The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Surgery

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Great to see the vast improvement in Smartie...its brilliant news.... :thumbsup:

Keeping the wound to his hock covered after he bit the scab off!!!, there is a hole but seems ok, keeping it moist not wet or to dry to encourage healing.

Awww, poor Smartie, I couldn't leave the scab alone either.... I was one of those horrible kids who just had to pick scabs :x :x

Well wound seems to be healing with intrasite gel and finding Nemo elbow and knee plasters!!!!!!

:thumbsup: LOL @ 'Finding Nemo' plasters... So pleased that things are looking up for Smartie :))

Doing great and wound almost healed but if you won't to be rich don't buy a whippet!, but they are rewarding in other ways :wub:

DSCF1383__Small_.jpg

:wub: :wub: So pleased to hear Smartie is so much better. Love his blanket!!!

If you want to be rich don't buy a Whippet? Add to that 'If you want to be rich don't have ANY pet (my little rescue cat cost me a small fortune... I rescued her and she threatened to die on me for the first 6 months of her life with me! It was like 'Somebody cares...so I can be ill!!) and definitely if you want to be rich then don't have kids! 18 year old daughter at Uni being an impoverished student so 'you have to help out' and 15 year old son who is 6' 5" and wants trendy clothes..... Jeans with a £100+ price tag because they are the only ones that do a 36" leg...... (w00t)

And we do it all.... because they're worth it!! ;)

plaster off and wound appears to be healed Yippeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup:

Yaayyyyyyyyy!!! Way to go, Smartie :D

What a roller coaster of a ride you have had with him! I'm so pleased that he is back to being a 4 legged whippet again :cheers: :thumbsup:

He has been out for first official walk...... to the end of the street!!!!!!! :unsure:

Brilliant news. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: So pleased to hear all is going well with Smartie. :wub: :wub:

Just to say a big thank u for all the support, :thumbsup: wound healed leg good, slight limp walking to end of street and back, seems fine and happy again but not happy when we turn around for home wants to go on and on but we are not taking any risks!!!! :wacko: won't be till September when he can start coming off the lead and that will be a worry but all fine just have to take it steady and work all the hours to pay the vets bill and the rest of the time try and find some reasonable insurance!! that's affordable. I will post now and again but again a big thank you x Both my dogs now have pins and screw's in the same back leg!!, some one told me that Whippets are the most expensive dogs to own!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure:

DSCF1392__Small_.JPG

DSCF1385__Small_.JPG

Just few more pics xx then that's all folks x :thumbsup:

DSCF1390__Small_.JPG

have you thought of swimming him now he is all healed up its great for building the muscles back up and will also burn up some of his energy there are a few canine hydrotherapy centres around your area

:luck: best of luck SMARTY :luck:

:thumbsup: Good to see Smartie is well on the way to a good recovery. :))

:( My dog at an orthopedic surgeon this am fractured his back leg on Sunday having op today worst case he could loose his leg!, poor fella his brother is missing him. we are worried sick. Multiple fracture's and tendon involvment. poor love, surgeon is in Bristol and doing the op now!!, I am so worried, fingers crossed for Smartie.

Aww hes a cutie

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back