The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Teya-lets From 2 To Almost 4 Weeks!

chelynnah

Whippet Servant
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Latest uploaded photos can be found here http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/che...eeks/?start=all

This is just a selection of some of my favourites.

Teya takes some time out to get some snuggles from Savvy!

Fuji2007_1111002.jpg

Fuji2007_1112003.jpg

Already assuming the 'melted whippet' position at this young age!

Fuji2007_1111007.jpg

They layout has changed slightly - the bed has the back against the wall and the litterbox is in the front left corner as that's where they wanted to pee. They are at about 60% success for putting themselves in it. At 4 weeks I think that's pretty good.

Fuji2007_1111018.jpg

Fuji2007_1111021.jpg

Being a pup is such HARD work!

Fuji2007_1112011.jpg

Fuji2007_1114001.jpg

Nikon2007_1113001.jpg

Nikon2007_1117001.jpg

Nikon2007_1117010.jpg

con't next post

Nikon2007_1117017.jpg

Human toes are YUMMY!

Nikon2007_1117026.jpg

Nothing like a mother's love :wub:

Nikon2007_1117072.jpg

Mummy - Auntie Chelsea - somebody let me ouuuutttttta here!

Nikon2007_1117076.jpg

Nikon2007_1117078.jpg

Enjoy!

Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
what gorgeous scrummy puppies! you must be rushed off your feet! must say, it all looks very orderly. bet you are so proud. Well done! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps we have a 12 week old puppy and this is the first time i have even been on the computer for weeks! and thats only one!

What gorgeous photos, thank you for sharing them with us.

I can't wait to see a recent on of Ben :wub:

lovely pictures Wendy, they are just adorable. How is Savvy, will she give them a glance now and then or still too much for her - I just love to see Chelsea with them. Teya looks great.

georgina said:
lovely pictures Wendy, they are just adorable.  How is Savvy, will she give them a glance now and then or still too much for her - I just love to see Chelsea with them.  Teya looks great.
Savvy will tell you that she wsa NOT playing with one of the boys through the bars the other night. She was NOT play bowing and roo-rooing at him and doing silly spins.

Absolutely NOT! :clown:

Wendy

Lovely photos Wendy. I can't believe nearly 4 !!!! weeks. (w00t)

I bet Teya is getting a bit fed up now, with all those demanding children. No wonder she wants some time out with the girls. All mums need a break. :huggles:

They are looking soooooo gorgeous Wendy. :wub: :huggles: :wub: Thanks for sharing the pics with us. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Absolutely gorgeous :wub:

How on earth do you get them to use a litter box???? I have never seen this before - I am sure mine would think it is a toy & distribute the litter from here to kingdom come (w00t)

Has anyone else used the litter box training????

They are just beautiful Wendy :wub:

It's been ages since you have put any photos on here- lovely to see them :thumbsup:

Are those wee pads on the bottom of the pen? That will be costing you a blimmin' fortune! :eek: And just wait till they start shredding them! :oops:

Liz and the Monellis

They are lovely Wendy :wub: :wub:

My 4 weeks already :eek:

aww there coming on a treat :wub: :wub: :wub: mums certainly doing a brilliant job :huggles:

shenace said:
Absolutely gorgeous :wub:   
How on earth do you get them to use a litter box????  I have never seen this before - I am sure mine would think it is a toy & distribute the litter from here to kingdom come (w00t)   

Has anyone else used the litter box training????

Here is the link to the thread on Whippet World where I did part of my research on training to a litter box. A LOT of american breeders are doing this instead of going through the newspaper stage http://groups.msn.com/whippetworld/general...elete=0&CDir=-2

Liz - those are human incontinence pads which I got really cheaply. Hope to only be using them for another week or so till they're 90% reliable in the litter box, then not need them any more.

At the moment they are taking themselves to the litter box between 60-70% of the time, which at 4 weeks I think is pretty good going!

Wendy

ps - newsprint drives me crazy and I couldn't get unprinted end rolls plus I wanted something more absorbent than newspaper. I use the human inco pads because they were cheaper AND because the puppy ones are scented so they WILL use them. I don't want them to use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adorable.. :wub: :wub: just love the 'hangy out of bed' pics... :lol:

i think the litter tray is a great idea i hated useing newspaper .

the puppies are looking great wendy so does teya :huggles: where does the time go :huggles:

aww they look like they are each getting their little characters and getting up to mischief, Teya looks fabulous.

Which one is going to stay or haven't you decided yet ?

would be a difficult decision :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Julie D said:
aww they look like they are each getting their little characters and getting up to mischief, Teya looks fabulous.Which one is going to stay or haven't you decided yet ?

would be a difficult decision :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

I'll be running both the girls on to abou 16 weeks. I have a fantastic home lined up for whichever one I don't keep. It'll be hard to give one up at that point, but I'm thrilled with where she'll be going. I'm doing my best not to get particularly attached to either one. At the moment I'm drawn to both equally, and it's too early to decide on conformation. Their personalities and markings both appeal to me at this stage.

Wendy

chelynnah said:
Julie D said:
aww they look like they are each getting their little characters and getting up to mischief, Teya looks fabulous.Which one is going to stay or haven't you decided yet ?

would be a difficult decision :wub:   :wub:   :wub:   :wub:

I'll be running both the girls on to abou 16 weeks. I have a fantastic home lined up for whichever one I don't keep. It'll be hard to give one up at that point, but I'm thrilled with where she'll be going. I'm doing my best not to get particularly attached to either one. At the moment I'm drawn to both equally, and it's too early to decide on conformation. Their personalities and markings both appeal to me at this stage.

Wendy

I you quite sure you won't be keeping both? :D

I seem to remember a certain other person that we both know saying that she was only keeping one out of her current litter. I said then that I didn't believe her and look what happens. She's keeping two!!!!!

They are looking really fantastic but they are growing up so quickly. :wub:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back