The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sth Aust Whippet & Greyhound Club Show

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Can I say anything yet? :shifty:

Does anyone know the website address for the club - I've tried

whippetgreyhoundclubsa.com

but it's not working.

aslan said:
Can I say anything yet?  :shifty:

but it's not working.

What is it that you want to say Lana??? :teehee:

elmaro said:
aslan said:

but it's not working.

I think it is something to do with the fact that Lana is Judging the show. But how would I know. :- "

Cartman said:
elmaro said:
aslan said:

but it's not working.

I think it is something to do with the fact that Lana is Judging the show. But how would I know. :- "

I hadn't heard that either :teehee: Congratulations Lana :thumbsup: :luck: :cheers:

I've been waiting for someone to tell me that I can say something publicly but it seems that lots of people know so I assume now that the schedule must be out somewhere.

Yes I have my first appointment (Thank You Cartman for putting my name forward) and it is exciting and a little bit nerve-wracking. No matter what I do someone is going to think I'm a fool. But I guess that'll be nothing new huh? :lol: :teehee:

:luck: Good luck Lana, hope you have a lovely day :)

Don't worry what others think Lana, just get in the ring and enjoy yourself ! :thumbsup:

There's a line there for you Cartman.... :- "

I thought as much!! The shifty eyes gave it away!! :)

So is the schedule actually out yet? And is there anything else on, that weekend either whippet or dobermann related?? What weekend is it actually on ...

Wouldn't mind getting out this year and seeing the sights a bit more!! Was also thinking of driving to Sydney, but will wait and see what the judges are like on the Easter weekend in Victoria before I make a decision ... (really not keen on driving 12 hours to Sydney and I'm not sure that Connie and JD would like it either!!) Since there is every chance that I'll be moved interstate with work sooner or later, I wouldn't mind checking out all of the states to see what each one offers... But then I might be lucky enough to keep a gig in Victoria ... I can only hope!!

Oh and Lana, the running joke at our house everytime that Dad judges ... I ask him if he won ... the answer is always yes!!! :cheers:

As long as you can go home and sleep at night it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, after all they are paying for your opinion!!

aslan said:
No matter what I do someone is going to think I'm a fool.

Proberly the ones with the ribons that arent blue. Dont worry, I wont. :)

I just think it is good of the Club to do something for the breed & new judges in general regardless of where they come from. :cheers:

Good on you & so to the club.

BTW. I wont be showing any of the dogs in my name. Not to upset lana, but my OH is judging the Greyhounds. :b

Congratulations Lana :cheers: is this your first appointment? :luck: :luck:

Hey, you're my 500th post, I hope that's some kind of a good omen for you....how, I have no idea :clown: but oh well, you never know.

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
elmaro said:
As long as you can go home and sleep at night it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, after all they are paying for your opinion!!

Good advice Lana!! There is no way you are going to please everyone so you might as well please yourself!!!

:cheers: Congratulations and enjoy it - they say you never forget your first!!!

aslan said:
I've been waiting for someone to tell me that I can say something publicly but it seems that lots of people know so I assume now that the schedule must be out somewhere. 
Yes I have my first appointment (Thank You Cartman for putting my name forward) and it is exciting and a little bit nerve-wracking.  No matter what I do someone is going to think I'm a fool.  But I guess that'll be nothing new huh?  :lol:   :teehee:

Good luck Lana - I am sure you will do a great job :thumbsup: I reckon if a judge has nice dogs themselves then it is pretty obvious that they will be able to pick out the goodies - you will be fine :cheers:

Best Wishes Lana with your judging, I'm sure you will do a very good job. :luck: :thumbsup:

Best of Luck Lana,

Bet it was killing you not to tell anyone - although I have known about it since last year when you got the appointment. :D

Cristina

Well it's hard to know what to say isn't it? If you tell people (other than your close friends) you've got the appointment they might just think you are fishing for entries and of course now I have to think very carefully in general conversation about saying that I like a dog because people may think you REALLY REALLY like it and may travel a long way to a show and not get awarded what they thought they might. Then they would grouch.

It's a very difficult position to be in really. I hate to make enemies and this is a sure fire way to do so I guess. Someone remind me why I wanted to do this?

No, seriously, thanks for all your good luck wishes and encouragement. I will only do what I think is right and will just have to acquire a thick skin for the people who aren't happy with my decisions. I suppose it's natural to have these worries in the beginning and the thick skin will develop over time.

It's my first whippet specialty appointment Linda. Quite a few years ago I had my open show licence for four groups (4, 5, 6 & 7) and had a few appointments over two or three years but for various reasons I gave it up.

Don't want to panic you Lana, but there is another really important issue to be taken into concideration (before you enter the ring).......

WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WEAR (w00t) :lol: :teehee:

One of my normal dog showing suits (with trousers - not a skirt) I very rarely wear skirts and certainly not in the show ring in any capacity. Learned that lesson long ago. :oops:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back