The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Teeth Cleaning

:thumbsup: OF COURSE.... GOD IM SO THICK . THANK-YOU FOR THAT REPLY.

ARE THEY SIMILAR IN CHARACTER TO WHIPPIES, THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL :D :D

robandkay said:
Logic oral hygeine gel :-
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk    :thumbsup:

I believe its free postage if you spend at least £9.00 :thumbsup:

daledogs said:
robandkay said:
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk     :thumbsup:

Hi I ordered some yesterday but had to spend £10 or over so bought 3 tubes!!

Paid £1.99 postage but still worked out cheaper then the vet :thumbsup:

Do you need to clean dogs teeth...ive never cleaned my dogs teeth

Bows teeth are clean and white and pegs only has a little plague at the base but she is nearly 7...i find the bone and raw seem to keep them in top condition

haycroft said:
Do you need to clean dogs teeth...ive never cleaned my dogs teeth
Bows teeth are clean and white and pegs only has a little plague at the base but she is nearly 7...i find the bone and raw seem to keep them in top condition

Yes i would say so, i started with my dogs from the moment i got them, teeth, glands ears

:cheers:

robandkay said:
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk    :thumbsup:

Sounds good. Ruby gets bad breath and yellow teeth even though we give her bones and brush her teeth. Maybe we'll try Logic... :)

zilloot said:
I use 'Dorwest Herbs' Roast dinner toothpaste - it's got a great smell and I think it's the best on the market (don't know how it tastes because I've never tried it myself :lol: ) I've tried a few and they seem to like it best as well.
The whippets have their teeth cleaned once a week.  The iggies have their teeth cleaned five or six nights a week (seven if I can).  The iggies also have 'Plaque-off' in their food and a small piece of Pedigree Chum Denta-chew before bed (with their teeth cleaned afterwards).  The iggies also play with toys every day which helps keep their teeth clean.  (In the past I didn't clean their teeth so often and Zoomie had to have his cleaned by the vet so now I'm quite religious about their teeth - as a breed they are known for bad teeth).

The whippets have much better teeth than the iggies and they stay white and tartar-free much better.  I have a scraper and remove the tartar myself if they need it and the whippets are extremely good about having their mouths handled. (The iggies hate it but seem to like the Dorwest toothpaste which makes life easier!) They get rawhide chews every second day although I don't think that makes a difference.  They also get 'Logic' once a week.  They're all too old to chew toys now which is a pity because that's a great teeth cleaner.

I avoid soft food as much as possible although they get a teaspoonful in their kibble (fed dry) every night but their breakfast is dry (with water available of course).  We have a couple of old large logs which the dogs chew on during the summer - they don't splinter, just go mushy, but that seems to help too.

I don't give my dogs bones.

I'm so glad you said that the roast dinner stuff is good, 'cos after seeing the link to vetuk last night, I went to have a look, and bought the roast dinner, and some logic. I have some Plaque-Off for mine, bought a big tub and it was about £40, as someone told me it was amazing - the only thing is it's high in iodine, and I've been a bit wary about giving it to the racers in case it affects their performance. I have given it to them over winter, but thought they might quite like some roast dinner :lol: I always used to use CET Malt flavour, but they don't seem to make it anymore, and recently we've had some stuff that's poultry flavour, and they don't like it one bit.

Now, this morning my new Sonicare Toothbrush arrived - been wanting one for ages, as it's said they are the very best for keeping your teeth clean (bloody expensive though :sweating: ). Well, it was fantastic - my teeth feel really smooth and shiny, and I was wondering whether to get one for the dogs? I could use mine with a different brush on I suppose, but I'm not sure I want them to have mine :unsure: S'pose it's no different to when they give you a big sloppy kiss :teehee:

Roast dinner should be here tomorrow :thumbsup:

Bought some logic from vets roday £8.76. My local Pets At Home don'sell it.

BlueNoise said:
daledogs said:
robandkay said:
                                    1 tube @ £4.99

2 tubes @ £4. 49 ea.

from www.vetuk.co.uk     :thumbsup:

Hi I ordered some yesterday but had to spend £10 or over so bought 3 tubes!!

Paid £1.99 postage but still worked out cheaper then the vet :thumbsup:

Thats good Pat,just shows it pays to have a look around,i found another site were you only got to spend £6.00 to get free postage,the logic about £4.00 something :D :D

Started brushing Megan's teeth today but her gums were bleeding a little :( Has anyone else had this problem when brushing. I was only brushing them gently as well!

Hopefully I will start to see a difference in a few weeks. I used the Dorwest Roast dinner toothpaste. It will last a long time as it is a great consistency for putting on her teeth, not too runny so it stays on the brush well.

Between that and the Logic and the Fragaria she should be sparkling soon. Though I had to put the Fragaria in her mouth about eight times this morning as she kept spitting it out :- "

My whippies gums bleed at first so I wouldnt worry to much but keep your eye on them :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back