The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Silas' First Weekend In New Home

WhipItDevo

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I heard puppy updates were welcome so here's a few photos from sad to poser and on to cow killing...

DSCF0890.JPG

DSCF0897.JPG

DSCF0932.JPG

DSCF0906.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
He's such a frail little thing I can barely imagine what his adult self will look like, except this one shot where I can imagine him becoming quite a compact but athletic little fella:

DSCF0882.JPG

He looks a very nice puppy indeed, they change so quickly

Silas is gorgeous :wub:

I love the third photo - what a little face :lol:

Beautiful! :wub: :wub: :wub: is there anything as gorgeous as a Whippet puppy? Thank you for sharing; little Silas looks like butter wouldn't melt :))

Gill

He might be unable to melt butter with his mouth, but he's having a good go at dissolving my floor instead...

Oh, I can't believe that, LOL! It must be someone else in your house who is chewing things ...

Puppies, eh! :lol:

Oh, I just love those eyes! - Yummy yummy little pup!

Looks like he's settling in and training you up pretty well!

Thanks for sharing. :))

Silas is lovely and the same colourings as my boy. It is difficult to imagine how they will look when they have grown but you must take lots of photos as he is growing as it is amazing how they change from the cute fragile looking puppy to the beautiful specimens that they are :wub: then you will never tire of looking at him! Good luck with him :luck:

Puppy pics are not so much welcome as compulsory! :thumbsup: He is so gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: Keep them coming :D

He's gorgeous :wub: and I'm a sucker for a mask so love his facial markings. He does look tiny but then we forget how small our puppies were and how fast they grow. Enjoy him, they change so quickly.

Silas is adorable :wub:

Very similar colouring to my little Daisy.

I happened to notice in one of the photos that his nails could do with a trim.

The breeder should have done this before you collected him.

Regular nail clipping will stop the quicks growing to long which makes trimming more difficuilt.

Starting wihile he is young means that the nails are a bit softer and easier for you both as you learn how to do it.

It is a good idea to get him used to having his nails trimmed while he is still young.

Well spotted!! I ordered some clippers as soon as I got him home, they arrived yesterday and I did them all (after pics were taken) with no fuss until the last 3 when I think he got bored.

He's a lot less dangerous to hold now!

The breeder did mention them, but didn't do them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my, look at that little face :wub: He is absolutely gorgeous. Keep the pics coming!

Lovely lad. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing these lovely pics with us.Your little fella is gorgeous.Cool post name ,I take it you are a fan of the mighty Devo.

Well yeah, I like them and it was just one of those moments where you do a quick mental word association game as you're looking at the box asking you to come up with a username. "nickandsilas" would probably be more sensible, but the song arrived in my head first. I've seen the odd whippet called Devo online!

Silas is a gorgeous looking little fellow. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: I love his markings. :thumbsup: Glad he is settling in well. We can never have too many photos of whippet puppies. :) :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back