The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Support

Scott Frodsham

Cunning Linguist
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm going along to support my local hunt on Saturday. I've never been fox hunting in my life, to be quite honest it's not my bag, BUT I'm going to show my support against an unjust law! :rant: If anybody would like to join me feel free to get in touch, the details are as follows;

North West Lancashire VALE OF LUNE HARRIERS 11:30 The Royal Oak , Hornby, Lancashire

Regards,

Scott.

Scott, as I said today count me in , i'll ring you before weekend to sort it out,

i

Scott Frodsham said:
I'm going along to support my local hunt on Saturday. I've never been fox hunting in my life, to be quite honest it's not my bag, BUT I'm going to show my support against an unjust law!  :rant: If anybody would like to join me feel free to get in touch, the details are as follows;
North West  Lancashire  VALE OF LUNE HARRIERS  11:30  The Royal Oak , Hornby, Lancashire

Regards,

Scott.

[SIZE=21pt]Go for it Scott[/SIZE] :thumbsup:

I used to go to a lot of hunts as a kid and was actually overwhelmed when able to join a hunt at 21.

I totally support all those whose livelihoods are expected to stop just because a lot of so called 'do gooders' who know nothing about country life want their way.

Hunting with dogs is a natural way of life, and for Hound breeds, what they are bred for.

Horse racing will be the next to go, you just watch.

I will try to go on Saturday as its not too far away to show my support.

Denise

Or there are the following in the NW;

North West Cheshire CHESHIRE BEAGLES 1pm Church Fields, Marbury, Nr Whitchurch, Cheshire

North West Cumbria BEWCASTLE 9:30 Murrayholm, Roadhead, Carlisle, Cumbria, CA8 2JJ

North West Cumbria BLACK COMBE & DISTRICT BEAGLES 10 Brown Cow Inn, Waberthwaite on A595, Cumbria

North West Cumbria BLENCATHRA 9:30 The Riddings, Threlkeld, Cumbria

North West Cumbria CUMBERLAND 10:30 Clearview, Westward, Wigton, Cumbria

North West Cumbria CUMBERLAND FARMERS 1pm Welton, Cumbria

North West Cumbria LONSDALE, NORTH 10:00 Cartmel Racecourse

North West Cumbria LUNESDALE 9:30 Street House, Ravenstonedale

North West Cumbria MELBREAK 9:00 Gatesgarth, Buttermere

North West Lancashire VALE OF LUNE HARRIERS 11:30 The Royal Oak , Hornby, Lancashire

North West Lancashire HOLCOMBE 12 Gallaghers Pub, Black Rod, Little Scotland, Nr Wigan, Lancashire

North West Yorkshire PENDLE FOREST AND CRAVEN 10:30 Consiton Hall, Coniston Cold, Skipton, BD23 4EB

Looks like I'm now off to the Holcombe hunt. :thumbsup:

Waberthwaite might be my nearest if not cancelled.

Mind you Wigton is on half hour away.

Denise

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody would like to meet up at junction 27 of the M6 please PM me! :huggles:

I was out with the cheshire forest hunt last saturday at Arley Hall. I took my springer with me and we followed them all the way round on foot loosing them only once near the start. I think the people who were following in their fancy cars and 4x4's thought we were crazy as we were the only ones following by foot, but the dog loved it and I thought it was alot better being up with the action in the fields rather than watching from the road in the car. It was a great opportunity to get some good pictures. Here are some pics I took.

254202.JPG

254197.JPG

254198.JPG

254205.JPG

254201.jpg

Hopefully I will be out again this saturday (work permitting) with one of the Staffs hunts.

We'll be out with our local pack on Saturday as many others will. Hope all have a good day.

Just a point. I quote: Fancy cars and 4x4s. Slightly emotive maybe?? Would hate to give the impression of elitism. Wouldn't you?

Grass routes forever

Lampingman

I quote: Fancy cars and 4x4s. Slightly emotive maybe?? Would hate to give the impression of elitism. Wouldn't you? 
Didn't mean to come across as us and them just trying to paint a picture of what it was like. Maybe the fancy cars (may I add with personalised number plates :- " ) comes across like that but deffinately not the 4x4 part as I drive one myself and it certainly isn't anything special or elite!

Hi Ferret. My comments were made tongue in cheek :- " . Best wishes to you.

Chris

What fabulous photos......It is such an impressive sight, so British, makes me feel proud. I am not pro or anti hunt, but I am Pro choice. This fecking government stinks. Long live loop holes :cheers: :luck: :luck: :luck:

As far as i can tell everyone that i know is going hunting tommorow.

If you want to go and support a hunt but cant find out where they are meeting check out the countryside alliance website http://www.countrysidealliance.org/

You can find a local hunt meet on there.

If you dont feel that going out to a meet is your thing, but you feel that the ban is wrong!

Join in the discussion at http://www.thefieldsportsdebate.co.uk

Good hunting tommorow!

Brilliant photos Feret... [SIZE=21pt]Excellent[/SIZE] lets hope they are never a thing of the past. :thumbsup:

Long Live Hunting.

Hi everyone. Went and supported the Waveney Harriers yesterday at a Hall in Suffolk, known to many coursers ( is coursing now a redundant term? ) The turnout was good and good natured. No antis. I'm now looking for a pack of beagles to follow . Got to do something on a Saturday. Must be mad!

Forever keen

Lampingman :cheers:

Just caught up with this thread and goggled at those fantastic photos... brilliant, and like Jo said: makes you proud :thumbsup:

:cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back