The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Talking About Blues

Morgan

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Here's a blue Puppy dog, aged nearly 6 months old, that I met yesterday.

Any opinion good or bad would be very welcome :)

The owner gave me the authorization to post him here and is curious to have opinions about him. :thumbsup:

This dog is neither owned or bred by me, I'll tell you more later ;)

bayou3gn0.jpg

bayou2jc7.jpg

Head shot taken beginning August:

reboHJIdc2D508200623004438.jpg

Morgan said:

The owner gave me the authorization to post him here and is curious to have opinions about him. :thumbsup:

bayou3gn0.jpg

bayou2jc7.jpg

Morgan said:

bayou3gn0.jpg

bayou2jc7.jpg

Beautiful!!!!

this is phoebe aged almost two.

i think blues are stunning :wub:

100_1071.jpg

:wub: Tamara that is one nice puppy. In my eyes he is very balanced and would think he could move as well as his comformation suggests.

Lovely puppy for his age. As Millie says, very balanced!

Well, I like him. I don't think I would hold his head as high, it might help the flow of his neck into his topline but, other than that a very promising puppy.

Yes, I agree ovarall very nic balance, generous without being to much. I am also not that keen on the head, ear bells being quite big and the head could be more elegant. To be picky, I would cut off a bit of the hocks. Like the top line that is long and relaxed.

Henrik

I like him very much. Very nice front. Lovely shape. Would like to see him moving ,and of-course he has lot of develping to do. :thumbsup:

Well, who is he? Please, tell us more. :)

Very nice puppy,

Im with Henrik here, would prefer slightly less length in hock, stifle to hock, forearm and pastern. He still has a bit of growing to do so may be a bit to high on the leg for my personal taste. and ditto head.

Very balanced just means the angulation is the same both ends, if the angles are very straight both ends the dog can still be balanced.

Please explain what you mean by balanced. Thank you

Karen said:
Very nice puppy, 
Im with Henrik here,  would prefer slightly less length in hock, stifle to hock, forearm and pastern. He still has a bit of growing to do so may be a bit to high on the leg for my personal taste. and ditto head.

Very balanced just means the angulation is the same both ends, if the angles are  very straight both ends the dog can still be balanced. 

Hi!

Is this question directed to me??

Henrik

playawhile said:
Karen said:
Very nice puppy, 
Im with Henrik here,  would prefer slightly less length in hock, stifle to hock, forearm and pastern. He still has a bit of growing to do so may be a bit to high on the leg for my personal taste. and ditto head.

Very balanced just means the angulation is the same both ends, if the angles are  very straight both ends the dog can still be balanced. 

Hi!

Henrik

No Henrik, just anyone with an opinion :D

People say balanced indicating the same angles at the front assembly and back assembly of the dog. BUT they dont say if those angles are correct, a dog can be upright in front and straight in stifle and be balanced.

Karen said:
playawhile said:
Karen said:
Very nice puppy, 

Hi!

Henrik

No Henrik, just anyone with an opinion :D

People say balanced indicating the same angles at the front assembly and back assembly of the dog. BUT they dont say if those angles are correct, a dog can be upright in front and straight in stifle and be balanced.

Ok Karen, I understand now how the questian was asked..... Stupid me... ;)

To me balance is not only about front and back but how long the topline is compared to the rest of the dog and also the length of the neck to take two examples. For instance a dog can look out of balance if the hindlegs are a bit straight and the neck very long at the same time. To me balance is about all parts of the dog fitting eachother and no part is sticking out.

Henrik

playawhile said:
Karen said:

To me balance is not only about front and back but how long the topline is compared to the rest of the dog and also the length of the neck to take two examples. For instance a dog can look out of balance if the hindlegs are a bit straight and the neck very long at the same time. To me balance is about all parts of the dog fitting eachother and no part is sticking out.
I agree with Henrik about the usage of "balance". For me it is all about harmony, continuous lines, equilibrium between power and elegance... It is a description of a whole which is as it should be. Am I making any sense :blink: here?

We are both in Sweden, might be a language thing?

malin said:
playawhile said:
Karen said:

I agree with Henrik about the usage of "balance". For me it is all about harmony, continuous lines, equilibrium between power and elegance... It is a description of a whole which is as it should be. Am I making any sense :blink: here?

We are both in Sweden, might be a language thing?

I think you are expressing it perfectly. :thumbsup:

But where is Tamara? Iwant to know more, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! :)

Seraphina said:
But where is Tamara?  Iwant to know more, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE! :)
:D :D :D Ok!!! I must confess I totally forgot!!! :oops:

Thank you to those who gave their advice :thumbsup: . Will see how this boy will turn out!!! :)

This puppy is called "Bayou" Keep On Running Blue Bayou

His dam is Jacky's Smiling Tweety (Ch. Hillsdown Highlander X Lackmée XR de Chambord). Highlander is a son of Ch. Khabaray Single Malt at Dumbriton. Lakmée is the result of an in-breeding mating son to dam with twice Ch Nevedith Paper Weight on 2nd and 3rd generations and Ch. Sunsalve Heatwave at Hutaka (by Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight) on 2nd generation.

The sire is my Spike, SBIS Multi Ch Taraly Malcolm X

This blue puppy is a stunning dog and I hope to see more of him in the future.

I think it is possible to breed excellent blues and blacks if breeders don`t hide behind the fact that it has all to stay as it is in colour breeding....

Thanks for showing us that pup.

Ulrike

Morgan said:
:D   :D   :D Ok!!! I must confess I totally forgot!!! :oops:
LOL!!!  Bad girl!!!

Ch. Sunsalve Heatwave at Hutaka (by Ch Carmodian Tawny Knight)

Was this the odd coloured tricolour type thingy dog????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back