (who is now called Tye :wacko: ) to Chris & Rob and they registerd under the name of Tykwondo, this was the mating of Maggie (Droopy's Kewell x Sugar Fire) :lol:

I'm going back to bed now :wacko: :lol:

rodders said:
Could be the one sold on by Tommy and if so looks like that'll be racing too  :thumbsup:
That would be great :thumbsup: we can't wait to see her, if that's the black bitch we sold to Tommy & his mate :thumbsup:

Still gives us an idea of how many greyhounds have been breed over the past 3 years , and the number of pups that have not been seen or heard of

DENISE BAILEY said:
Still gives us an idea of how many greyhounds have been breed over the past 3 years , and the number of pups that have not been seen or heard of
Im not sure I know where you're trying to go with this Dee. I thought this was a thread to have some constructive conversation about scratch racing. Please forgive me if Ive got the wrong end of the stick but you're inference seems to be that some of the above breeders with greyhounds have been irresponsible or is there another point that you're trying to get across that Im just not seeing. Only it does seem that you're inferring that people should have some sort of justification for breeding with a greyhound and Im sure their reasons are the same as most other racers in that they want a pup or pups with that breeding.

Please believe me Im not trying to score points here, I dont breed myself and at present I race scratch but I dont believe that scratch racers should be made to feel that they have to justify their breeding choices when handicap racing doesnt have the same scrutiny, nor should it, this is not a handicap v scratch thing.

I just want to finish by saying that we have three whippets now, Perry, no limit scratch (looking forward to the new weight group coming in), Finlay who we think will be no limit scratch and Teddy whos too young yet to know. I love racing, all racing whatever the size of the racers, we have made some wonderful friends and enjoy our days out watching the dogs.

All the best

Marie

marielou said:
DENISE BAILEY said:
Im not sure I know where you're trying to go with this Dee. I thought this was a thread to have some constructive conversation about scratch racing. Please forgive me if Ive got the wrong end of the stick but you're inference seems to be that some of the above breeders with greyhounds have been irresponsible or is there another point that you're trying to get across that Im just not seeing. Only it does seem that you're inferring that people should have some sort of justification for breeding with a greyhound and Im sure their reasons are the same as most other racers in that they want a pup or pups with that breeding.

Please believe me Im not trying to score points here, I dont breed myself and at present I race scratch but I dont believe that scratch racers should be made to feel that they have to justify their breeding choices when handicap racing doesnt have the same scrutiny, nor should it, this is not a handicap v scratch thing.

I just want to finish by saying that we have three whippets now, Perry, no limit scratch (looking forward to the new weight group coming in), Finlay who we think will be no limit scratch and Teddy whos too young yet to know. I love racing, all racing whatever the size of the racers, we have made some wonderful friends and enjoy our days out watching the dogs.

All the best

Marie

I know where Dee is coming from and share her concerns about the number of pups bred and not only to greyhounds where are they all , I believe most bitch owners like Dee and myself keep track on where the pups they have bred go to the extent that they come back to us if they are to be rehomed but not everyone does

The heading on this topic is scratch racing / breeding I think this should have been a topic all on its own under the heading indiscriminate breeding.

I have no objection to breeding with greyhounds my own scratch dogs from the past WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE, HUNKY DORA from our own greyhound OAKLAWN VIEW and CHICANE out of LADY MIDMIGHT ghd bred by Malcolm Clark along with the smaller dogs we have bred over the past 40 years I know where all their siblings and offsprings are and where those that have gone over rainbow bridge ended their days

Thanks for clarifying Dee, sometimes I need things spelling out a bit we're still very new in this. :D

To demonstrate one of your points Perry, (Dodgy Chaser) is out of Trevors ChaserxTwo Become One and you have to go back 3 generations to find a greyhound but he races No limit scratch, Finlay, grandparent is a greyhound will also be no limit but Teddy from Geoff and Hazels latest litter, dam is greyhound could very well end up racing in the handicap (w00t)

All the best

Marie

No Probs its probably the way i put it down on paper...i seem to be having problems writing what i mean of late...do you reckon is old age creeping in

2540469857.jpg

DENISE BAILEY said:
No Probs its probably the way i put it down on paper...i seem to be having problems writing what i mean of late...do you reckon is old age creeping in

Ask John Meades Dee he is OLD!!!!!

Steve

sherry said:
156 views and nobody has an opinion?????????
As i raced some years ago! during the 60s up untill the early 90s i always found a mixture of reactions to "scratch racing" you had the "purist" point of view that anything over 30lb was deemed to be getting to be more like a greyhound or a lurcher! on the other hand there was always a great deal of interest when i raced at coxlodge and westerhope when they had "match" races sometimes having greyhounds pitted against good club scratch dogs of the day! during the late 80s and the early 90s the amount of no limit racing seemed to have reached some kind of peak! the dogs of the time were up against each other on a weekly basis! namely dogs like- helens boy-cm-bi carb-slipper- nikita-my own dog woodman and various others! my only problem at the time was that there seemed to be and endless supply of whippet greyhound pups for sale most who never made the grade and were never seen again! i know we cant dictate how a litter turns out but i preferred to see more selective breeding rather than the kind of "lets hope" attitude!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back