The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Stud Fee's

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
why not george when the goin rate for pups are £150

u want the dog u will pay it simple but if u want the cheapest option well get some quotes :D :D

hope u get a stud dog george free matings all round ey lol (w00t)

not a problem gary m8 desperate dan,and after this season dennis the menace. ;)

unwanted said:
why put astud fee up from £50.00 to £100.00 as his sperm turned to gold.

Don't have to give a reason for the fee going up, to anyone, :) if they don't want to pay £100 for the top stud dog then that fine there's alot of good stud dogs about i'm sure they will take their bitch to one thats free or £50 and good luck to them :luck: thats the choice everyone should have

hellbound said:
i have 4 stud dogs, and my stud fee was  £50, untill about a year 18 months ago i then put it upto £100, and think thats still a good price, my stud dogs are, Top stud dog 2004 / 2005 Rch Cracked it

2nd top stud dog 2004 / 3nd 2005 Sup Nch / Rch Spellbound,

and Spellbounds 2 son's

Rch / Nch Outbound

Ch of Chs, Sup Nbch, Sup Nsch, 5 times Rsch, Hellbound,

i always offer a free return mating,

i think this is still a good price when people are asking £250 / £300 + for pups

some thing wrong with my eyes then does it say quote I HAVE 4 STUD DOGS,AND FEE WAS £50,

God give it a rest Hellbound has explained her reasons about the stud fee's so why keep on, you might have a problem with her but you cant fault the dogs, free untill proven then £50 then top stud 2004 it should go up IMO if £50 is the average then the top stud should be higher. Just look at the ped fees they are miles higher than ours.

PS at stud N Ch Souther Scott free until proven LOL.

Scotty said:
God give it a rest Hellbound has explained her reasons about the stud fee's so why keep on, you might have a problem with her but you cant fault the dogs, free untill proven then £50 then top stud 2004 it should go up IMO if £50 is the average then the top stud should be higher. Just look at the ped fees they are miles higher than ours.

i think to many people what something for nothing,they dont want to pay a good stud dog but want to sell the pups for a good price ,or do they have a free stud dog and then give the pups away free NO THEY DONT ,pay for a good stud dog or dont have pups

ja jumper said:
Scotty said:

i think to many people what something for nothing,they dont want to pay a good stud dog but want to sell the pups for a good price ,or do they have a free stud dog and then give the pups away free NO THEY DONT ,pay for a good stud dog or dont have pups

:thumbsup: that sums it up. quality dog? then pay up.

you pays your money and you takes your choice.i was always told you only get what you pay for and i think its still true.ive travelled all over the uk to use a dog at stud that is the RIGHT dog for my bitch.i wouldnt be bothered if its the top stud dog or not.its got to be compatable with my bitches bloodlines.ive always line bred and always used 2 particular lines in my breeding and my pups always turn out pretty even in type and its easier to pick the show pups out.if i used a top stud dog and he was from completely unrelated lines then i would probably get some pups like their mum and some like their dad,and it would make it much harder to pick show pups too.im not interested in flash in the pan pups, i was in it for the long term and wanted to establish a recognisable type. :) i was breeding for the show ring however and not racing dogs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I've wondered this myself with whippet racing. Is it desirable to pick a top class stud or is selective line breeding taken into consideration? Also is it important to choose a certain weight of stud dog? I'm asking mainly because when I have looked at winning racing dogs on ther database it doesn't seem that champions will consistently produce champion racers, most of them do but I've also come across champion winning dogs that's lineage hasn't acquired titles? All I could summarise was that the dogs where excellent racers and just wasn't fortunate to gain a title?

Are there other desirable traits took into consideration too?

I dont agree with all these phenominal prices for stud fees & pups etc.

[after all they are not pedigrees]

£100 is ample as a stud fee. £100 is also ample for a pup.

Some of the prices charged for pups recently is ridiculous.[sheer greed] [whos to say they will be any good]

I for one would not charge anymore than £50. as i would not want to rob my fellow racers if the pups did not make the grade.

johnnoble said:
I dont  agree with all these phenominal prices for stud fees  &  pups etc.  [after all they are not pedigrees]

£100 is ample as a stud fee. £100 is also ample for a pup.

Some of the prices charged for pups recently is ridiculous.[sheer greed] [whos to say they will be any good]

I for one would not charge anymore than £50. as i would not want to rob my fellow racers if the pups did not make the grade.

:thumbsup: hit the word on the head there john (sheer greed)and im not just saying this about hellbound i just took this as a example.and as far as free till proven fare enuuff but my point was why charge from £50 after the dog as proven then change it to £100.now that does not seem fare to the second lot of people.sounds to me like money is going to spoil whippet raceing the same as greyhound raceing. :- "

wild whippies said:
Actually I've wondered this myself with whippet racing. Is it desirable to pick a top class stud or is selective line breeding taken into consideration? Also is it important to choose a certain weight of stud dog? I'm asking mainly because when I have looked at winning racing dogs on ther database it doesn't seem that champions will consistently produce champion racers, most of them do but I've also come across champion winning dogs that's lineage hasn't acquired titles? All I could summarise was that the dogs where excellent racers and just wasn't fortunate to gain a title?Are there other desirable traits took into consideration too?

Well preferably you'd want a stud that's won everything and same for it's parent/ grand parents, and ties in nicely with your bitches breeding - but it doesn't work like that, stud dogs are few and far between and the gene pool is becoming smaller and smaller.

Some dogs can have titles upon titles and not beat anything of any use, but to look at on paper you'd think it was phenominal.

Also if a dog mates enough bitches, law of averages says it's gonna produce a good dog sooner or later, (hence i wouldn't go out and use the top ten stud dog just on that basis) i think it should go on percentage of champions thrown out of the number of pups produced rather than, the stud winner could have produced say 40 pups with 10 champions, and another with 4 pups produced 2 champions, to me the latter has a higher success rate.

i agree with Vicky look in stud register compared to 10 year ago :( not no where near the choice there was then. i think if u want to use a certain dog then u will pay stud fee i agree prices for pups are getting silly so u cant blame stud owners for rise in stud fee, when breeders sell over the top :( saying that what is over the top nowadays if u want a certain breed i think its worth paying for :thumbsup: i dont sell over the top for pups so wouldn't pay high stud fee :) )there is a lot of dogs with no testicles mmmm thats a polite word for me lol like slippy blue a true legend on the track :thumbsup: imagine the bitches that would of qued for this dog if he had, this is not a dig at anyone but stud is rated on how many champs it throws ect isn't it about quality not quantity :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back