The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Some Help

T28

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Just new to the forum and im looking for some help with my new dog.

Its a collie crossed with a whippet, shes 9 weeks old and a wee cracker but how can i get her to stop chewing at my ankles.

I only got her on Sunday and know shes only playing when shes doing.

The only way i can get her to stop is ditract her with a toy.

Any help is appreciated.

Davie

hello and welcome to k9 give it a little time somone will eventualy come along that can help .do u have any pics of ur puppy ? :)

Does she do this all the time or just when you are on stairs? Izzy (whippet) used to swing on the bottom of my trousers on the stairs....

I just persevered gently removing her and saying a firm "no" and it did stop after a few months. It was just playfulness.

:luck: Good luck & welcome to K9. :))

We had Meg as a Pup in the Summer. She was forever biting my toes with her sharp needle teeth, just when I least expected it (Like hanging the washing out) She also did this to guests :lol:

She is a year old now and has stopped this antisocial behaviour :)

I guess you will have to wait several months for a puppy to, well, stop being a puppy ;)

My advice would be to ignore this ankle chewing but be quick to play when she is being good, she will soon learn.

We'd love to see some pics :thumbsup:

Some pics of Nico

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

:wub: look at that little face o:) she is gorguse :huggles:

She is adorable, I'm in love! :wub:

Welcome to K9 your pup is :wub: am sure she will settle down soon :thumbsup: just try to distract her with a toy or a firm NO good luck :luck:

welcome to k9, she sounds like a normal puppy, eventually she'll grow out of it.

She's got a beautiful face o:)

OMG she's adorable :wub:

Probably chewing your ankles will be the least of your problems soon (w00t)

Good luck with her, she really is lovely :wub:

She is beautiful :wub: . Biting is normal puppy behaviour, she also needs to bite to exercise her jaws and to cut her secound teeth. Distracting her with toy is a good way to handle it. However, if she gets too excited stop playing and calm her down. She needs to understand that biting you, even in game is not acceptable. :cheers: :luck: :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
She's lovely. :wub:

Don't think I can add anything to the great advice you've had so far :thumbsup:

Welcome to K9. :cheers: Your little girl is really gorgeous. :wub: :wub: :wub:

I agree with the advice already given, :thumbsup: and I am sure she will grow out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back