The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

She Is Here

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm so pleased she's home at last and safe and sound. She looks adorable :wub: (I think she looks like a Belle :- ) So glad that she's settling in already - best of luck with her :luck:

Jill

What a gorgeous girl , she looks settled with your others already :thumbsup: :)

She is beautiful :wub: So very pleased she has found her forever home where she will be safe and loved :thumbsup:

She looks very calm, also I do wonder if she is a greyhound / whippet, she is very greyhoundy in shape. What ever she is, she is a sweet heart and is now going to be cared for. Well done.

xxxx :wub:

She looks very calm, also I do wonder if she is a greyhound / whippet, she is very greyhoundy in shape. What ever she is, she is a sweet heart and is now going to be cared for. Well done.

xxxx :wub:

That photo of her resting her head against you made me well up. I'm turning into a right old softie :D I'm so happy she is safe with you. Please give her a special hug from me. :wub:

Vicky

x

well done for helping her, she looks lovely :wub:

So glad she arrived safe and sound. Well done Eve. I love that third photo of her with you petting her, its written all over her face she knows she is home now. :luck:

She has made herself right at home. At present she is ensconced in the main whippet bed, it sleeps 4! (on her own) . The others are all squeezed into the little bed. She obviously plans to be top whippet ;) That would actually be quite good because the Alpha position is presently occupied by Lilly who is far too nervous for that responsibility and it has been a problem over the last few months.

She has eaten a meal and seens totally at home. You would honestly believe she had been here for a week. She is a bit wary of my husband and my youngest son (24) who is at home for the evening.

The only real problem I forsee is that when we were out for a walk, I found 5 whippets quite a lot to manage. I am sure that I will get the hang of it in time. We are going to call her Bella. It is easier to call than Belle and it suits her.

I just cannot get over how much she has made herself at home and I am delighted that she feels comfortable if not totally relaxed.

I will keep everyone posted how she gets on at the vets on Monday. I just pray all goes OK.

Thanks to everyone for their best wishes

It's wonderful to hear that Bella has made herself so at home with you and your gang already.

I'm sure that you'll soon to juggle five whippets at walk times and in no time it'll be as if you were never a four dog house.

You're a star for taking her in and giving her a home where she can feel safe and relaxed

aww bless her she is gorgeous well done on giving her a sofa to call her own :huggles: :luck:

So pleased to hear Bella is settling in so well and feels at home already. :wub: :wub: Well done for giving this gorgeous girl a loving, caring home. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well done you Eve, absolutely smashing news for your new little whippet - she is utterly stunning, gorgeous markings. Well she looks extremely settled and happy with you already - big compliment to you :) Enjoy her loads, she will love her new life with you :thumbsup:

Glad she's made it safely and is settling in. Hope all goes well in the next few weeks. I love her new name. I can't help thinking there's a bit of greyhound in there too, but I've got greyhounds on the brain at the mo'.

Well I think she's bloomin' gorgeous!! :wub:

If you pushed me in a corner and asked me what I thought, I'd say she looks like a peddy that's got some non-ped in her or she's been a well worked working peddy whippet cos she's got some nice musculature on her. :thumbsup:

Walking 5 will be no bother, when you've got less they just mill around on the leads more which is probably what went on today. They soon get used to the routine. :thumbsup:

So glad she's settled in, hope you both have lots of happiness together, you both deserve it.

Bella had an excellent first night. She slept in an open crate in our bedroom and did not bother us at all. I heard the odd rustle from time to time but nothing else. She must have been tired though as she had a long 24 hours before arrival and the challenge of meeting a new pack. No accidents in the house, she is just amazing.

She really is a joy to have around. Begining to wonder if it is an act :unsure: :wub: Is any dog that perfect? :- :D

Glad to hear everything is going well :thumbsup:

If she has been around a lot of dogs before she will know how to behave towards them ;)

Bella had an excellent first night. She slept in an open crate in our bedroom and did not bother us at all. I heard the odd rustle from time to time but nothing else. She must have been tired though as she had a long 24 hours before arrival and the challenge of meeting a new pack. No accidents in the house, she is just amazing.She really is a joy to have around. Begining to wonder if it is an act :unsure: :wub: Is any dog that perfect? :- :D
Glad she's settling in well Eve :) You don't need me to tell you though that early days in the new house rescue's are often quieter than they will be when they start to really feel at home ... hope she stays angelic for you, she looks a poppet :))

Am so glad Bella was good for you last night and has seemingly settled quite easily. :wub: Tilly was a rescue and was as easy as Bella is and has remained so. Wonderful temperament, a star in the house, great with other dogs and cats - what else can you ask for? Well, in Tilly's case, some semblence of a recall !! :wacko: :teehee: I'm sure she'll carry on being just

as angelic o:) :))

That's great news Eve that Bella's first night has went so well :)) She probably can't believe how lucky she is to have landed in such a nice new home with such a caring owner :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back