The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sick Lab

nickeng

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm hoping someone can help me as it's 2am and my dog is whining.

He went through the dustbins this morning, and amongst other things, ate a bag of pine seeds that I threw out of the cupboard as they were full of ants.

As we're having an ant problem in the house, I threw out the bag, and as I didn't want them crawling out, I sprayed in the bin with some Baygon ant killer. This was about 4pm on Friday.

We later threw out some bags that had had raw fish from the supermarket in the same bag, which then went in the bin on Friday night.

Max went through all of this on Saturday morning.

Could the Baygon still be toxic, and if so, what on earth should I do?

He looks healthy enough, is walking ok, but is just whining. He also wet in the house this evening, which is not normal.

If anyone has any tips, I'd be grateful, as I can't find anything on the net.

dont risk it get to a vet theres allsort that could oues him ptoblems in the bag not just the ant kiler so go now

Let us know how you get on :thumbsup: Good Luck :luck:

thanks everyone. will go first thing in the morning.

will let you know.

could you not at least phone a vet now and go in the morning

If you think that there is any chance that your dog has been poisoned then get him to the vets now. In the morning he might be dead.

Just to add. If you phone them and tell them what the dog is like and your worries about him having eaten poison then they can advise you over the phone. Better be safe than sorry in my book.

Since I've been up, he's stopped whining, he's wagging his tail when I'm with him, and seems pretty ok.

It's been well over 12 hours since he went through the bin now, and as it's 3.30am, I think I'm just going to wait to call the vet first thing in the morning. Knowing the vet (and they are our regular vet), I'm sure they'll just say bring him in 1st thing anyway.

I'll keep you all posted, and thankyou for your help.

Baygon is definitely long lasting toxin. But i would expect your dog is most likely sick from some thing else he ate there. Look on the can of Baygon what to do in case of poisoning.

hope he is OK :luck: :luck: :luck:

Lida

Good Luck :luck: hope things are better this morning :thumbsup:

just wondering if anyone knows what happend to this dog ???

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back