The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Taunton Open

Rae

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello All,

Following on from the thread in Chit Chat...... :b

If anyone would like somewhere close to the Taunton Polo Ground for Caravans / Motorhomes or tents we have a small and quiet campsite approx 3 miles away.

(4 Star, toilet block, showers etc - some hard standings)

We are next to a friendly pub - which allows the dogs in - and obviously we are whippet mad ourselves and have no restrictions on the number of dogs per unit (w00t) Also opposite woodlands which is handy for dog walking ( although beware of the deer :angry: and fox poo :x )

OR

I could try to arrange 'wild camping' in a field close by if that was of more interest to anyone.

AND

I could also try to organise a K9 party in the pub one evening (most likely the beer garden) - perhaps the night after the racing so no-one has to go racing hungover and grumpy (unless they want to ofcourse! :cheers: )

If anyone is interested please let me know so that I've got time to organise things.

Suggested dates are arrive Friday 22nd July, leave Sunday 24th July 2005.

Thanks Rae. :b

Hello

I'm new to whippets and this site.

Is this the PWRC race meeting? I tried to contact them but got an old people's home!

Is the racing on the Saturday?

How can I contact the PWRC?

Thanks.

Chris

prworksnow said:
HelloI'm new to whippets and this site.

Is this the PWRC race meeting? I tried to contact them but got an old people's home!

Thanks.

Chris

It is the West Somerset PWRC - they don't have a website presence so I am pm-ing you the contact name and number

Good luck.

[Thank you

]Hello

I'm new to whippets and this site.

Thanks.

Chris

It is the West Somerset PWRC - they don't have a website presence so I am pm-ing you the contact name and number

Good luck.

Wow! That sounds great Rae. Will be there. :thumbsup:

It's gonna be whippet-tastic :wub: :cheers: :teehee: :teehee: :p

If anyone really does want to come can you please PM me so that I can book you in properly. :thumbsup:

Rea book me in from the Friday-Monday (3 nights) cheers Mark (do you want a deposit sending?)

Bookings are doing nicely - thanks :D Only 3 places left now

That weekend is also banger racing locally and I'm holding the site for K9 at the moment so if anyone else wants to book please let me know in the next few days.

The pub has agreed to let us have the beer garden - so is Saturday night best for everyone? The racing is Sunday isn't it? So it might mean there are some groggy k9ers ..... :x

She will put some nibbles on for us if we pay £5 per head - is everyone interested?

Rae said:
Bookings are doing nicely - thanks  :D   Only 3 places left now
That weekend is also  banger racing locally and I'm holding the site for K9 at the moment so if anyone else wants to book please let me know in the next few days.

The pub has agreed to let us have the beer garden - so is Saturday night best for everyone? The racing is Sunday isn't it?  So it might mean there are some groggy k9ers ..... :x  

She will put some nibbles on for us if we pay £5 per head - is everyone interested?

OH YES PLEASE!

Thats sounds great to me Rae. Gonna be a good weekend. :cheers:

Count us in aswell ......though I think Benjamin might not be there as he's going on holiday with Grannie (oh dear what a shame :b )

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back