The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stud Fee's

NEILPEM

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
whats the average stud fee people have paid ,and most expensive you paid for whippet breeding

NEILPEM said:
whats the average stud fee people have paid ,and most expensive you paid for whippet  breeding
Hazel pays me £20 a night and£40 on a goodnight.lol :sweating: -_-

Is that to be out of the house on those nights Geoff :b

NEILPEM said:
whats the average stud fee people have paid ,and most expensive you paid for whippet  breeding
though not whippet, the dog we used costs £250 per mating. as a champion, its not unreasonable, and another dog on the show circuit costs £350 per mating. generally, the stud fee is roughly half the price of one puppy, but the age/experience/titles can make the price vary greatly. then you have the people who say their dogs grandsire was so and so, and expect a hefty fee on blood alone, regardless of their dogs qualities/faults :angry: in my breed (staffords) its very common to be charged more than £450 per mating because the dog is blue :blink: and blue pups are sold from £650 to £1300 each :wacko:

lalena said:
NEILPEM said:
whats the average stud fee people have paid ,and most expensive you paid for whippet   breeding
though not whippet, the dog we used costs £250 per mating. as a champion, its not unreasonable, and another dog on the show circuit costs £350 per mating. generally, the stud fee is roughly half the price of one puppy, but the age/experience/titles can make the price vary greatly. then you have the people who say their dogs grandsire was so and so, and expect a hefty fee on blood alone, regardless of their dogs qualities/faults :angry: in my breed (staffords) its very common to be charged more than £450 per mating because the dog is blue :blink: and blue pups are sold from £650 to £1300 each :wacko:

WOW (w00t) thats a lot isn't it, I suppose the mating fee isn't too bad if you have a few pups even when you keep one, sorry to be ignorant (I haven't got to that bit yet :lol: ) do you still have to pay full price if the bitch doesn't take :unsure:

Most people offer a free return mating Lesley if the bitch doesn't take

What people go off for stud fees now is how much the person who will sell the litter for and the stud fee is the price of a pup.personaly i think £50.00 is a far stud price forany dog

*Lesley* said:
lalena said:
NEILPEM said:
whats the average stud fee people have paid ,and most expensive you paid for whippet   breeding

WOW (w00t) thats a lot isn't it, I suppose the mating fee isn't too bad if you have a few pups even when you keep one, sorry to be ignorant (I haven't got to that bit yet :lol: ) do you still have to pay full price if the bitch doesn't take :unsure:

generally, theres a 'gentlemans agreement' that if she doesnt take, next season you get a free mating. when amber was mated, they said they would like a bitch pup, BUT wouldnt decide for definate until afterwards, and they could assess quality. if none had been suitable, we would have had to pay in full. until they had made a selection, the paper was witheld, to protect both parties. this is also standard when an unsatisfactory mating has taken place, ie very short and/or no tie, though a tie isnt needed, because amber had no tie, was only mated once and managed 7 pups :D

i think theres a lot of misunderstanding about stud fees.the fee is payable for the MATING not for pups.if the bitch has pups then great but if not theres no obligation on the part of the stud dog owner to give a free mating but usually they will give a free mating to compensate.however its not obligatory.if the dog is a proven stud dog and the bitch doesnt take then its usually cos the bitch was mated at the wrong time,its hard for a maiden bitch owner to know the right time and sometimes even if the owner is experienced its hard.i always used to give a bitch a quick internal examination to see if she was ready,i found by experience it was the easiest way.ive owned a number of popular stud dogs and ive known bitches stand on the 4th day and as late as the 28th day.theres no formula to it.its trial and error :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Vicky said:
Most people offer a free return mating Lesley if the bitch doesn't take
Thanks Vicky, Lalena and Kris :thumbsup:

unwanted said:
What people go off for stud fees now is how much the person who will sell the litter for and the stud fee is the price of a pup.personaly i think £50.00 is a far stud price forany dog
Are we to take it you don't have a stud dog George :- "

usually a stud fee would be the price of a pup £400 stud fee and you would sell the pups for that and if the bitch wasnt in pup you would have a free return,although you might think the studs are alot your making enough money when selling your pups on ,and if you had to go and buy a good one you would have to pay a good price for a good dog

:clown:

unwanted said:

i have 4 stud dogs, and my stud fee was £50, untill about a year 18 months ago i then put it upto £100, and think thats still a good price, my stud dogs are,

Top stud dog 2004 / 2005 Rch Cracked it

2nd top stud dog 2004 / 3nd 2005 Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound,

and Spellbounds 2 son's

Rch / Nch Outbound

Ch of Chs, Sup Nbch, Sup Nsch, 5 times Rsch, Hellbound,

i always offer a free return mating,

i think this is still a good price when people are asking £250 / £300 + for pups

ide say £100 pound is fair if they want the dog that bad they will pay it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The price of a pup i would say....never paid a stud fee pleased ive got mates with stud dogs :thumbsup:

I would say the price of a pup too, most people tend to be very reasonable with stud fee's for whippets.

why put astud fee up from £50.00 to £100.00 as his sperm turned to gold.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back