The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Something Different

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Think some people are getting mixed up. This isn't about the weather its about football still being played on Swallownest. The NNWRF do a great job getting the track ready for easter when the football is finished but how do they do it when the football's still going on. After all it's not the camping thats important but the safey of the dogs. Just my opinion.

As Sharon has said we would need a track that didn't interfere with the football league, as easter is a month early next year...newton aycliffe have the league still on then

It also worries me what the ground /weather is going to be like in march

As the tent only had 3 bedrooms Fleesh I will leave it up to your imagination :- " :- " ...............but it was in excess of 10 :blink: ( 9 of them in his imagination (w00t) )

well we dont mind that place as that is where we walk our dogs every day :D :D if anyone here wants to camp there it is fantastic and the pub is great :- " :D :cheers: not that i would know of coarse :- " dont forget about Bury market that is within walking distance voted the best market in the uk home of the black pudding (it will save me bringing some with me for people ....rob ,pauline :D )and the kettle is always on here :D :D :D :D :D

(AND NO FLIPPIN FOOTBALL PITCH IN SITE )

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
yup from me and the lads over here ! :thumbsup:

"scruffy lurcher brigade"

CAN VICKY AND THE GANG NOT PUT IT ON AT A&T MINERS OR HAVE THEY GOT A PITCH ON THERE AS WELL? JUST AN IDEAR

If it came to that I suppose any track that didn't have football, could be the new venue

Here is the calender for the last 2 years and what the forthcoming year looks like it might help people understand the situation a bit better

_____

5th March - NNWRF BEND DERBY bend

12th March - BWRA TYRONE bend

2nd April - BWRA BEND CH bend

15/16th April - NNWRF EASTER CLASSIC - straight

_____

4th March - NNWRF BEND DERBY bend

11th March - BWRA TYRONE bend

25th March - BWRA BEND CH bend

7/8th April - NNWRF EASTER CLASSIC straight

_____

2nd March - NNWRF BEND DERBY bend

9th March - BWRA TYRONE bend

22/23rd March - NNWRF EASTER CLASIC straight

30th March - BWRA BEND CH bend

We come across this situation every 3/4 years because easter falls on a different date each year , the main problem being the football season. The easter holiday 2008 is too early for Swallownest , Newton Aycliffe and A/T/ Miners

Regarding Swallownest we do hope to eventually have our own permanent track as agreed with the club but it won't be ready for 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the BWRA bend champs are only a week after easter will we not get loads missing this open if it is on the straights to keep there dogs on the bends?

m warren said:
If the BWRA bend champs are only a week after easter will we not get loads missing this open if it is on the straights to keep there dogs on the bends?
MUST POINT OUT the BWRA have not arranged their dates yet but the dates I have put on are where they usually fall wether or not that date could be moved forward not sure , could be too early would mean the BWRA BEND CH going to 16th March

Alot more pepole prefer to race on straights than the bends. With this in mind why not approach Devon to see if we could put the easter classic on there. im sure the climate will be warmer there than here in the north :cheers:

I too prefer the straight john , but think Devon will be far far south for a weekend event

Yeh i know what you mean Dee, but it would give those who maybe cannot get up north for the English derby a chance to race over a weekend :))

I think it's an awkward one whichever way you do it, i personally don't like running mine the week before the champs and i think that's the same for a lot of people, didn't realise it landed the week before the bend champs :(

Don't think 2008 dates are sorted yet...hope we can all work together to come up with the best compromise , and easter weekend is not wasted

prefer straights myself but easter is very early next year and it may be a good idea in-fact i wish it was time for straights to just be starting now :D

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back