The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Something Different

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Vicky said:
I think it's an awkward one whichever way you do it, i personally don't like running mine the week before the champs and i think that's the same for a lot of people, didn't realise it landed the week before the bend champs :(
can see what you mean Vicky but dont really think it makes any difference Must be magic Maizy moo Made your point all did really well from our club and ran on the straights the week before

:blink: maybe john, we still wont be running the week before champs.

weathergirls said:
This is just something we are thinking about  and would like some feedback on from the  N.N.W.R.F. members
    As easter falls on a different date each year it is early in March 2008 we may struggle to get Swallownest track ready  for the N.N.W.R.F. EASTER CLASSIC so we are considering WOULD it work  holding a 2 day event on the bends, it has been done before a long time ago at Easington. If successful it could be alternated each year from bend to straight

It would be run as normal up to classes on day 1 and semi's, finals and cons on day 2.

The track I am thinking of is WESTHOUGHTON it does have a large car park which could accommodate caravans

~~~~~~~~~ what do you think constructive comments only please~~~~~~~~~

we have 2 stadiums WESTHOUGHTON and HIGHGATE who are both willing to hold this event if it goes ahead

WESTHOUGHTON can accomodate caravans on the car park

HIGHGATE can arrange for camping on the shooting range which lies to the rear of the track

the choices as to wether it goes ahead and where it will be held will be down to what the majority of the members want. We will be having a members meeting hopefully in the next few weeks to update you on the other matter in hand.

weathergirls said:
weathergirls said:
This is just something we are thinking about  and would like some feedback on from the  N.N.W.R.F. members
    As easter falls on a different date each year it is early in March 2008 we may struggle to get Swallownest track ready  for the N.N.W.R.F. EASTER CLASSIC so we are considering WOULD it work  holding a 2 day event on the bends, it has been done before a long time ago at Easington. If successful it could be alternated each year from bend to straight

It would be run as normal up to classes on day 1 and semi's, finals and cons on day 2.

The track I am thinking of is WESTHOUGHTON it does have a large car park which could accommodate caravans

~~~~~~~~~ what do you think constructive comments only please~~~~~~~~~

we have 2 stadiums WESTHOUGHTON and HIGHGATE who are both willing to hold this event if it goes ahead

WESTHOUGHTON can accomodate caravans on the car park

HIGHGATE can arrange for camping on the shooting range which lies to the rear of the track

the choices as to wether it goes ahead and where it will be held will be down to what the majority of the members want. We will be having a members meeting hopefully in the next few weeks to update you on the other matter in hand.

Shooting range (w00t) I'll pass on the camping Linda if its at Highgate :blink:

monkeyshooting.gif

If it is at West houghton i will have to butter up my mate Boydy and see if he will put me up in his hedge bottom for a night or two, waiting for the wise cracks steve

Ooooh :eek: Imagine the hangovers if it were at Wessy :b

Mr Meades your more than welcome to come and spend a few days with us any time i am sure the Goats won't mind ---or the ferrets

steve

Last edited by a moderator:
i would just like to say that i normally celebrate my birthday at this weekend event and i really enjoy it. in the same hand i havnt trained roger on the bends yet, i know theres plenty of time. it wont be the same if its on the bends it really wont and i wont come if its on the bends

kate xxx 8)

Just a thought but if the people who run their dogs on the bends dont want to run them week before champs as some people have said then surely it would have to be straights at least then peolple who dont run bends can attend and race.

Just my opinion but it wouldnt matter if it was bend racing or straight racing people wanting to run at bend champs wont be racing anyway so you would more than likely get a better turn out at a straight event with decent camping ( dont think many people keen on camping in car park or shooting range).

Valerie

stormy weathers said:
Just a thought but if the people who run their dogs on the bends dont want to run them week before champs as some people have said then surely it would have to be straights at least then peolple who dont run bends can attend and race.
Just my opinion but it wouldnt matter if it was bend racing or straight racing people wanting to run at bend champs wont be racing anyway so you would more than likely get a better turn out at a straight event with decent camping ( dont think many people keen on camping in car park or shooting range).

Valerie

BWRA championship dates have not been set yet so if we can all work together sensibly that can be sorted

2006 and 2007 easter fell in mid april and it was a problem trying to get swallownest anywhere near fit to run on 2008 it falls in 20th march can't see anywhere that could accommodate a weekend straight event at this time but we are still looking, whilst not everyone races both bend and straight I think the biggest majority do this is one of the topics on the agenda for the members meeting on Sunday 20th October

ANOTHER STRAIGHTS GOING TO THE BENDS.AND ITS THE START OF THE STRAIGHT SEASON SO THEM PEOPLE THATS BEEN RUNNING THERE DOGS/BITCHES ON THE BENDS WILL BE STARTING TO GET THEM READY FOR THE STARIGHTS ANYWAYS.

THECAP said:
ANOTHER STRAIGHTS GOING TO THE BENDS.AND ITS THE START OF THE STRAIGHT SEASON  SO THEM PEOPLE THATS BEEN RUNNING THERE DOGS/BITCHES ON THE BENDS WILL BE STARTING TO GET THEM READY FOR THE STARIGHTS ANYWAYS.
where you coming from ANOTHER str going to the bends and when has the bend season started in mid march no one can alter when easter falls and a little common sense is called for occasionally if you are a member of the NNWRF you are welcome to put your points and vote forward at the members meeting until then there is nothing definate

Whilst we try our best we can't work MIRACLES

where you coming from ANOTHER str going to the bends and when has the bend season started in mid march no one can alter when easter falls and a little common sense is called for occasionally if you are a member of the NNWRF you are welcome to put your points and vote forward at the members meeting until then there is nothing definate

Whilst we try our best we can't work MIRACLES

Thats odd Linda why cant you change when Easter falls :eek: thats like the one i had this week - i work in school and unfortunately this year the kids will be in school for Halloween the holidays fall differently - i was asked if we could change the date of Halloween :blink: so if i'm expected to change Halloween - Easter should be easy for you :teehee: :teehee:

WAS'NT THE FREEMAN OPEN A STRAIGHTS OPEN AT ONE POINT ??????????

Dont know Sue but it was mainly run at Worcester on the straight because worcester could easily get the 200 yards.

Always been a good event for a good cause as well and sponsored by a very nice lady indeed.

john m said:
Dont know Sue but it was mainly run at Worcester on the straight because worcester could easily get the 200 yards.Always been a good event for a good cause as well and sponsored by a very nice lady indeed.

it was on straights last year and bends in 2005 so alternates each year :thumbsup:

john m said:
Dont know Sue but it was mainly run at Worcester on the straight because worcester could easily get the 200 yards.Always been a good event for a good cause as well and sponsored by a very nice lady indeed.

Yes john i totally agree but ive only known it to be run on the straights, and i remeber you being there when chaz won it at i3 months old sue

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back