The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

The Best In Your Opinion !

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
2 or 3 more that were and are top class

xstasy and litter sister time spell

little geordie fame and sonny boy same litter as well as little sister little star :thumbsup:

scooby dont on bends

triple x sailor

tinkersmill pickpocket bends

classic rock no joe

fav scratch and fastest imo of last few year as ya do straights and brother deanside belle on bends

could go on forever theres loads

last few

time to fly two tone

drama queen show three fly free fancy free rag nymph full stop alabama

Last edited by a moderator:
well if travelling is the thing that people think gets there dog the most recocgnition then we r back to the whippet news top ten again. ie if u travel and win u go to the top etc etc all my opinion. also the majority of people wherever they come from attend the championships so getting a title wud gain recogniction
i do it for fun titles mean nothink to me i just enjoy racing my dogs :thumbsup: the trouble is peaple get to carried away my nearest track is 3 hour away not including thurrock but thats to hard to race in the summer if there was no devon or scotland i would be back with me greyhounds tmrow not after the olympics.

dont think people get carried away its just that they love doing what they do ray so you dont want a title then :unsure: ;)

well if travelling is the thing that people think gets there dog the most recocgnition then we r back to the whippet news top ten again. ie if u travel and win u go to the top etc etc all my opinion. also the majority of people wherever they come from attend the championships so getting a title wud gain recogniction
i do it for fun titles mean nothink to me i just enjoy racing my dogs :thumbsup: the trouble is peaple get to carried away my nearest track is 3 hour away not including thurrock but thats to hard to race in the summer if there was no devon or scotland i would be back with me greyhounds tmrow not after the olympics.

dont think people get carried away its just that they love doing what they do ray so you dont want a title then :unsure: ;)
I do it for fun, as surely that is what we all should be doing, but have to say titles are a bit special, but at the same time there are some special dogs that never achieve a title and some owners too, my parents raced for 30 years before getting their first title now that was a special day for us :) There have been and are some fantastic dogs and we all have our favourites and ones that stick in our minds, one of my all time favourites was Mickey D just loved to watch this dog bend, i always have a soft spot for little 16lbers that hang on, on the bends i would have loved to have watched Perrys Own, Troublespot and Crystal Blue all at their best battling it out on the bends 3 tiny gutsy little girls:)

Swift Wind, Short Spot, Fancy Free, Indian Joe, Mad Mick, Another Maid, IBM, Biddy there are so many greats and will be loads more to add in years to come but we all have our own favourites.

yes gary i would like to win surpreme but to have 1 race or a solo and put rch beside me dog no thanks

rather win surpreme at a normal open thats harder o m opinion thats all am saying good luck everyone next weekend :thumbsup:

i know what you mean but any championship event is the highest level in racing... taken a lot of folks such as john with tinkers 40 year to gain a title and sup at that ;) good luck everyone and safe racing i was talking to alison armstrong about champs yesterday and she said all she hopes is everyone enjoyes the weekend and comes off safe think she hit the nail on the head thats what its about :thumbsup:

yes gary i would like to win surpreme but to have 1 race or a solo and put rch beside me dog no thanks rather win surpreme at a normal open thats harder o m opinion thats all am saying good luck everyone next weekend :thumbsup:
I think we'd all love to get a title in a 3/4 heat class but there's just not the dogs any more, title winners can only beat what turns up (and of course you'd much prefer to win a title in what you consider a poor class that get beat in one), also a lot of people change classes at champs to avoid the favourites, which means something like Anagram is only getting one race classes for a title, i know this spoils it for Keith. I remember people avoiding the awesome Fly Free on the bends like the plague when it came to championship day too which must have taken the shine off it a bit for Alan.

your right vicky i remember fly free being well avoided bye some gooduns too

Best yard/pound dog Slippy blue (past)

Best yard/pound bitch No comment (past)

Best Scratch dog Jacks Back (past)

Also include the approx years they ran to any newcomers to the sport !

scratch dogs from the past not yet mentioned

ROSKO

HOLLYWOOD

SECRET SQUIRREL

must give my own 2 a mention WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE (a 40lber who could take on the no limits )and HUNKY DORA

from the present

DENESIDEBELLE

BAGHEERA

LOVE LOCKDOWN

FIRES LAD

yd/lb

MR. BENN, ON SITE, VALENTINE, DREAM VISION,LAURA, LAURAS DREAM, MR.ROSS, LITTLE JIM, HEARTBREAKER, THE SOUTHERNER, GONE AGAIN, MARELLA, CHEEKY MADAM, LITTLE MADAM, POLLYSAURUS, SPIRIT OF THE STAG, MOCHARA, BIDDY, SWIFT HOLLY. SWIFT DELIGHT, TINKERSMILL, CLASSIC ROCK,

to name a few the list goes on

BEST SC DOGS MERRYMAKER JACK'S BACK,WONDERWALL,BULLY BEEF

BEST STRAIGHT DOGS STIENMAN LAURA'S DREAM MY OWN ANOTHER MYSTERY MARRILION, STEINMAN, NO SWEAT HE'S A MYSTERY ,WALLY STAG (WHAT A DOG JUST TO LAY AT SIDE OF TRACK TILHIS RACE) PREDITOR

BEST BEND DOG INDIAN JOE MUSTARD MICK'S MYSTERY AND GILLETTE(WHAT A DOG) MAID YOUR POINT ,ANTHER MYSTERY,

BEST BEND BITCH SATNIN (WHAT A BITCH) DREAM TALK MAD RUSH TREVORS CHASER (TO WIN CH-CHS AT 35LB NO MEAN FEAT) FLY FREE, ONES A MYSTERY

BEST STRAIGHT BITCH GONE AGAIN, SWIFT HOLLY CASCARA, LITTLE MADAM

My favs MAD MICK,NORTH TO SOUTH, ANOTHER SPOT , SWIFT HOLLY,DRAMA QUEEN, SLIPPY BLUE, ONES CUSTIE STAR,MIDNIGHT RUN.

gypsy queen might not have been the fastest bitch on the straights but she won titles on it, but when it come to bend racing her track craft her racing brain and her courage was a wonder to behold she would go up the inside if she spotted a inch gap she would go round them all if she had to,she would salom in and out if she needed to and even ease up and wait for a gap and drive through it and she knew where the winning line was

their only as good as what is about at the time and

the dogs at the momment aint that great

their only as good as what is about at the time and the dogs at the momment aint that great

i disagree, i have only been racing open circuit 11 years but have seen some class animals,

scratch.....son of a bitch, stormbird, NE1, deneside belle, hellbent(when his heads screwed on ) and showthree( only dog to win scratch top ten and yard per lb top ten)

weight class dogs yrd/lb little madam, adams mystery(loved watching this dog),michelle belle, blue goblin, peggy sue, acca on the bends,mochara, prada, fly baby, and little crystal blue( another fantastic little bitch bends and straights, and i thought oscar was some dog running against class bitch,s for the jack cadman two years running and ibm, i could go on also but won,t, and my own never forgotton master blaster.

their only as good as what is about at the time and the dogs at the momment aint that great
I agree that a dog is only as good as the competition but I disagree about the quality running now.

For one track records are repeatedly being broken Kirkcaldy is a good example (Pennysworth then As Ya Do, followed by Sugar Rush, the Bar Steward and then this year Almost Bobs) I agree track conditions can alter over time but the fact dogs keep breaking them says to me it's not just the track that's running faster.

My second argument against is predictions for events, the same dogs aren't picked to walk away with a class anymore because we all know there's strong competition. For me taking photos, I personally feel the finishes are definately tight, especially the scratch racing. I can't accept that ALL the dogs running are of a lower standard than the past and the fact is, if the dogs aren't improving over time then we're all doing something very wrong! :wacko:

BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT THE DOGS FROM YEARS AGO WOULD NOT LIVE WITH THE DOGS TDAY. SAME AS WITH THE GREYHOUNDS THERE SEEM TO BE ALOT BETTER DOGS IN THE 80S BUT THEY WOULDENT LIVE WITH THE DOGS TDAY .THE SAME AS HUMAN RUNNERS CARL LEWIS LYNFORD CHRITIE WOULDENT LIVE WITH BOLT. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at the scratch side of this subject because thats what my dog races in, :thumbsup: but i don't think people can predict whats the best at the time, when SOME Southern dogs have never had the chance to race against the dogs way up North, :- I personally would like to know what my girl could do against dogs in her weight group that she's NEVER had chance to meet, due to the distance. :(

There's hell of a lot of good dogs that just never get to prove them selves on the straights and bends IMO for what it's worth. :lol: di

Lots will disagree, :lol: but thats life. :p

the time when north meets south is normally the champs. im from the north ie newcastle upon tyne and steve williams is from the south and my scratch and his scratch had some great races @ champs time but we never raced 2gethter up here or down there so i kinda get wot u r saying b ut then again u may have the best dog down south therfore wud still get recognition. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back