Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Sweet Susie Needs A Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeeFee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Susie is a very affectionate and still quite cheeky greyhound girl who has come into Oldies Club care after a change in family circumstances.

susieoc-1.jpg

Susie has been a much loved family pet but has had rather a rough time recently and came to us very underweight. She's settled well in her foster home, though, and is looking much better already.

If you know of anyone who might be able to give Susie a comfortable retirement home please let me know!

Susie's full details are here: http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=3370

FeeFee said:
Susie is a very affectionate and still quite cheeky greyhound girl who has come into Oldies Club care after a change in family circumstances.
susieoc-1.jpg

Susie has been a much loved family pet but has had rather a rough time recently and came to us very underweight. She's settled well in her foster home, though, and is looking much better already.

If you know of anyone who might be able to give Susie a comfortable retirement home please let me know!

Susie's full details are here:  http://www.oldies.org.uk/?p=3370

Good luck Susie in finding a lovely new home :luck: You look a gorgeous girl :huggles:

Hope Susie finds a home soon . :luck: Sure she will as she looks lovey :wub:

:wub: Bless, she's a lovely girl. Hope she gets her forever sofa very, very soon :thumbsup:

Have emailed the oldies re Susie. Bea is looking for another dog, as Lily is pining since Willow went to the Rainbow brisdges almost 3 weeks ago.

Hoping we will be lucky. Janet

:luck: fingers crossed Susie is with you soon Janet :D

Rae said:
:luck:   fingers crossed Susie is with you soon Janet  :D
They won't let us have her, as we would have to see her at her foster home and that's in Leeds - we are in Kent!! I was hopeful as it said dogs were rehomed country-wide . A bit misleading I think, and we are so sorry as we could have given her lovely home and poor Lily, who is getting more lethargic by the day, with no other dog to spark off, would have been happy again.

We keeplooking.

If anyone hears of an older dog (whippet/greyhound or any long dog at all really) we could offer a loving home and nice woods to walk in and nice human and canine company!! :teehee: Janet

Thats a real shame Janet... :( I do hope you get another friend soon and that poor Lily perks up again... :huggles: :huggles:

oh what a shame. :( hope susie isnt waiting too long for a comfy sofa to curl up on :luck: :luck: :luck:

pollyanna said:
Rae said:
They won't let us have her, as we would have to see her at her foster home and that's in Leeds - we are in Kent!! I was hopeful as it said dogs were rehomed country-wide . A bit misleading I think, and we are so sorry as we could have given her lovely home and poor Lily, who is getting more lethargic by the day, with no other dog to spark off, would have been happy again.

We keeplooking.

If anyone hears of an older dog (whippet/greyhound or any long dog at all really) we could offer a loving home and nice woods to walk in and nice human and canine company!! :teehee: Janet

I'm sorry you were disappointed over Susie, Janet. I hope you got my e-mail :)

I just wondered if you have seen Minnie at Croftview? Another 10 year old girl left homeless after her owner died, and I'm guessing not too far away from you.

FeeFee said:
pollyanna said:
Rae said:

We keeplooking.

I'm sorry you were disappointed over Susie, Janet. I hope you got my e-mail :)

I just wondered if you have seen Minnie at Croftview? Another 10 year old girl left homeless after her owner died, and I'm guessing not too far away from you.

Minnie looks lovely. I also found a whippet in a rescue place near me, so I am following that at the moment but no reply from rescue yet. Minnie is definitely second reserve though. As Lily is so tiny, a whippet would be best, but having had greyhounds, we know how small they fold up!!! Thanks for the help. Janeti

Janet that does sound exciting for you....please let us all know how you get on...

fingers crossed. :luck:

and For Minnie... :huggles: :luck: what a sad story...

:'( :'(

whippet rescue contacted us today about a whippet -no detail except it is a fawn girl. Will possibly get her Friday, but if it falls through, Minnie is still next choice. The other whippet we hoped to be considered for, has been taken already. We were about to ring re Minnie when whippet rescue told us about this little girl. Will know more tomorrow.

pollyanna said:
whippet rescue contacted us today about a whippet -no detail except it is a fawn girl. Will possibly get her Friday, but if it falls through, Minnie is still next choice.  The other whippet we hoped to be considered for, has been taken already. We were about to ring re Minnie when whippet rescue told us about this little girl.  Will know more tomorrow.
Good luck :luck:

Jill

x

I'm delighted to say that Susie's foster mum has decided she's not going anywhere and she now has a fantastic forever home :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
FeeFee said:
So pleased to read that Susie now has a loving forever family.

Glad her foster parents found it in their heart to open their home to her permanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back