The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Shirebrook Leger

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
A big well done to Karen and the girls :thumbsup: you must have been on cloud 9 :thumbsup:

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND BIG WELL DONE KAREN AND GIRLS HE RAN BRILL FOR YOU AND ALL THE OTHER DOGS THAT TOOK PART. THERE WERE SOME GREAT RACES. ALWAYS MADE WELCOME AT THIS CLUB. WELL DONE ALL THE WORKERS WHO MADE IT GO LIKE CLOCKWORK AND OF COURSE LYNDEN ON THE MIC. LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEARS EVENTS AT SHIREBROOK :thumbsup:

had a great weekend and was home by 6pm tonight lovely. some very good races over the last two days and i believe the camera was called on quite a few times. todays final was the best race ive seen this year 4 top quality animals and @ 2ft per 1lb it read like it shud b anyones race and i have to say the spectators werent dissapointed with all 4 dogs practically goin over the line together. congratz to the supreme winner never say never (ive always liked this dog and about the same age as my whizz babies too) and well done to the other 3 as well. the supreme scratch was also a cracking race neck and neck all the way 3/4 of the way up where we were sitting it was still anyones race brilliant. well done to the eventual winner stay out. the puppy winner north b4 south looking very impressive with a strong finish. dont think ive seen much of the supreme veteran winner full song she ran very well. the yearling race was another good one with my classical beauty the victor well done. well done to everyone involved in this open and well done to all the winners and anyone taking part. we shud all b very proud of ourselves.
Well done with your whizz baby Carole, she's getting better with every run :thumbsup: :luck:

thanks shirerbrook you did whippet racing proud last week poolsbrook this week shirebrook ,,,,welldone to karen and the girls your dog ran superb and to all the workers ,it was the best final this year great for the public to watch

Last edited by a moderator:
well done the shirebrook team had a good weekend to end our holiday even the dogs ran better this weekend

some great racing and the camera had to be called for a quite a few times

will be back next year anybody who missed this event should be there next year

cheers jim grace and jamie

Well done to the shirebrook team for putting a great weekend of racing on,the staff in the club,and the cafe you all did whippet racing proud.

Thank you chiefous and nannan for my new game skylanders love you lots from Bobby xx

Izzy said thank you too for her new hello kitty all in one pjs she just fell in love with them and was having nothing else haha xxx

just like to say thankyou to all workers and all sponsors what can i say but you all was great from from pre race preparation to on the day goerge and karen for scratch sponsor :thumbsup: good of you both and to say you will be happy to do next year well that says alot. me for pups and ray and rae for throphy and all raffle goodies :thumbsup: for throphy :thumbsup: karen ,kim sadie for yearlings :thumbsup: alison and colin lovely throphys :thumbsup: rickys also :thumbsup: :thumbsup: tams lovely supreme was great ,caroles too great gordon :thumbsup: thanks for lure both days and lovely throphy. gary and dee throphy and sponsor money for vets and all youre work re fencing and re gates and caravan money taking making our lifes easier thanks :thumbsup: lyndon om mic great as always you booked for all next year ;) steve and karen boyd for throphys, about time we seen you two at shirebrook 1st drinks on me :thumbsup: mick of gems for letting use youre genie thanks :thumbsup: and all lure on both days tom and ritches and amanda girls sorry forgot youre names :* ritchie :thumbsup: midway judging tough job that :thumbsup: amanda hard selling raffle and card selling :thumbsup: lenny for use of pa system youre a star coming over and setting it up thanks :thumbsup: also tony what a star on traps :thumbsup: thats great when hes on traps as you know he sorts marks and never have to think off that end :thumbsup: onto to you racers well i think you all did whippet racing proud its nice to have such great sports people racing whippets, so theres a 1st no complaints.racing was great got thro some battries on cam that shows how great racing was, jac thanks for youre skills on pics, aint seen them yet but we all know they be great. what a final dont think any race could ever be better. infact all racers and runners did us proud,and what can i say LWB you ran great. im sure id missed some sponsor or worker off if so sorry :thumbsup:

Ok this should be my last list for the Shirebrook Leger for 2012! I would just like to thank all the people who contributed to the running and organising of this our first Leger, here goes hope I don't forget anyone and if I do I apologise unreservedly in advance. Firstly the sponsors and the people who donated money and trophies if i do say so myself the table looked lovely the trophies on show did us proud, all the people who donated raffle prizes was much appreciated :)) Tony and Lee on the traps for the two days you did a sterling job, Rich middle line judge both days, Mand for raffles and getting the money out of everyone for the two £50.00 draws, Gordon on lure, Gary and John for helping out both days on the line, Lenny Richardson for the loan of the PA system, Mick and Vicky (gems) use of generator, the now sought after Mr Lyndon Gilbert for his commentating skills over the two days, keeping us all informed and entertained, Chris clerk of the course (lure, camera, PA and judging when each of us in our turns were running dogs etc.), our lure kids, Tom, Kelsey and Caitlin, the whole Shirebrook Staff Club team for making everyone so welcome, the staff in the cafe, Jackie for coming and taking pictures for us on Sunday, thanks to all who came raced their dogs and those who just came to spectate, with out all of YOU it wouldn't have been the success that it was.

That's me done I think and one last thank you to our special little white b...... made it one we wont forget, he ran his heart out and stood on the podium for real (bless him) :wub:

What can I say whats the saying 'great minds think alike' :thumbsup: ( team work ) lol

I'd like to say well done to all winners and losers at Shirebrooks first ledger a great weekend was had by all, there was some cracking racing and close finishes but everything ran like clockwork, A credit to all staff at shirebrook who worked hard over the weekend, and good luck to continuing

ledgers and sponserships, it's hard work but worth it in the end.

see you all soon

jane.xx

Was gonna write an epic,but that mate of mine just comes along and copies it(write your own Yvonne lol)Just reading yours and Chris's posts Karen,shows how much you wanted the weekend to be a success,and it sooooo was.Congratulations to you all on pulling off what i'm sure will go on to be an annual event,that we all look forward to.Congratulations to all the winners of the weekend.If you managed to stand your dog on the podium,you knew they had really earned the right to stand there.All the "Oooos" and "Arrrs" when the dogs ran up the track,and the pics (Had a look on FB Jac,they are brill)said it all.It's not very often that George comes racing,he said to pass on his congrats to everybody,he really enjoyed the weekend too.Can't sign off before thanking Shirebrook Staff.Shirebrook WRC are so lucky to have your great support.

well done all the winners and a big well done karen hope its 1st of many for you :thumbsup:

what a fantastic weekend of racing THE SHIREBROOK LEDGER and long may it continue, Thanks to all the Shirebrook team and the Shirebrook social club for staging the event you all put a lot of effort into getting this event off the ground and making it the siccess it was also thanks to everyone who mucked in to help,

Congratulations to all the winners and Well done to all those who took part some really close finishing none moreso than the supreme final

roll on next year :thumbsup:

my only downside was I had nowt to run as IZZY and DUFFY both had a couple of niggles from the champs :(

lovely write up chris and karen and all nice comments about this event i would love to help you out next year chris at what i think could become huge event every year and right direction for whippet racing getting over 100 dogs at events i not been to lots of events this year but its nice see lot clubs really trying hard at there opens to put good show on this year long may it continue makes for good future for whippet racing

brilliant weekend or should i say 10 days well done the shirebrook team from the club com to the whippet club all did a great job im sure its the start of a masive event

Congratulations to all the workers,competitors and spectators

Elaine

Well done to Shirebrook wrc & social club for all their hard work. It was certainly worth it as the weekend was a great success. There were great races, some of which couldn't have been closer. Well done to all racers, especially the main Leger finalists. Looking forward to next year :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back