The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Strange Noises

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
elizabeths_OH said:
Nicola said:
How lovely to spot some owls, especially with them being such nocturnal creatures. I often hear them at night but haven't ever seen one.
I wonder what sort they are (I'm hopeless at recognising birds and owls!)

Janimal said:
They look like Tawny owls to me Nicola. :thumbsup:
Yes - they are tawny owls. Barn owls have the beautiful white heart shaped mask, even as chicks. They were out as dusk fell last night so it was quite easy to see them even without a torch. Mother turned up briefly, but saw us and flew off. I probably ought to build a hide or something.

Funnily enough I was watching Spring Watch yesterday, and realised they were tawny owls when I saw some identical ones on the TV.

Great photos....what a lovely opportunity you've had to photograph them :)

Wow - superb photos. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing them with us. :wub: :wub:

Ive just caught up with the rest of these photos too.....stunning ...well done for getting such fantastic shots. :cheers: Beautiful :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back