The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Teeth Cleaning

jaybe

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I clean my dogs teeth with doggie toothpaste & give her rawhide chews, but her teeth never seem clean. She can't have bones because they bring on her colitis. What does everyone else use so she can have a califorian smile, & minty fresh breath for the judges. :D

I clean my whippies teeth with Logic every night This seems to keep their teeth clean and they love it :thumbsup:

BlueNoise said:
I clean my whippies teeth with Logic  every night  This seems to keep their teeth clean and they love it :thumbsup:
I haven't heard of this, is it a paste & where do you buy it from ?

you can get it from the vet i also use it and wouldnt use anything else its brill :thumbsup:it costs about £8 and lasts me ages its iodine free and you dont have to brush either you can just put it on the teeth and leave it i brush my dogs teeth once a week and put it on the worst teeth daily :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
i use a broom and bleach :- " (not really)

pat, where do you get from please :huggles:

affieluver said:
you can get it from the vet i also use it and wouldnt use anything else its brill :thumbsup:
lol, we posted at the same time kel.............and you answered my question, thankyou very much you lovely lady :huggles:

why thankyou mrs :huggles:

will get some tomorrow :thumbsup:

BlueNoise said:
jaybe said:
BlueNoise said:
I clean my whippies teeth with Logic  every night  This seems to keep their teeth clean and they love it :thumbsup:
I haven't heard of this, is it a paste & where do you buy it from ?

Just to say its a gel and Pets at Home also sell it

do they pat i bet its cheaper than the vet i will have to have a look thanks for that :thumbsup:

I usually put a bit of PLAQUE-OFF in with their food too :thumbsup: Also you can buy Logic online too :thumbsup: and your vets :thumbsup:

Logic oral hygeine gel :-

1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk :thumbsup:

robandkay said:
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk    :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info :thumbsup: thats cheap!!!!

BlueNoise said:
robandkay said:
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk     :thumbsup:

Thanks for that info :thumbsup: thats cheap!!!!

supa dupa :thumbsup:

Raggies & Vet bed work too.

I have a 10 year old that is always chewing raggies and vet bed and I havn't cleaned her teeth for a fair few years and they are sparkly, even the ones at the back!

This is really not a reccomendation (Naughty girl:rant:)

I use 'Dorwest Herbs' Roast dinner toothpaste - it's got a great smell and I think it's the best on the market (don't know how it tastes because I've never tried it myself :lol: ) I've tried a few and they seem to like it best as well.

The whippets have their teeth cleaned once a week. The iggies have their teeth cleaned five or six nights a week (seven if I can). The iggies also have 'Plaque-off' in their food and a small piece of Pedigree Chum Denta-chew before bed (with their teeth cleaned afterwards). The iggies also play with toys every day which helps keep their teeth clean. (In the past I didn't clean their teeth so often and Zoomie had to have his cleaned by the vet so now I'm quite religious about their teeth - as a breed they are known for bad teeth).

The whippets have much better teeth than the iggies and they stay white and tartar-free much better. I have a scraper and remove the tartar myself if they need it and the whippets are extremely good about having their mouths handled. (The iggies hate it but seem to like the Dorwest toothpaste which makes life easier!) They get rawhide chews every second day although I don't think that makes a difference. They also get 'Logic' once a week. They're all too old to chew toys now which is a pity because that's a great teeth cleaner.

I avoid soft food as much as possible although they get a teaspoonful in their kibble (fed dry) every night but their breakfast is dry (with water available of course). We have a couple of old large logs which the dogs chew on during the summer - they don't splinter, just go mushy, but that seems to help too.

I don't give my dogs bones.

zilloot said:
I use 'Dorwest Herbs' Roast dinner toothpaste - it's got a great smell and I think it's the best on the market (don't know how it tastes because I've never tried it myself :lol: ) I've tried a few and they seem to like it best as well.
Funny you should say that, as not long after we launched the Roast Dinner Toothpaste it was picked up by a lot of national media, and was featured on 'Big Breakfast' and Mark Little (who was Joe Mangle in Neighbours) who was presenting BB at the time actually used it to brush his teeth and then ran around barking for a few minutes :lol: :wacko:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back