The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shanes Castle Game Fair Racingday

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi'a folks. Did this not start about a whippet lol. As I don't hav internet up and running yet. Iys took nearly 2 hours ta read thru 6 pages of this argument hahaha. I'd almost 4got about the whippet argument, and got lost a few times along the way. I've just spent the last 3 days. Going thru and editing over 1400 photo's of this years N I game fair. Little did I know what I was in for. Wen asked to take the job on. But as u all lnow. I've semi retired from racing and showing. As my daughter Kirsty has thankfully taken over the reigns. I am now more interested in capturing moments of magic, than making them happen, with my dogs. Since I 1st started racing in 1989, or was it 87. I've seen and owned some very very fast dogs. Never has there, until now. Been a reward for all the hours, week, months and years. Of breeding, rearing, training and. Partisapating. In a sport that I dearly loved, for so many years. But it all must end at a stage in one's life. When we are no longer capable of doing things like we we're able. There is now a hunger like never before. 2 start all over again. But all this hassle is just going to put things back to where we where 20 years ago.when we we're having arguments,n about arguments. All game fair organisers, seem to be doing their utmost best. To improve thje quality, and quantity, of lurcher and Terrier shows, throughout Ireland. With prizefunds, unheard off in the whole of the UK. Let alone our tiny wee place on the atlas. We no longer seem to b stuck in some weecorner, and looked upon as Gypsie's. As this is what we we're once classed as. (FACT) let's all try and help each other along the paths of success. And not knock each other for what can omly be the better of our sport. I would like to think that if I'm ever lucky enough to see 1 of my Grandchildren grow up. That Master McGrath, can be etched in their memories too. Through Alberts efforts, and the many others who hav made their show's qualifiers for it. There is nothing to stop other game fair organisers doing the same. Or hav wee forgot dog legends like Mick The Miller. Who hangs on my wall at home. I hav probibly traveled more miles than anyone in this country,over the last 25 years, to attend lurcher shows. I hope my kids and grandkids can and will do the same. Its with the help of all the show and game fair organisers, that they can try to carry on the success that I've had for so many years. So thankyou to all of you. Because at times unknown to. You all. Its wat kept me going, when lifes harder and devastating times, we're telling me other things. So for sports sake. Can we all just try 2 live as 1 big happy bunch off . Well I'll let you all think of a name. Then maybe we can race for it, next year hahaha. Aye. A know. Am a mad owl ****, who likes tey wright essay's lol. N all on a flipn phone too, hahaha. By the way Albert. Those will b on their way in the next day r 2.

Hi'a folks. Did this not start about a whippet lol. As I don't hav internet up and running yet. Iys took nearly 2 hours ta read thru 6 pages of this argument hahaha. I'd almost 4got about the whippet argument, and got lost a few times along the way. I've just spent the last 3 days. Going thru and editing over 1400 photo's of this years N I game fair. Little did I know what I was in for. Wen asked to take the job on. But as u all lnow. I've semi retired from racing and showing. As my daughter Kirsty has thankfully taken over the reigns. I am now more interested in capturing moments of magic, than making them happen, with my dogs. Since I 1st started racing in 1989, or was it 87. I've seen and owned some very very fast dogs. Never has there, until now. Been a reward for all the hours, week, months and years. Of breeding, rearing, training and. Partisapating. In a sport that I dearly loved, for so many years. But it all must end at a stage in one's life. When we are no longer capable of doing things like we we're able. There is now a hunger like never before. 2 start all over again. But all this hassle is just going to put things back to where we where 20 years ago.when we we're having arguments,n about arguments. All game fair organisers, seem to be doing their utmost best. To improve thje quality, and quantity, of lurcher and Terrier shows, throughout Ireland. With prizefunds, unheard off in the whole of the UK. Let alone our tiny wee place on the atlas. We no longer seem to b stuck in some weecorner, and looked upon as Gypsie's. As this is what we we're once classed as. (FACT) let's all try and help each other along the paths of success. And not knock each other for what can omly be the better of our sport. I would like to think that if I'm ever lucky enough to see 1 of my Grandchildren grow up. That Master McGrath, can be etched in their memories too. Through Alberts efforts, and the many others who hav made their show's qualifiers for it. There is nothing to stop other game fair organisers doing the same. Or hav wee forgot dog legends like Mick The Miller. Who hangs on my wall at home. I hav probibly traveled more miles than anyone in this country,over the last 25 years, to attend lurcher shows. I hope my kids and grandkids can and will do the same. Its with the help of all the show and game fair organisers, that they can try to carry on the success that I've had for so many years. So thankyou to all of you. Because at times unknown to. You all. Its wat kept me going, when lifes harder and devastating times, we're telling me other things. So for sports sake. Can we all just try 2 live as 1 big happy bunch off . Well I'll let you all think of a name. Then maybe we can race for it, next year hahaha. Aye. A know. Am a mad owl ****, who likes tey wright essay's lol. N all on a flipn phone too, hahaha. By the way Albert. Those will b on their way in the next day r 2..
Just one other thing I'd like to add here. And I hope this is benificial to all who will race at shane's in the years 2 come. There is a bad dip as we all know, about 2/3 of the way up the race track. Over the years I hav whitnesses and hav had, some very good dogs injured, wen they hit the dip mid stride. Because wen this happens. The ground that was once on a level the whole way up the field. Is sudenly not there anymore. Its 2 us. Like stepping out a door, and not knowing there is a step below our foot. Wee all know how this turns out. But seriosly. If this dip could in some way b filled in. It would save some poor bugger a load of heart break, and some poor dog. A load of pain. Also, if the rope dodnt follow the contours of the fence on the far side of the track, and was just run straight. It would do away with the small corner that seems tp prevent everyone seeing the race from start to finosh. It wud also prevent everyone from pushing the retaining rope way out into the track, and therefor blocking quite a few people at the top end, from seeing the dogs till they are over half way up the field. I know this only too well. Which is y I now cross to the other side to get my racing photo's.. As the. Camera focus's on the closest thing to it. Which is usualy a bunch of people who hav pushed themselve's almost a third of the way across the track.this also impedes some of the dogs who are following a direct line, up the race track. This is nothing that has anything to do with the way things are run. It is not intended to b any kind of critisism. Just a few points that would be worth looking at. As I've has a veryy very good bitch injured at Ballywalter this year, and my daughters main hope for this seasons racing breaking 3 toes in her back foot. I wudnt want to see anyone elses dogs suffer like they hav. Plus its not only the dogs safety that we need to b worried about. There are a lot of inexpeirienced people along that rope. Especialy wee children. Sorry. Just thot these 2 things couls b looked at. As safety aspects, of lurcher racing.

Billy.

Hi'a folks. Did this not start about a whippet lol. As I don't hav internet up and running yet. Iys took nearly 2 hours ta read thru 6 pages of this argument hahaha. I'd almost 4got about the whippet argument, and got lost a few times along the way. I've just spent the last 3 days. Going thru and editing over 1400 photo's of this years N I game fair. Little did I know what I was in for. Wen asked to take the job on. But as u all lnow. I've semi retired from racing and showing. As my daughter Kirsty has thankfully taken over the reigns. I am now more interested in capturing moments of magic, than making them happen, with my dogs. Since I 1st started racing in 1989, or was it 87. I've seen and owned some very very fast dogs. Never has there, until now. Been a reward for all the hours, week, months and years. Of breeding, rearing, training and. Partisapating. In a sport that I dearly loved, for so many years. But it all must end at a stage in one's life. When we are no longer capable of doing things like we we're able. There is now a hunger like never before. 2 start all over again. But all this hassle is just going to put things back to where we where 20 years ago.when we we're having arguments,n about arguments. All game fair organisers, seem to be doing their utmost best. To improve thje quality, and quantity, of lurcher and Terrier shows, throughout Ireland. With prizefunds, unheard off in the whole of the UK. Let alone our tiny wee place on the atlas. We no longer seem to b stuck in some weecorner, and looked upon as Gypsie's. As this is what we we're once classed as. (FACT) let's all try and help each other along the paths of success. And not knock each other for what can omly be the better of our sport. I would like to think that if I'm ever lucky enough to see 1 of my Grandchildren grow up. That Master McGrath, can be etched in their memories too. Through Alberts efforts, and the many others who hav made their show's qualifiers for it. There is nothing to stop other game fair organisers doing the same. Or hav wee forgot dog legends like Mick The Miller. Who hangs on my wall at home. I hav probibly traveled more miles than anyone in this country,over the last 25 years, to attend lurcher shows. I hope my kids and grandkids can and will do the same. Its with the help of all the show and game fair organisers, that they can try to carry on the success that I've had for so many years. So thankyou to all of you. Because at times unknown to. You all. Its wat kept me going, when lifes harder and devastating times, we're telling me other things. So for sports sake. Can we all just try 2 live as 1 big happy bunch off . Well I'll let you all think of a name. Then maybe we can race for it, next year hahaha. Aye. A know. Am a mad owl ****, who likes tey wright essay's lol. N all on a flipn phone too, hahaha. By the way Albert. Those will b on their way in the next day r 2..
You a mad owl ****, never Billy :lol:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back