The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Spillers Progress.

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Spiller - still looking oh so beautiful :wub: :wub: :wub: - if you ever decide you don't want him (as if!) - please pass him my way! :lol: :wub: :huggles:

:cheers: Well done Spiller handsome boy :cheers: :wub: :wub:

debbiem said:
Hi,
New member here.

Love all the pictures, We are going to pick up our whippet puppy (bitch) in a couple of weeks. Never had a dog before so lots of things to find out, but Im glad to find someone who has chickens aswell. We have 5; 2 large Welsummers, 2 smaller hybrids and a white Sussex star. Should I keep them shut in their run at the end of the garden when we first bring the puppy home? ( they normally have the run of the garden), how is it best to introduce them?

Welcome to K9 :cheers: good luck with your new puppy, I think there a few more people on K9 with chickens and other birds :thumbsup: sorry I've no advice regarding introductions but I'm sure someone will advise :D

debbiem said:
Hi,
New member here.

Love all the pictures, We are going to pick up our whippet puppy (bitch) in a couple of weeks. Never had a dog before so lots of things to find out, but Im glad to find someone who has chickens aswell. We have 5; 2 large Welsummers, 2 smaller hybrids and a white Sussex star. Should I keep them shut in their run at the end of the garden when we first bring the puppy home? ( they normally have the run of the garden), how is it best to introduce them?

Hello, welcome to k9.

Nice to hear you have hens too there are quite a few of us on here, maybe we should ask Nigel for a ' General discussion Poultry ' forum :D !!If you would like your hens and whippy to freerange in peace together,then I would most definately start as you mean to go on. Introduce your pup to them straight away, supervising them closely of course and expect her to chase them and want to play with them- she's a whippet after all, if it gets too rough just step in and take her away with a firm NO she will soon learn and they will all be fine I'm sure. You may be lucky, she might even be a little frightened of them and stay well away, Spiller didn't bother much at all with mine- apart from poor Penny Lane who you may have read about earlier in this post. That's all changed now though, Spiller has finally found his rightful place in the pecking order and this seems to have come about since he dared to lift his leg at thier pop hole a few weeks back and Arwen pecked his willy (w00t) he still loves to scatter them by charging through the middle of them though! Good luck with your new little girl, we need LOTS of pics please :)

Den - love the updated pictures of Spiller... hes coming on lovely - dont they grow so fast - :wub: :wub: :wub:

and Yes we too have Hens and Bantams - only they are kept on my dads allotment - I just reap the benefit of fresh eggs weekly. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Zephyr said:
Spiller - still looking oh so beautiful :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   - if you ever decide you don't want him (as if!) - please pass him my way! :lol:   :wub:   :huggles:
He did turn out as handsome as lovely Zephyr didn't he Beth? :wub: and yes, when I finally tire of him shredding loo rolls I'll call you :lol: !

Janimal said:
Den - love the updated pictures of Spiller... hes coming on lovely - dont they grow so fast -  :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
and Yes we too have Hens and Bantams - only they are kept on my dads allotment - I just reap the benefit of fresh eggs weekly. :thumbsup:

Too fast Janis, lucky you not having the mucking out etc, do Oscar and Kobi enjoy fresh freerange scrambed eggs like my pampered pair? :rolleyes:

:cheers: [SIZE=14pt]Well Done Spiller[/SIZE] :cheers:

He's gorgeous :wub: :huggles: :wub: :huggles:

with lots of character by the sounds of him :clown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice.

Poor Spiller! Bet he was surprised!

Hope to post lots of pics when we get our puppy.

Den said:
He did turn out as handsome as lovely Zephyr didn't he Beth? :wub: and yes, when I finally tire of him shredding loo rolls I'll call you :lol: !
:lol: :lol: Unfortunately, although Zephyr is such a good boy MOST of the time now he is grown up, last week's tally DID include a whole box of Kleenex v expensive tissues with balsam, all the downstairs bins emptied :angry: - BUT worst of all our dear hamster Maple Syrup who was buried with full ceremony in the garden two weeks ago - found on the lawn, having been dug up and played with :eek: :eek: - mostly I think because she was wrapped in lots of his favourite tissues before being placed in her cardboard coffin!!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

(We have forgiven him though! :p )

Here's is a pic of him relaxing in the summer :wub:

s_garden_aug05.jpg

Zephyr said:
Den said:
:lol: :lol: Unfortunately, although Zephyr is such a good boy MOST of the time now he is grown up, last week's tally DID include a whole box of Kleenex v expensive tissues with balsam, all the downstairs bins emptied :angry: - BUT worst of all our dear hamster Maple Syrup who was buried with full ceremony in the garden two weeks ago - found on the lawn, having been dug up and played with :eek: :eek: - mostly I think because she was wrapped in lots of his favourite tissues before being placed in her cardboard coffin!!!! (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

(We have forgiven him though! :p )

Here's is a pic of him relaxing in the summer :wub:

:lol: OH sorry Beth, I just can't stop laughing, wicked Zephyr :lol: :lol: poor Maple Syrup, R.I.P............. again. Nice to see a recent pic of the handsome one :wub:

:wub: :thumbsup: Love how they all lie like that

Just read this thread right through looks like your all having great fun :huggles: PMSL at the hamster story :lol: poor wee mite :huggles:

Spillar is a very handsome whippie :wub:

Den said:
'Flat packed' whippet on squirrel watch :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You're pictures are unbelievable funny !

He's a real teenager, but he's so cute ! :huggles:

Please keep posting those pictures, I love them :b

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back