The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sporting Whippet Club (northern Ireland)

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Was invited along to this wee clubs 1st show yesterday,and was amazed at the amount of wee speed merchants that were in attandance.Some beautiful examples of the breed were on show in the ring,and each n every oneof them,in prime condition.For the life of me,i just cant remember the judges name.And with me knowing of him for years in the doggy world,i think i need to see the doc again.1st impressions,were that this wee club has got it's act together pretty quickly,as thing startd more or less,bang on time,With a childrens class,that had a different angle to it,than previously seen over here.It was the kid's that were under the eye of the judge,and not the dogs.Sorry i didn't have me camera set up for this one,as there were so many lurcher folk there supporting the show,that i got caught up in all the chit chat,that goes on,even when it's only a week,since most of us spoke last.The winner of the kid's class was Leah Wall's,with Lady.2nd was Kelsey Stockman,with Beauty,and 3rd place went to Graham Meek,who was in the ring with wee Merlyn.

Next class was the puppy class,and it was nice to see all the up n coming's out showing themselve's to the best of their ability.Ruben Orr took the honours in the puppy class,with a crackin wee pup called Stripe,while 2nd,and 3rd were taken by Janet Duke,and Liz Mc Kinstry,who were showing off their pups,Dante,and Buddy.

The more serious stuff now took place with the whippet dog section,and there were some nice ones here too,with Walter Albert taking the honours with his wee Boris dog.Taking 2nd place was Declan Jordans Scoles,(must be a united supporter),and 3rd was Jan Mc Kinley'with Nico.

Now it was the bitches turn,to strut their stuff,and there were a few in here that definately caught my eye,seein as im a bitch kind of person.Joe Leonards Beauty took this one,with Big John Mc Stay's wee Silver bitch,taking 2nd,and Sam Mortan brought up the rear of the three judges favourites in this class,by taking 3rd.

In the working class it was Joe Leonards Beauty,who again took the honours,with Declan Jordens Scholes 2nd,and Chris Bowers Lady 3rd.

In the ring now,we had all the winners from the previos class's,and after a final run through the class winners,it was Joe Leonards Beauty that claimed the victory here,to become the club's 1st show champion,with Ruben Orr,a very close reserve.

We were treated to some great racing too.Where Garreth Mc Laoughlan's Flash showed that he will be one to be reconed with next year.In the adult racing though,wee had some very fast,class acts,and it finished with one of the best finals wee could hope for,as the winner had to rely on both speed and stamina,to come from behind at the last minute,to win by a length or 2 to take the title.It was janet Duke's Vixon,who,not for the 1st time this year,showed that she has another gear for the last 10 yards,that we all wish our dogs posessed.She came with a very strong challenge,which earned her the 1sttrue pedigree whippet racing championship of Northern Ireland.

Photo's now.

This was one of the class's that were paraded,as you can see,there were quite a few entrants,even though this was just organised a couple of weeks ago.It seems thatthe whippet has regained some of the popularity that it once had over here.It's great to see.

IMG_5879-1.jpg

IMG_5877.jpg

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5887-1.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg

IMG_5893.jpg

IMG_5902.jpg

IMG_5918.jpg

IMG_5927.jpg

IMG_5934-1.jpg

IMG_5904-2.jpg

IMG_5909-1.jpg

CHAMPION,AND RESERVE,WITH THE JUDGE

IMG_5922.jpg

Show Champion BEAUTY,with Judge. Owner,Joe Leonard,and Linda.Who by the wy,put on a lovely tea,after the field had been cleared of any rubbish,and tidied up.Thankyou so much Linda.Much appreciated,i can tell you.

IMG_5922.jpg

Now for some racing pix.Which i might say,im not that happy with.As i was trying another len's,owing to my good one playing up a bit,and not focusing properly,in autofocus.

IMG_5929.jpg

IMG_5949-1.jpg

IMG_5951.jpg

IMG_5952.jpg

IMG_5954.jpg

IMG_5956.jpg

img

IMG_5964.jpg

some brilliant photos there billy... will you be at ballywalter next week taking photos?

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

This was a great final,between 2 obviously keen as they come do or die speed merchants.

IMG_5979.jpg

This was the one photo that i was after,and it was a good job i took time to change the len's again,to the one,that for once worked right.

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

Took this one of Sammy,and Linda's two,giving the lure a final killing,before it was put in the van,and into a place of safety,from these two lunatic's.

Great wee show,and the rain stayed away until it was time for me to drive the almost 100 miles home,and it poured down,the whole bloomin way..It was a great stress free day,with having no dogs of our own present,and Alannah had a great day too,which finished with her playing footy with Johny,at his lovely home..Kirsty was a bit lost though,as she's usualy on dog duty,with her hands full,from start to finish.

Looking forward to the next one folk's. Alannah has now picked what she wants for her birthday in May.(A wee pocket rocket).But it won't happen this year,as the funds are very light lately.So unless one of the dog trust charities come up with a pup for her,she will have to wait till next year. Finished. So is my flippin back,sitting bent over this laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Opp's.Made a blunder,with one of the photo's. This is the one of the judge,Owner Joe Leonard,and Linda.

IMG_5898-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
some brilliant photos there billy... will you be at ballywalter next week taking photos?

No.Sorry,but i have to gave Balywalter a miss,as ive a more important appointment to keep,which will take up my whole weekend.Have to put the old health 1st this time,as i want to be about for my kids.They're number one in my life,and i owe it to them,to get my health sorted.Hope to see everyone on the 17th.

[billy thanks once again for some cracker photos of the showing and of the racing i love the one of lady and vixon in midair great action photo and a very good final well done to janet and vixon :) and for lady coming a close second :D

IMG_5965.jpg
IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5968.jpg

This was a great final,between 2 obviously keen as they come do or die speed merchants.

IMG_5979.jpg

This was the one photo that i was after,and it was a good job i took time to change the len's again,to the one,that for once worked right.

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

Took this one of Sammy,and Linda's two,giving the lure a final killing,before it was put in the van,and into a place of safety,from these two lunatic's.

Great wee show,and the rain stayed away until it was time for me to drive the almost 100 miles home,and it poured down,the whole bloomin way..It was a great stress free day,with having no dogs of our own present,and Alannah had a great day too,which finished with her playing footy with Johny,at his lovely home..Kirsty was a bit lost though,as she's usualy on dog duty,with her hands full,from start to finish.

Looking forward to the next one folk's. Alannah has now picked what she wants for her birthday in May.(A wee pocket rocket).But it won't happen this year,as the funds are very light lately.So unless one of the dog trust charities come up with a pup for her,she will have to wait till next year. Finished. So is my flippin back,sitting bent over this laptop.
Billy lovely photographs, again you have given us all treasured memories of a wonderful day. I hope wee Alannah gets her pup. She is a very nice,well mannered little girl. Youd never know who would have a wee whippet pup for her on k9. Big John is delighted with his photograph. It has taken pride of place in front of the television. You were definately born with a gift as far as photography is concerned. Well done Billy to we meet again.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Portadown.

No.Sorry,but i have to gave Balywalter a miss,as ive a more important appointment to keep,which will take up my whole weekend.Have to put the old health 1st this time,as i want to be about for my kids.They're number one in my life,and i owe it to them,to get my health sorted.Hope to see everyone on the 17th.

hope everything goes well for you billy... atb

IMG_5934-1.jpg
IMG_5904-2.jpg

IMG_5909-1.jpg

CHAMPION,AND RESERVE,WITH THE JUDGE

IMG_5922.jpg

Show Champion BEAUTY,with Judge. Owner,Joe Leonard,and Linda.Who by the wy,put on a lovely tea,after the field had been cleared of any rubbish,and tidied up.Thankyou so much Linda.Much appreciated,i can tell you.

IMG_5922.jpg
Buddy is looking A1 well done Liz and Eddy, looks like he will mature into a top dog :thumbsup:

what a brilliant turn out, all smashing dogs, well done to all the winners, :thumbsup:

WEll done to sammy and linda for another great show, sorry i couldnt get down but it sounds like it all went smoothly. Also great snaps billy. love the one of buddy :wub:

great photos from Billy as usual. Some class looking dogs and a good turnout.

The first time I saw Vixen, I said to Janet "she looks like she'd run fast" and Janet said "but she doesn't chase the lure". Clearly Vixen got the idea, as she won her races that day and I hear she's been doing well since.

Great photos there Billy :thumbsup: Thankyou for sharing :D Nice to see Janet in the line up :D

Brill pics Billy as always really enjoyed the day :D well done to all the

winners and every one who took part Thanks for the comment Patrick

about buddy he is coming on well :D

Cracking photos Billy, thanks for sharing them with us :thumbsup:

Glad show went well sammy great job!

Bitch in heat so did'nt make it.

Brilliant photos billy well impressed.

Some good ones there. Seen sammys picture of his 2..its a nice shot !

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back