The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sponsered Cycle

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
These are not so good,as i did'nt have the good camera with me.This is the COLERAIN MOUNTAIN.(WHAT A CLIMB,)after 60 mile's.

P1100594-1.jpg

P1100593-1.jpg

Ashort rest 1/2 way up the hill,and a chance to stretch out those calf's.

P1100589.jpg

One of the collection point's.

P1100581.jpg

She had no chance of stealing that,and if she did,then she would'nt know what to do with it.The bike on the right was mine.So was the blue bike,but boy am i glad i was'nt on that for the day,as it is totaly ,a mountain bike,and a killer,on a long road cycle.

P1100563.jpg

Every time we felt beaten,this would pop up in front of us,to get us going again.

P1100543.jpg

Thought i could hitch a ride in this,but he would'nt stop

P1100540.jpg

Then the top of the mountain loomed up ahead,and we new we had brocken her back.(Our's too).It had stayed dry all day since shortly after we had set off.But boy did it come down on us,when we started to decend the other side.It was very difficult to see through the rain,but at one time i was doing 40,behind the lead car,to stay safe,as we might have been dificult to see with the rain being so heavy.

P1100596.jpg

Just a couple more,that ive played with,but i think the 2nd one ,with my mate Kenny,in the middle,and my nephew furthest away,is a cracker,and my choice,as best pic of the day.Im not in these pix,cause i was the only one who remembered to bring a camera,and any that Trevor,the driver took,were all messed up,and blurred.

P1100476.jpg

P1100491.jpg

There was about 6 of these,with me in them,but as it was getting dark,and Trevor tried to use flash,they came out pitch black.(Reason)Glow bright strip's,on the yellow safety vest's.Which reflected the flash,resulting in only the strip's being seen in the pix.So beware,when these are around at night,as they'll ruin all you're pix.Only i took the camera off Trevor,who is on the right,so that he would be in a couple,i would not have caught this on,and closed the flash,and opened everything else to get a pic of some sort.So,the famous seaside town of PORTRUSH.

P1100611.jpg

billyboy47...WHERE ARE YOU >? HOW COME YOURE NOT IN THESE PIX..NOT EVEN ONE !!

WHERE YOU REALLY THERE....MMMMMMMM ? ? :eek:

i hope you had a whip round for the first guy he looks like a zombie and youve only started !! he wouldve been my incentive..if idve seen that behind me idve beaten lance armstrong to the line (w00t)

well done all those who took part !! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A BIG well done to all concerned :thumbsup:

young-shadow said:
billyboy47...WHERE ARE YOU >?  HOW COME YOURE NOT IN THESE PIX..NOT EVEN ONE !!    WHERE YOU REALLY THERE....MMMMMMMM ? ? :eek:

i hope you had a whip round for the first guy he looks like a zombie  and youve only started !!  he wouldve been my incentive..if idve seen that behind me idve beaten lance armstrong to the line  (w00t)

well done all those who took part !!  :thumbsup:

The big lad in ?,had a knee opp,4 year's ago.as he was in some sort of rugby school.in Australia,where he had a scholorship or summit.He got the knee wrecked,in a match,and after 3 opp's,had to quit,and come home.Dont think you'd want to get in that boy's way now.As for the distance travelled at that particular moment in time.We were almost at the top of the Colerain mountain,and around 60 mile's into our journey.The big lad was getting it tight,and wanting to quit,several time's.But i kept givin him stick,that if an old man loke me who smoked all his life,had anguina,and a dodgy knee could do it,then he'd never live it down.I then proceced to tease him about all those kid's who would suffer,if he quit.(WORKED A TREAT)There are pix of me,and there are reason's why they are'nt on here,as i said.Will show you some at the 1st show of the year.If you look at the 4th pic,you'll see that the white bike in the 5th pic,with the only cycle helmet that was in use is missing.Now if you do some detective work,you will find that bike and helmet,in pix that where taken back in august. ...Billy...

Last edited by a moderator:
no matter what billyboy it was for a great cause so big pat on the back and even bigger one for zombie-boy too ! :thumbsup:

well done again :thumbsup:

Wow £3,000 raised :thumbsup: well done you lot, and I thought we'd done well raising £1200 on our charity walk last August :sweating: 6 very tired girls after a 20 mile walk -_- I work part time in the Benefit Agency (Incapacity Benefit Section) and let me tell you I had to have a week on the sick the following week :lol:

Jayne

(w00t) Well done Billy!! fantastic job for a great cause. When my mum died a few weeks ago we had a collection instead of flowers and raised over £400 for

children in need. :thumbsup:

young-shadow said:
no matter what billyboy it was for a great cause so big pat on the back and even bigger one for zombie-boy  too !  :thumbsup:  
well done again  :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: zombie-boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: so funny :lol:

Well done, Billy ;)

Well done billy...

Whens the next one :thumbsup:

littlenell said:
(w00t) Well done Billy!! fantastic job for a great cause.  When my mum died a few weeks ago we had a collection instead of flowers and raised over £400 for children in need. :thumbsup:

So sorry to here about you're mum,littlenell.It's nice to see that although people can be on a massive downer,with the death of a loved one,that they still have room in their heart's for other's,like children in need.A big well done to you're family and friend's,who so kindly donated to a great cause. ...Billy...

pepa said:
Well done billy...
Whens the next one  :thumbsup:

Dont think i'll be doin another one,as the knee has gone completely now.I did too much that day,and it has been total agony every day since.Need a knee replacement,which wont be done for another 13 years,unless i can find the money to go private.It's not so bad,once i get going a bit,but boy does it hurt for the 1st hour in the morning.Bought a new suite of furniture last week.Our 1st brand new one in 14 year's,and of course it had to be leather,with recliner's on both the 3,and the 2 seater.The shear weight of the thing dislocated my knee again,with the presure of lifting it,as it's all bloomin steal work's in under.It's a good job the knee is so lose,that it's not that hard to put back into place again,(with a bit of pain),and no gas n air,like they usualy give me when i go into casualty to have it relocated,as they call it.Wont keep me down though.Id jump over a bridge 1st. ...Billy...

Well done Billy & Friends :thumbsup:

I did have a good laugh at the first guy, who did look a bit like a zombie :blink: but he did well :lol:

Deirdre

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back