The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Strange Bloke In The Woods

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was in the woods with Inca this morning, when a strange looking bloke appears from nowhere.

Dressed a bit chavvy and acting really wierd.

Inca actually stopped chasing a squirrel and ran to me, she stood dead in front of me with her tail pointing and quivering, just staring at him.

He carried on walking slowly in front of me and Inca wouldn't move and started to doing a little deep growl.

I turned round to walk back where I came from and she walked slowly behind me and wouldn't talk her eyes off him.

Once he was out of sight, she just walked at the side of me and didn't even bother to chase the squirrels again.

My little girl didn't like this bloke and to be honest he was acting really odd and it freaked me out a bit.

She was really looking after me this morning and I wonder what she might have done if this bloke tried anything??

I think dogs are a really good judge of character :angry: .. Well done - but hope you dont meet HIM again.

I went straight back to the car but I warned 2 women walking on their own about him.

He could have been ok but I didn't like the look of him.

They do seem to know, don't they. Well done Inca o:)

Well done Inca!! id rather have my dogs opinion of people than anyone else's. Good for her for looking after you!!

She got so much praise and she looked at me as if "I was only doing my job mum"...bless her, she's such a sweetie :wub:

aww well done inca!!! what a star!

I would agree, my dogs are a better judge of character than most people

Totally agree with the judge of character thing. They certainly pick up on body language.

Well done to Inca. :D

aww well done inca :huggles: iv had that happen before when i riding my bike down this old railway line with the dogs and blue was very vocale and intimadating to some man that was walking towards us he got lots of praises for it :huggles: my little hero :wub:

Inca is usually very friendly to everyone in the park/woods, so to see her like that he must have worried her.

Well done Blue :thumbsup:

hellybobs said:
Inca is usually very friendly to everyone in the park/woods, so to see her like that he must have worried her.
Well done Blue  :thumbsup:

blue is the same hes usually fine just the odd bloke i come across its like he knows if im in a secluded place and they have to come fairly close to me to get past then its like hes thinking ooo this strange man is walking to close to my mam and he looks bit shifty better warn him off :D

Strange, there must be something in the air coz Dij did the same thing last night - he's a real people dog and usually thinks all people we meet have been waiting their whole lives to give him some affection!

Last night I took him down for a last wee, which takes me into my very dark back alley. There was a bloke hanging around (not unusual, as i live above a restaurant so there's often staff about) but Dij obviously thought there was something suspicious as he growled and barked in a really threatening manner - bloke shot off very quickly!

There are times when i'm very glad that i have a monster-sized overgrown whippet!

:thumbsup: well done inca. my dog recently did this in my local woods(the ridge in meanwood),the man seemed to be messing with his trouser front and it was my usually sqirrel obsessed dog that drew my attention to him by growling,he soon went!! i really thought my pooch was way to soft so she pleasently surprised me,bless her ! o:) where abouts were u in leeds?

sugarpie said:
:thumbsup: well done inca.  my dog recently did this in my local woods(the ridge in meanwood),the man seemed to be messing with his trouser front and it was my usually sqirrel obsessed dog that drew my attention to him by growling,he soon went!! i really thought my pooch was way to soft so she pleasently surprised me,bless her !  o:) where abouts were u in leeds?
Yay another leeds person on the forum :cheers:

You need to be careful in the woods you go to Helen, loads of dodgy things it seems :ph34r: did you ever find out what that big hole/grave was all about???

sugarpie said:
:thumbsup: well done inca.  my dog recently did this in my local woods(the ridge in meanwood),the man seemed to be messing with his trouser front and it was my usually sqirrel obsessed dog that drew my attention to him by growling,he soon went!! i really thought my pooch was way to soft so she pleasently surprised me,bless her !  o:) where abouts were u in leeds?

I'm in Moortown...I've pm'd you :thumbsup:

Hi Lucy,

I havn't been back to the woods with the dodgy hole...the guy freaked me out today though...

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back